The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should I use experience scrolls or extract them for crown gems?

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Saved 2800+ crown gems worth of experience scrolls.

vqj3lG9.png

Currently CP 1859 and pushing for CP 2000.
PC NA

Should I use experience scrolls or extract them for crown gems? 107 votes

Use the scrolls for experience
7%
wenchmore420b14_ESOthomas1970b16_ESOElsonsoMikeSkyrim333KarldorFreakin_Hyttewolfie1.0.bridgetrose 8 votes
Extract the scrolls for crown gems
92%
belial5221_ESOhuntgod_ESOvailjohn_ESOGlassHalfFullWhiteCoatSyndromeFaulgorCyberOnEsoDanikatzarialuen79rwb17_ESOphaneub17_ESOpriestnall.andrewrwb17_ESOSheezabeastCloudtraderInaMoonlightHymzirSengraVDoom1VaranaDestai 99 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extract the Major ones, keep the Grand ones if there's any possibility you're going to make a few more characters eventually. I have so many alts I use all of mine for leveling.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having enlightenment, free scrolls from rewards or store pots and all those events we thrown into its not really worth to use those, but that's obviously depends if you have anything else saved up. For me personally at 1800+ exp gain seems fast enough to not be bothered with any boosts.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extract them for gems. Use the free ones they keep giving out from login bonuses.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't vote because it's "other" for me. It 100% depends on your own personal needs. I try to explain what I mean:
    - Do you have several other experience scrolls, of those that are not tradable for gems? If yes, how many? If you have a lot, then the ones with tradable for gems are less necessary and you have less pressure on you to "lose" them for gems.
    - How far are your CPs (or level)? OK for you? Or you want more? And if more, how urgent is it for you to build them up?
    - What for do you need the gems? Something that you want absolutely and for which you have not enough crowns? Or do you have enough crowns to cover?

Once you have answered those questions, it will give you an overview of the different alternatives you have and it's then with you to decide what are your priorities, depending what is the most urgent to you.

I believe that none of us can make that decision for you because it's by far too much depending on your own personal boundary conditions and priorities.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're 41 CPs from 2k. That's what, 1 rnd per day for a week? Don't not convert those scrolls. You can buy a full radiant apex for that gem.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No right or wrong answer here. Go with whatever you need more.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd definitely convert the scrolls into gems because you can get XP scrolls (and other XP boosts) from other sources, but you only get crown gems from items in crown crates, and you could save yourself a lot of money/crowns by converting those scrolls and using them for the items you want.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the scrolls for experience
    I would save the big ones and extract the middle and low ones. You get so many of those from other sources that you don't need the extra ones from crates
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Extract all of them for gems imo and get something nice for yourself.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gems are more rare resource, so you should extract them. You can get exp boosts from potions, the free scroll, events, etc. Gems only come from extracting.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the gems to buy things, very coooool things! B) I got a ton of XP scrolls and would gladly convert them to gems if I could.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Gems are more rare resource, so you should extract them. You can get exp boosts from potions, the free scroll, events, etc. Gems only come from extracting.

I completely forgot about Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia. I will buy those and extract the scrolls for crown gems.

Thanks!
    PC NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extract because a) you can get equivalent potions in game (even though they last less) for gold, and b) you are at a high cp level so grinding is not a priority (especially since there's not enough passives stars and only 4 slottables).
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just use the free scrolls from daily log in rewards or buy or make XP potions.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know, I think my reaction is due to the fact that there's not one thing I would want to spend gems on.

Garbage, total garbage....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bank all my experience scrolls, I have no desire to boost my rate of levelling and have nothing I want to spend gems on. Then again, I'm probably in a minority of one :wink: !
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you extract gems from scrolls? I've never seen this option.
    PCNA
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...wait...you can do this?!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a reward from a crate. All crate rewards can be extracted except for collectibles you don't already own. Duplicate cosmetics are automatically extracted for you.

You can't extract your free scrolls
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 17 October 2021 15:36
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

It's a reward from a crate. All crate rewards can be extracted except for collectibles you don't already own. Duplicate cosmetics are automatically extracted for you.

You can't extract your free scrolls

That explains why I've never seen this because I don't do crates.

Thanks.
    PCNA
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Saved 2800+ crown gems worth of experience scrolls.

vqj3lG9.png

Currently CP 1859 and pushing for CP 2000.

Extract!! Scrolls are so easy to come by. That, and events, and potions- plenty of options to gain xp.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - You can get experience point just by playing the game (and you have a lot of CP already).
    - You can not get awesome mounts, emotes, outfits, costumes etc just by playing the game.

So the answer if obvious, at least for me. If I had the possibility - I would extract as many crown gems as possible. But the final decision goes to you op - it is up to you.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 17 October 2021 18:02
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caveat being I have 200+ 50% scrolls, 100+ 100% scrolls and 27 150% scrolls...so no real reason for me to keep them.

If you have all the CP you need, no real reason to keep them.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com