Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Update 32 Combat Preview

• Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading the PTS Notes...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473ej8w0ycaawnez5zftp1se5e25mol9qg5ye3mfdp&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Edited by Sun7dance on 20 September 2021 21:08
    PS5|EU
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the last Update, we tried to keep things simpler with the number of changes to help combat the change fatigue many have reported, but progress cannot sleep for long as we march ever forward to improving the game.

So in other words: 1) You do not understand what change fatigue is, 2) You understand what it is but do not understand how to prevent it, or 3) You are fully aware of it and how it affects players but you do not care to address it.
    Edited by Suddwrath on 21 September 2021 16:55
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Remember when we went through all the performance tests, set limits, no heals, aoe cooldowns, and all the other tests? All trying to fix performance. And now ZOS goes 180 degrees and creates the most complicated aoe proc sets ever, and NOW we get 1 second set cooldowns?

How on earth is that "performant"?

Do you remember which update that was? I want to take a look at their update notes and see how things have changed throughout the years...
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Marto wrote: »
    I still can't believe what I'm reading.

This is going to be a really fundamental change to ESO

A lot of item sets work on the premise that they are the opposite stat of one another. Are sets like Hunding's Rage and Law of Julianos going to be merged into the same set?
    RMwOMpk.png

What about sets that are only remotely balanced because they only exist for stamina builds, because magicka builds having access to them would be overpowered (or vice versa)
    u6cowkN.png

If so many things are hybridized, does that mean this is what your stat screen will look like in the near future?
    oiN74yv.png

None of these ideas are objectively bad or anything. I might not even be opposed to them. But it is a huge change, with the potential to be the biggest update to ESO since Update 6.

Juli and Hunding will still differ in the Mag/Stam bonuses.

Moon Hunter will still be a light armor set.

I have Moon Hunter on my Melee-Magblade already before this update, golded out and everything. But I'd be really disappointed if it became hybridized too because either it will become nerfed, or it will become meta, or both. I played it because my Magblade is built like how I used to play in Skyrim, not for end-game content--Just for fun to do decent damage but to use Bow and DW with poisons, and Magicka abilities (Illusion magic), etc.

Law of Julianos, Hunding's Rage, Spriggans Thorns, and Spinner's should all be non-hybrid 5th stat. The 5th stat should be that "push" in one direction or the other. The reasoning is that hyrbid builds should keep up with end-game stuff if someone so chooses, but the chances of them playing both resource pools is slim. The reason we are wanting hybrids is to use sets in a "play as you wish" style as many have advocated for and Zenimax is listening.

I definitely agree that the 2-4 traits should be hybrid in most cases.

Also, on the other notes, I'm loving that there's finally a cap for Critical Damage done, just like an overpenetration (soft-cap), and now it doesn't make weapon/spell power less viable.

Maybe Malacath's Band will get reworked again someday, either set up like Pale Order with decreases in potency the more critical chance you have, or increasing damage taken by the highest % of critical chance you have.
  • PandaSticks
    PandaSticks
    ✭✭
    What are you guys doing over there?! Ugh. I loved this game cause of how the classes and races were so different. Now, it's like they will all be basically the same and stam will still be unwanted in endgame stuff.
  • PandaSticks
    PandaSticks
    ✭✭
    And why not just get rid of stam because its obvious the game is geared toward and favors mag characters?🥺. It's like here, you wanna be stam..go ahead but you will never be able to complete all the content because we hate stam.

Sincerely,
    A salty, dark elf stamblade.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like here, you wanna be stam..go ahead but you will never be able to complete all the content because we hate stam.

Sincerely,

And what exactly stops you, are you already done everything and only left a PB and there's no endgame stam groups left on the whole server? Come on.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why not just get rid of stam because its obvious the game is geared toward and favors mag characters?🥺. It's like here, you wanna be stam..go ahead but you will never be able to complete all the content because we hate stam.

There isn't a parity between Stamina and Magicka (yet). Magicka is easier than Stamina, and always has been. This started as a magic-focused game, so not a big surprise.

If you are looking for an easier ride, pick Magicka, and if you want more of a challenge, pick Stamina. Both will be able to participate in and clear all content with all classes and all races, it is just a question of whether the player is able to (or wants to) do it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • PandaSticks
    PandaSticks
    ✭✭
    It's like here, you wanna be stam..go ahead but you will never be able to complete all the content because we hate stam.

Sincerely,

And what exactly stops you, are you already done everything and only left a PB and there's no endgame stam groups left on the whole server? Come on.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?? 😂🤦🏽‍♀️
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,

Heard more stamblade complaints than sarcasm on forums, it's a second nature to roll eyes even further every time, can't help it.
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

There isn't a parity between Stamina and Magicka (yet). Magicka is easier than Stamina, and always has been. This started as a magic-focused game, so not a big surprise.

If you are looking for an easier ride, pick Magicka, and if you want more of a challenge, pick Stamina. Both will be able to participate in and clear all content with all classes and all races, it is just a question of whether the player is able to (or wants to) do it.

For a long time I played stamb dw, then I gave up and changed to a magb. It was like dropping the knife and getting a machine gun. That is the difference between magica and stamina; range.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    so now every set in battlegrounds is dark convergence 😂 did you guys set it to death match only to collect data on how to Nerf the set?

Honestly why don’t you make it by weight of armor for the pull of how far you get into into the center of the convergence ball?
    Edited by moleculardrugs on 25 September 2021 09:05
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so now every set in battlegrounds is dark convergence 😂 did you guys set it to death match only to collect data on how to Nerf the set?

Honestly why don’t you make it by weight of armor for the pull of how far you get into into the center of the convergence ball?

Like they just don't punish light armour wearers in PvP QUITE enough.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

To be fair, heavier masses have more attraction force, thus heavy armor users should be pulled in the furthest ;)
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    renne wrote: »

To be fair, heavier masses have more attraction force, thus heavy armor users should be pulled in the furthest ;)

Yes, that’s what I meant. Lighter people get pulled with less strength versus people who are heavier. I like the new set because it demolishes ball groups but some ball groups will wear nothing but that set and then you’ll have to fight 4-5 DC balls at once. I think maybe to fix that they should make it so that once DC procs in one area, that area itself cannot support another DC proc. Like 8 meter radius difference or something
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please move major Sorcery and Brutality from Drain Power to Siphoning Strikes.
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys doing over there?! Ugh. I loved this game cause of how the classes and races were so different. Now, it's like they will all be basically the same and stam will still be unwanted in endgame stuff.

Me: "I play ESO"
    Them: "Oh that game where everyone is a Sorcerer with pets to do all the fighting and they push two keys?"

I like melee. I want to play how I want but ZOS is forcing me into magika. My damage numbers will NEVER reach ranged magika number. I die because I have to be close and ONE swipe and I'm dead. Who is going to rez me? Certainly not the magika DPS staying far away from all that icky stuff.

Basically they say "We don't really need you and your cute amount of DPS anyway. Try not to die and inconvenience us. thanks"
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,

Heard more stamblade complaints than sarcasm on forums, it's a second nature to roll eyes even further every time, can't help it.

The Panda speaks the truth. I don't think you play a stamblade. I am literally not wanted. I have been told to not bring a stamblade for harder content.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »

Sincerely,

The Panda speaks the truth. I don't think you play a stamblade. I am literally not wanted. I have been told to not bring a stamblade for harder content.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a stamblade main for years clearing all the HM's and trifectas, only playing forums claiming I'm the one just for giggles 🤔

Difference between stam and mag is insanely low currently, it was like day and night before summerset-elsweyr. If most groups that still not left the game for whatever reason prefer mag doesn't mean that it's that bad. Some mag specs are generally easier, have bit more cleave (already questionable next patch) and bit more survivability but all that is so small nitpicking that matters only for scorepushing strictly which is not what majority of the game is doing.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still confused about what sets can critically strike, can someone explain it to me?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still confused about what sets can critically strike, can someone explain it to me?

If it scales on weapon/spell damage or max magicka/stamina and doesn't scale with number of targets hit.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update 33 combat preview?

AjSsGIv.jpg?1
  • ancientgamedev
    ancientgamedev
    Soul Shriven
    Dark Convergence is the only "all target" set that doesn't have any limits. Other sets (Hex Siphon) limit it to 6 enemies, when it could easily be 30 (Skyreach Catacombs).

My suggestion for DC would be to make the range and damage be proportional to the damage resistance of the bearer. Then, when the DC erupts, the bearer loses all damage resistance for 3 seconds.

Now if the battlefield is filled with DC wearers they will quickly die-off after their first eruption of the DC.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence is the only "all target" set that doesn't have any limits. Other sets (Hex Siphon) limit it to 6 enemies, when it could easily be 30 (Skyreach Catacombs).

And Dark Convergence was originally limited to 6 targets before ZOS buffed the damage and made it hit unlimited targets. And it STILL pulls people off the third floor of keeps and through doors and walls.

Go figure.

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean pve enemies some of them have insane damage and dps checks... nerfind pve damage doesn't work if you don't nerf those enemies.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!