The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mudballs

pdblake
pdblake
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get rid of these outside of the proper festival? Either that or stop pulling me out of first person every time some idiot throws one.

/rant
Edited by pdblake on 16 October 2021 10:42
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Leyawiin the last day of the Blackwood event. Lots of people were crowded around the quest givers, and some fool was throwing mudballs. I didn't pay attention to who it was, just kept hearing that annoying squelch sound every few seconds. I took my quests and left, came back roughly 30 minutes later to turn them in. It was still happening! I know the mudballs are annoying, but I had to admire the dedication of whoever it was, to take the time to deliberately annoy everyone for that long of a time. I've been known to indulge in a mudball fight once in a while, but my guild encouraged it as a way to greet a guildie when you met them randomly in the world. But I would never stand in one place for over 30 minutes throwing them at strangers! I guess this is what happens when mom and dad leave the 12 year old boy alone in the house and he logs into ESO. 😂
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the flowers go, too. I have a friend who tosses them at me every single time we are together even though I've asked him repeatedly not to. I stopped hanging out with him for awhile because of it, and now he only does it once, but that's still too much for me.

If others find this fun let them do it to each other, but those of us who just find it annoying should have a toggle so we don't see the effect.
    PCNA
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the flowers go, too. I have a friend who tosses them at me every single time we are together even though I've asked him repeatedly not to. I stopped hanging out with him for awhile because of it, and now he only does it once, but that's still too much for me.

If others find this fun let them do it to each other, but those of us who just find it annoying should have a toggle so we don't see the effect.

Yeah, the flowers drive me nuts. If I had a friend always throwing them at me, I'd probably stop hanging out with them. I don't blame you.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have been down this road many times in another game, where they actually give you silly achievements for using festival stuff which you throw at other people. In the end, there was so much whinging for years that they finally implemented a toggle for people to opt out of being affected by them. You can toggle on/off as your whim suits. Problem solved.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toggle would be good. Never seen the flowers.

On a positive note right after posting this I did my first vet pug dungeon and got the monster helm in the right weight and trait first time. Maybe I should rant more often :D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why games ever introduce things like this in the first place. Not everyone enjoys this type of humor or thinks it's cute and fun. If you don't know how your target feels about it, don't do it.
    PCNA
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Offended by an in-game ball of dirt, 2021 sure is a great year
    uwu
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just needs a longer cool down.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »

Not offended, annoyed. Not much offends me.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Toggle would be good. Never seen the flowers.

The flowers are from the Cherry Blossom Branch. When used it tosses cherry blossoms all over the place and places a halo of cherry blossoms on the target.

I am not into cutesy things and find this annoying at best. I've told my friend to stop and he went from tossing these several times to just once, but that is still one time too many. If he does this one more time that will be the end of us hanging out. That's how annoying I find this "fun" memento.
    PCNA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds like you need to be cheered, grumpy grump!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continues throwing mudballs, snowballs, summoning crows, tossing flowers, throwing pies, and casting Radiating Regeneration!

Muwahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha!!!!!

o:)
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Why does not wanting to be annoyed by silly cutesy things make me a grump? I am not the least bit grumpy... at least not until someone who I asked several times to not do something to me does it again anyway.
    PCNA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does not wanting to be annoyed by silly cutesy things make me a grump? I am not the least bit grumpy... at least not until someone who I asked several times to not do something to me does it again anyway.

Granted, if people do tell me to stop I will stop. Moment something stops being fun there's no need to keep it up.

As they say, get enough of something, even something good, and eventually you'll get sick of it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Continues throwing mudballs, snowballs, summoning crows, tossing flowers, throwing pies, and casting Radiating Regeneration!

Muwahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha!!!!!

o:)

same here. mudballs for everyone!!! hahahahaha
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never bothers me. I don't have any issues with mudballs, flowers, pies.... They don't stop me doing what I need to do. Sure there's a stupid silly reaction, but jeez - I just go on with my crafting or whatever. It's not a big deal for me. YMMV of course.

[Edit: stupid typo]
    Edited by Sylvermynx on 17 October 2021 13:15
  • Blackskyszz
    Blackskyszz
    ✭✭✭
    All those things, mud balls, flowers etc is no big thing. It doesn't last long and does no damage whatsoever.

What is the most annoying, is when killing mobs...some moron has to come and try to be helpful. *** off. This is especially true when doing endeavors "kill x amount of whatever". Either these morons are trying to help or kill steal which is the most stupidest thing to do when there are so many to kill. Bottom line, ppl should really mind their business unless help was asked.

But that's just me...
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    All those things, mud balls, flowers etc is no big thing. It doesn't last long and does no damage whatsoever.

What is the most annoying, is when killing mobs...some moron has to come and try to be helpful. *** off. This is especially true when doing endeavors "kill x amount of whatever". Either these morons are trying to help or kill steal which is the most stupidest thing to do when there are so many to kill. Bottom line, ppl should really mind their business unless help was asked.

But that's just me...

I'm almost sure you can't steal kills in this game.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »

But that's just me...

To wit, you could for a hot minute when the endeavors were first introduced. They used to require you to get the killing blow, which has since been changed.

Story: I remember having a bear of a time trying to get a low DPS friend her giant endeavor. The icing on the cake was when we finally found a giant camp where one player was fighting one giant and the other giant was unattended. She aaaalmost had the thing dead, and at the last second the other player pivoted to force pulse it from afar. I had a good yell at that person. 🤣 I told them that behavior was SHAMEFUL. They stood there for a second looking at us and then silently slunk away.

Thankfully it no longer be like that. Just get a hit in or be grouped with someone else that kills the thing.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use mudballs, flowerpedals, crow etc on friends and guildies. Same with getting up in eachother's faces and do block bashing repeatedly towards eachother. It's just dumb yet a bit fun silliness. I'd also stop if any of them told me to stop because they didn't like it.

Strangers I don't do it towards, unless they were hit by accident when I'm trying to hit a friend/guildie, or if it's to get the holiday achievment that thing relates to. Even during the Jester's Festival daily to throw mudballs I mainly do it to npcs.

As for getting hit by those things, eh, they don't bother me much. The mudball is the most annoying of them and that's only if some stranger do it repeatedly when I'm busy doing something more serious. But if let's say they throw a mudball at me when doing my daily writs and such in Vivec? Not a single bother given. I'm also likely to throw some back at the person between writs, especially if they're one of those that stands on the forge.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Solarius_eu
    Solarius_eu
    ✭✭

But that's just me...

If the endeavour is "kill x <target> with class/weapon ability", someone "helping" may prevent you achieving the killing blow, so whilst not kill-stealing, they can still delay completion

• Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But that's just me...

If the endeavour is "kill x <target> with class/weapon ability", someone "helping" may prevent you achieving the killing blow, so whilst not kill-stealing, they can still delay completion

ZOS changed the endeavor and achievement system to allow assists to count as kills. So you don't need the killing blow.

This greatly helps people farming the Monster Hunter title too.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have mudballs. Will throw.
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »

Not offended but annoyed. I absolutely hate the mud balls. I would rather hear the dial up internet sound on repeat than these mudballs. A toggle for that stuff and for other players pets and similar things would be nice. Of course the toggle would have to be disabled in pvp but for pve I don't want to see them especially in dungeons because there's already so much going on it hinders view especially for tanks.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the mudball emotes personally. The interactive emotes in general are hilarious. If its not the mudball, its the cherry blossom crown, or the alliance pies or snow balls. It's a multiplayer game so you just have to take the good with the bad. Leave the zone or change instances if someone is harassing you.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree with you OP...I love a good mudball fight!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the mudball emotes personally. The interactive emotes in general are hilarious. If its not the mudball, its the cherry blossom crown, or the alliance pies or snow balls. It's a multiplayer game so you just have to take the good with the bad. Leave the zone or change instances if someone is harassing you.

Being a multiplayer game isn't a free pass to behave badly. No one should have to stop what they are doing because they are being harassed. We do not have to just accept bad behavior.
    Edited by SilverBride on 18 October 2021 15:28
    PCNA
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    Throw a mudball right back. Or dodge them. It can be done.
    I usually toss a pie back, it's much more humiliating.
    big, green, buff, but surprisingly not the Hulk
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you dodge a mudball when you don't even know its coming?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you dodge a mudball when you don't even know its coming?

You don't. If you see the person throwing it, or see it incoming, you can dodge and it will miss.

First day of New Life, I'll be throwing pies at people jumping off the bridge from below. Relax, it washes off as you get out. What better way to brace for the plunge, than to be covered in warm pie?
    Fear is the Mindkiller