The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Those who dont play w/ADDONS: A catalogue book is needed

HyekAr
HyekAr
✭✭✭
Hi,

there is a lot of recipe, diagrams, etc in the game.
what if there would be a catalogue book, which I could open anytime i need to check what i need for the crafting.

i imagine it in this way: like the reading lore book, with several marks on laterral, with units : FOOD, FORNITURE, REAGENTS
and once u re in that unit you can change pages to find: SEATS, and different type of seats (motly recepe I found in the game)

this would be very comfortable to check everytime i need to know something, quanties, ingredients, etc
Edited by HyekAr on 16 October 2021 10:15
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    Hi,

what if there would be a catalogue book, which I could open anytime i need to check what i need for the crafting.

addon Master Recipe List
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PC player who doesn't use addons, I feel the need to ask-- "But what about console players???"
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, What if I dont want to play with addons, what I have no right to play or ask for updates something which is very comfortble.

The dev should block all the addons! So ppl start playing the game as it is made..
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs allow and endorse addons, so the game is being played as intended. Allowing and endorsing addons means they don't have to spend time and resources addressing QoL issues that are easily addressed with player made addons.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Mumbles_the_Tank
    Mumbles_the_Tank
    ✭✭✭
    The dev should block all the addons! So ppl start playing the game as it is made..

But the game was made lacking vital information in multiple systems - for the supposed sense of traditional Skyrim immersion.

These devs, much like Bethesda would do with mods, provided means for players to tailor their experience to suit their needs. Your personal selection of addons are exactly how the game was meant to be played.

Now if only we had the power we do in single player Scrolls games and the community could fix all the bugs that go ignored too.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As a PC player who doesn't use addons, I feel the need to ask-- "But what about console players???"

Yes, thank you, and louder for the people in the back:

C O N S O L E
    P L A Y E R S
    D O N ' T
    G E T
    A D D O N S
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do use addons and I use the Craftstore addon specifically for this purpose, so I'd really like it to become part of the base game. I don't need the majority of what Craftstore does (which is track your progress with research and items you can use to learn traits), I use it purely to record motifs, recipes and furniture plans I do and don't have because there's no sensible way to do that in the game itself.

I was going to say motifs are included in the journal's lore library, but for some reason it doesn't have all of them, which seems odd. (I think it's only the later ones which are only available as individual pages which it tracks.)

So if they could add all the motifs, and include provisioning recipies and furniture plans that would be helpful.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 I think having a system like the 'Outfit System' or 'Item set collection' system but for collectibles would be a great idea.

I think having a page where you can preview all the furniture recipes, sorted by the current categories, and click them to display a preview of them would be an amazing quality of life feature.

If ZOS were to implement this I think then deciding that all collectibles would become account-wide would be a good idea, because it would be impossible for a human to collect everything on multiple characters especially with the speed that things are being introduced. You don't need to fear people will run out of stuff to collect, it is more than a full time job as it is to collect everything on one character.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    Hi,

i imagine it in this way: like the reading lore book, with several marks on laterral, with units : FOOD, FORNITURE, REAGENTS
    and once u re in that unit you can change pages to find: SEATS, and different type of seats (motly recepe I found in the game)

this would be very comfortable to check everytime i need to know something, quanties, ingredients, etc

Something like this may help in the meantime...

Character and Guild Database.
    https://www.eso-database.com/en/

If you use the gizmo available for download and install, it updates every time you log off.
    If at first you don't succeed, LFG.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Fikkan wrote: »
    Hi,

If you use the gizmo available for download and install, it updates every time you log off.

Thanks bro for sharing, but the thing is I cant install addons(even if I would, why? I mean tge game itself should provide this things) but I need a feature because it is really crazy.. remember what i have to collect for crafting or writing it on a papel(which i am not willing to do.. bcz i am playing a game not making a doctoral tesis)🤣🤣🤣
    Edited by HyekAr on 16 October 2021 21:36
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    C O N S O L E
    P L A Y E R S
    D O N ' T
    G E T
    A D D O N S

Just to add to your voice:

Stadia players don't get addons either, and they are playing crossplay with PC players that do.

• Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, What if I dont want to play with addons, what I have no right to play or ask for updates something which is very comfortble.

Yeh i also don't use any add ons on pc. I think any new functions should be added to the base game by the software provider. See like they banned people because addon made it look like a cheat? Would not happen if game was updated by the devs, not by whoever.
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) addons are not going anywhere on PC. nor should they.
    2) addons should definitely be enabled for everyone, but I lack the knowledge for why this is harder for consoles.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) addons are not going anywhere on PC. nor should they.
    2) addons should definitely be enabled for everyone, but I lack the knowledge for why this is harder for consoles.

It's not really "harder" for consoles. It's that the console providers (Microsoft for Xbox, Sony for Playstation) don't currently allow 3rd party software on their platforms.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    There is few small things which should have ingame tools for that.
    Like dps measure(as all guild ask for the addon),
    catalogue book(to have some order of things and posibility to check it anytime).
    Day &night clock bar which is very usefull to measure when I should start doing other stuff..(f.e. colecting resourses is easier during the night, bcz of the helping yellow light)
    Etc
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is you.
    Other players are different.
    Addons fix what developers left unfinished/undone because of tough schedule or lack of gaming practice or for other reasons (like hard to code on existing engine).
    If devs ever ban addons i quit the very same day, despites i sincerely love ESO, but more that that i hate repetitive time-consuming brainless actions required to do something elementary (like swapping gear, crafting writs, finding item in 18 toons inventories, having minimap on screen, etc etc).
    PC EU
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Addons are the game is meant to be played. That's why the devs keep adding in features that were already covered by an addon months or years earlier. This is coming from someone who plays console (because their friends played it starting out. They all left and I'm sitting here with thousands of dollars worth of crowns that cant be transferred to other systems)

If you want fast features that help you out greatly, don't play console. Period.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Addons are the game is meant to be played. That's why the devs keep adding in features that were already covered by an addon months or years earlier. This is coming from someone who plays console (because their friends played it starting out. They all left and I'm sitting here with thousands of dollars worth of crowns that cant be transferred to other systems)

If you want fast features that help you out greatly, don't play console. Period.

I am plying with Stadia, it can be pc-console no matter. The thing is there is very logic things which should be in the game, but those re not, and there is addons for that? Like time bar, a recipe book.. it is not hard coding..
    DinoZavr wrote: »

That is you.
    Other players are different.
    Addons fix what developers left unfinished/undone because of tough schedule or lack of gaming practice or for other reasons (like hard to code on existing engine).
    If devs ever ban addons i quit the very same day, despites i sincerely love ESO, but more that that i hate repetitive time-consuming brainless actions required to do something elementary (like swapping gear, crafting writs, finding item in 18 toons inventories, having minimap on screen, etc etc).

So some ppl can code things devs cant..?
    Edited by HyekAr on 17 October 2021 19:54
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In defence of the devs: it's not that they can't code these features we want, it's that there probably aren't enough devs to spend the time on it. That's why it's good (for PC platform players only, of course) to have non-ZoS devs to provide these features.

As a dev, I'm used to always being forced to limit what I add to a software feature, due to lack of schedule time. It's just the way the industry works, because software companies try to deliver the most features possible but in the least time, in order to be competitive with other companies.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Thanks bro for sharing, but the thing is I cant install addons(even if I would, why? I mean tge game itself should provide this things) but I need a feature because it is really crazy.. remember what i have to collect for crafting or writing it on a papel(which i am not willing to do.. bcz i am playing a game not making a doctoral tesis)🤣🤣🤣

I agree with you. I was just attempting to help you in the now. That gizmo, btw, isn't an addon, it's a small app you load onto your computer that collects the data when you log off and uploads it to that website. I don't know if consolers could use that but... it's there if they can.

Imo, something like a National Library should be in every faction capital that has all the ingame information possible available, and crafting stations should have note-taking capability built into them and available when used as default.

All the information ever necessary or desirable for players should be available in-game by default.

The current state of game design is like having cars invented, but you still need to whip them with buggy whips to make them work.

Games designed by people educated in game design where the curriculum is designed by people who never played games.
    If at first you don't succeed, LFG.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I agree with you. I was just attempting to help you in the now. That gizmo, btw, isn't an addon, it's a small app you load onto your computer that collects the data when you log off and uploads it to that website. I don't know if consolers could use that but... it's there if they can.

Imo, something like a National Library should be in every faction capital that has all the ingame information possible available, and crafting stations should have note-taking capability built into them and available when used as default.

All the information ever necessary or desirable for players should be available in-game by default.

The current state of game design is like having cars invented, but you still need to whip them with buggy whips to make them work.

Games designed by people educated in game design where the curriculum is designed by people who never played games.

Like old times when you buy a car and need to buy a cd-player
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    In defence of the devs: it's not that they can't code these features we want, it's that there probably aren't enough devs to spend the time on it. That's why it's good (for PC platform players only, of course) to have non-ZoS devs to provide these features.

As a dev, I'm used to always being forced to limit what I add to a software feature, due to lack of schedule time. It's just the way the industry works, because software companies try to deliver the most features possible but in the least time, in order to be competitive with other companies.

Well i think the same, that probably the need more hands, but well this is smthing (I think) important small details:

1.Recibe book/or global item(but I understand that this required much more time)
    2.Day Night bar
    3. Also would be very cool (for pvp as much) having penetration bar.. so everytime someone cast penetration or the penetration hit, so we coyld see timings to avoid the attack better (something like shield bar in destiny2)