The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Xbox Series X still crashing to Dashboard post patch fixes

Critchfest
Critchfest
✭✭
Just crashed to Dashboard on main character post patch during NPC dialogue on quest. Now can't log into game on that character. if I try I crash right back to Dashboard again. Your crash fixes have not worked.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 13 July 2021 20:43
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting. The Mac client has been notoriously doing the same thing since the Flames of Ambition patch. This is the first I've heard of it on another platform.

Do the crashes have a pattern (ie. happen most often on instance changes) or is it just random?
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • Critchfest
    Critchfest
    ✭✭
    Hi, yes it was instanced but I was not porting in our out, it was during audio quest dialogue as my other crashes to Dashboard have been. The audio started stuttering then game froze and 5 secs later I'm dumped to Dashboard. I was able to log back in a short time later as the server had placed my toon outside the quest instance. There is something going on with Instanced play and audio or quest dialogue possibly. I also noticed in instances some of my ability bar timers don't fire off.
  • ConjuringFire
    ConjuringFire
    ✭✭
    Same thing is happening on the PS5, was walking around Reaper's March and it crashed, ever since I can't login at all as it keeps crashing.

Honestly this is poor, this is a $100+ game that I am also paying a subscription for that I am now essentially locked out of.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Critchfest

Deleting the local save data may help with stopping the crashes when loading your character.
    1. Go to Games.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on

If this doesn't help, we've sent you a forum PM to follow-up further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • watts320
    watts320
    ✭✭✭
    Mine seems to crash when doing the quest 'End of Eternity' in the Reach.
  • watts320
    watts320
    ✭✭✭
    watts320 wrote: »

I am now stuck soon as I load my character, game freezes

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @watts320

We have sent you a forum PM to follow-up on your issue with getting your character loaded into ESO.
    Staff Post
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I crashed so hard last night that even the Xbox said WTH. I was adding points in my champion tree and hit "select" on the control to get out of my menu. It was like it took a screen shot of my champion tree and just froze, and even froze Xbox. Couldn't get back to Xbox home or anything. Ended up having hard reset my Xbox Series X
  • JamesDax3
    JamesDax3
    ✭✭
    watts320 wrote: »

Exact same problem. Game has been crashing ever since I started this quest line.

• JamesDax3
    JamesDax3
    ✭✭
    Game is unplayable. Crashing consistently now while doing the End of Eternity quest in Bthar-Zel.
  • Dunkelblitz
    MoMo_Blend wrote: »
    I crashed so hard last night that even the Xbox said WTH. I was adding points in my champion tree and hit "select" on the control to get out of my menu. It was like it took a screen shot of my champion tree and just froze, and even froze Xbox. Couldn't get back to Xbox home or anything. Ended up having hard reset my Xbox Series X

Same problem on Xbox Series X. It's nearly a 30% chance to get stuck in this champion tree screen, when i try to leave it. Xbox not responsible anymore, only hard reset is working.
    Playing on Xbox PvP with my MagBlade. FTP!!!
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's Goin' On?

This. This is what's going on. It's still going on.

Please make it stop crashing. It is 2021 after all.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Omg, and it's getting worse! First it was random, then it was daily, now today I had two crashes within the last hour. One while I was in the skill tree, and the other just trying to load another character. I don't know what's happening.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are actively investigating the crashing issues players have run into since the last update. An update has been posted here. With multiple threads discussing these crash issues we've decided to close this thread. You can continue discussion in the thread linked below.

Constant crashes on console since enhanced update
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.