Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pale Order's Golden Band Ring Lead is bugged after you complete the ring.

• aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I just went and got the gold band lead from Nighthollow keep for the second time. I do not believe it was the same paper I got the first time, I thought the first was a scroll and this was a flat ancient text, but it gave me the lead. I am on PC NA.
    Edited by aussie500 on 9 September 2021 06:43
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @aussie500 do you remember if that note was on the same table as the scroll? Because when I went there with other characters I couldn't find anything on that table, even waiting for more than half a hour didn't make anything spawn; meanwhile, other players came and interacted with something on the table, something that I couldn't see.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    It was on a small round table, possibly not the same one? It was a flat note called Ancient text. My character had the completed ring in her inventory, I am lazy at getting the other pieces again, will see what I can do about getting a screenshot of it.
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thank you for the answer.

Have a nice day, goodbye
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Completed the ring on another account(they have better luck getting leads), went back and got the Nighthollow keep lead, this character left her ring in the bank, she could still pick up the lead, I would think they have only recently fixed this, so might be an idea for those that need it to try and get the lead now. It was definitely in the same place as the first time.

x5fc6te8evzd.jpg
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    still bugged for me
    seems to be no follow up
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged for me too.

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you let us know if someone is looking into this?

Plus, I am still missing 40+ leads which disappeared without notice with the latest update.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged, bumping for visibility.
  • YoshShmenge96
    YoshShmenge96
    ✭✭
    Still bugged for me. XBOX\NA
  • herkemur
    herkemur
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged. NA PC.
    Can see others coming and taking the Ancient Text.
    I see nothing after hours of waiting.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, more than a year and still bugged. What a joke. 🤣
  • dvcod
    dvcod
    ✭✭✭
    No Comment from Zos since April 12th !! Either that means they think it is fixed ( which shows they have not read the forum ) or they simply don"t care which seems to be the case. So sad..... It amazes me the things they fix and the things they just don't seem to care about...wow
    ps..on a happier note....have a great holiday season everyone!!
  • Nukluk
    Nukluk
    ✭✭
    I confirmed today that this is still bugged.
    After someone has 3 complete Rings of the Pale Order on their account, the "Golden Ring" scroll is no longer visible on the table in Nighthollow Keep.

Even though someone else could see and loot the open scroll, I was unable to see it.
    I have 3 complete Rings of the Pale Order (2 on different characters, one in the bank). I have all the other pieces to my 4th ring except this piece.

1ak3ek9zlcgy.png
    Edited by Nukluk on 30 January 2022 17:49
  • dvcod
    dvcod
    ✭✭✭
    Zos....Kevin....can we get some kind of response on this. If it were an exploit that benefitted the player it would have been fixed immediately over a year ago. This is beyond unbelievable. Please respond and let us know what in the world is going on....Jim XBOX/NA
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    apparently, its still an issue. I'm on PC/NA and working on my 4th ring, and this won't show up. It's either not there, or there and I can't interact with it.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    FYI this lead still appears to be bugged? It will appear on the table for some ppl but can not be interacted with.

When I arrived there was one other player there who said they'd already been waiting for 10 mins. I told them they could go first if\when it appeared.
    We both also tried stashing our existing rings and logging completely out and back in.
    When they rejoined they could not see the scroll, but now I could.
    I still could not interact with it, the prompt for it does not show. I even stood on it for them but after another 10 mins they decided to give up, me too :)
    I did also verify that I do not currently have the lead.

pwzq8qu6gy3f.png
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on 25 March 2022 19:01
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the ping, @Tenthirty2. Do you know how many times you've tried to complete the lead? Trying to get more info for our teams.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for the ping, @Tenthirty2. Do you know how many times you've tried to complete the lead? Trying to get more info for our teams.

Hi Kevin, TY for the reply!
    I have successfully gotten it 3 other times, most recent was last Nov-Dec maybe?
    So this would be my fourth attempt to get the RotPO mythic (And the lead of course)

I tried to get it previous to today about 1-2 weeks ago? I do know it was before U33 launched.
    I had the same experience then actually. I showed up, did not see the lead and waited maybe 10 minutes.
    Then logged off and back on, the scroll for the lead then appeared but I couldn't get a prompt to interact with it.
    Going to try again tonight in about 30 mins actually, I'll update quick to let you know how that goes.

@ZOS_Kevin Yup, same thing.
    This time I stashed my current RotPO mythic in my bank before I even entered the zone.
    Used the Rimmen wayshrine to get to Arkthazand Cavern and then ran to Nighthollow Keep.
    No scroll on the table, waited about 5-6 mins.
    quit the game, logged back in.
    Scroll now showing on the table but I get no prompt to interact.
    I hung out for a few mins and another player showed up.
    I saw them do the grasping motion and then the scroll disappeared.

started this all at 8:54pm EST if that helps.

I'm adding the pic below to show I do not have the lead.
    The default pics for the mythic pieces are always hard to see, but it shows I do not have the lead for the Pale Order's Golden Band.
    Also the tool tip window to the left shows the lead in red text (not acquired) as well.

ultaiwa4jz4s.png

EDIT 2:
    @ZOS_Kevin
    OK, so yesterday I went out and got the other 2 remaining leads successfully.
    The Pale Order's Golden Band is now the last piece I need.
    I tried to get the lead scroll again tonight. I got to the table, empty (for me) as usual. A minute later another player shows up, I see them do the grasping motion at the table, grabbing the lead that I can't even SEE now?? What the heck?
    I quit the game, log back in and again now I see the scroll sitting there, but I can't interact.
    To say this is frustrating is a huge understatement :(
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on 28 March 2022 03:59
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    I have been checking for that lead every update or patch for over a year
  • WinterBelle08
    WinterBelle08
    ✭✭
    That lead is still bugged as of today. This is my first time trying to get The Pale Order Ring, and I cannot finish it because of the lead not having an option to pick it up. That lead is the last part I need to get the ring.
  • dvcod
    dvcod
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin....I dont understand why the team needs more time to research this. This has been an ongoing issue for ages and has not been addressed. If the team needs more time to research it that means this issue has been ignored for almost two years. Wow....totally unacceptable....what a mess and as of today it still is not there, We are owed an answer and not in another year....sorry for the rant...but something needs to be done....
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    still bugged
    quite annoyed
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    another month without a response from "the team"
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    needs over a year and a half of research?
  • eonsoftime
    eonsoftime
    Soul Shriven
    Still bugged. The four other leads dropped just fine but not this one.
    They should just let it drop from the mobs in there instead of that stupid scroll on the table.
  • eonsoftime
    eonsoftime
    Soul Shriven
    Yay!! Another month gone by and still nothing from ZOS.
    I guess they must have built the entire game around the mechanics of how this lead spawns and that's why it takes them so long to fix this.
    Otherwise you'd think they'd be able to fix this or inform us why this particular lead is different from the others.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Searched for threads on this.

Still not fixed.

I have three Rings of the Pale Order (okay, so I have all three of the factoids for this particular lead), and four out of the five leads for a fourth Ring of the Pale Order. The lead in Nighthollow Keep is the last one that I need.

The scroll is not visible on the table. The table is empty.

It's not as if anyone else is coming here to take the scroll (and deny it to other players such as myself) either, because at this time of day, nobody else is here.

I tried logging out and logging in again, but no dice.

I don't know how this lead is *supposed* to spawn. This is the problem with obfuscating things like this: it means players don't know how it's supposed to work, so they don't know for certain whether it's broken. However I would be pretty sure it's broken - I should be able to see the lead.
  • KorvusDarc
    KorvusDarc
    Soul Shriven
    Why is this issue not being fixed?
    Why are ZOS not responding to this thread to let us know they are working on it? Maybe tell us they have read this and understand our frustration?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding, this lead problem seems to stem, correct me if I'm wrong, from people who have already acquired the Ring of the Pale Order previously and are just trying to acquire another one. When honestly, it would be simpler to just use 25 Transmute crystals to replicate the ring at the Brass Fortress. I replicated several Pale Order rings before Oakensoul came out, and now I have several Oakensoul rings to distribute to my alts... all with using Transmute crystals.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    From my understanding, this lead problem seems to stem, correct me if I'm wrong, from people who have already acquired the Ring of the Pale Order previously and are just trying to acquire another one. When honestly, it would be simpler to just use 25 Transmute crystals to replicate the ring at the Brass Fortress. I replicated several Pale Order rings before Oakensoul came out, and now I have several Oakensoul rings to distribute to my alts... all with using Transmute crystals.

That helps people who want the item itself, but it unfortunately doesn’t help the people going for codex entries, which are locked behind the actual leads. Since ZOS provided those codex entries contingent upon acquiring the leads again, they need to ensure the leads are actually acquirable again in game. Otherwise they’ve made that content inaccessible, which is a progress-blocking bug for those trying to get codex entries.