The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New update, new crashes

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
With the new update Mac client crashes way more frequently then before (logging onto a character, logging out from a character, porting to new location, and once when was simply riding on horse from in vivec from the impressario to the wayshrine)

new crashlogs:

frequent one, got it 5 times today:
Crashed Thread:        18  Dispatch queue: MoltenVKQueue-0-0-1.0-Dispatch

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000018
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [65951]

Thread 18 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: MoltenVKQueue-0-0-1.0-Dispatch
0   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff727c081d objc_msgSend + 29
1   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver     0x00007fff3368fca5 SamplerStage::bindSamplerToTexture(unsigned char, unsigned char, bool) + 149
2   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver     0x00007fff3368fabd SamplerStage::writeSamplerState() + 545
3   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver     0x00007fff336a0d3e IGRenderStateSamplers::writeIf() + 86
4   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver     0x00007fff33699598 IGAccelRenderCommandEncoder::programPipeline(sPrimitiveData const&) + 3952
5   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver     0x00007fff3369a600 IGAccelRenderCommandEncoder::drawIndexedPrimitives(MTLPrimitiveType, unsigned int, MTLIndexType, MTLIGAccelBuffer*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int) + 514
6   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver     0x00007fff336865b8 -[MTLIGAccelRenderCommandEncoder drawIndexedPrimitives:indexCount:indexType:indexBuffer:indexBufferOffset:instanceCount:baseVertex:baseInstance:] + 418
7   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x00000001058a5df6 MVKCmdDrawIndexed::encode(MVKCommandEncoder*) + 118
8   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x00000001058a6b8b MVKCommandEncoder::encode(MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission*) + 107
9   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x00000001058a6a2c MVKCommandBuffer::execute(MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission*, MVKCommandBufferBatchPosition const&) + 124
10  com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x00000001058bbbbe MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission::execute() + 110
11  com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x00000001058baa0c invocation function for block in MVKQueue::submit(MVKQueueSubmission*) + 28
12  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff7391b6c4 _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 12
13  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff7391c658 _dispatch_client_callout + 8
14  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff73921c44 _dispatch_lane_serial_drain + 597
15  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff739225d6 _dispatch_lane_invoke + 363
16  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff7392bc09 _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 596
17  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff73b76a3d _pthread_wqthread + 290
18  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff73b75b77 start_wqthread + 15

less frequent one, just 2 times today:
Crashed Thread:        4

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [58426]

Thread 4 Crashed:
0   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000010e1d90d7 ZoAStar<Breadcrumb::Node, 4294967295u, 4294967295u>::Cleanup() + 95
1   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000010e1d7b39 ZoAStar<Breadcrumb::Node, 4294967295u, 4294967295u>::FindPath(Breadcrumb::Node*, Breadcrumb::Node*, ZoList<Breadcrumb::Node*>&) + 747
2   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000010e1d781a QuestConditionPathFinder::ExecutePathFind(Breadcrumb::Node*, Breadcrumb::Node*, ZoList<Breadcrumb::Node*>&) const + 80
3   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000010e1d9901 QuestConditionPathFinder::FindBreadcrumbsTask::DoBackgroundThreadWork() + 85
4   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x00000001109789cd ZoTaskQueue::DoBackgroundThreadWork(ZoTaskQueue::TerminateCondition, unsigned int) + 443
5   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000011097975d ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 103
6   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000010dbc392f ZoWorkerThreadUpdater::Run() + 53
7   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x0000000110979e4b ZoThread::ThreadFunc(void*) + 65
8   com.zenimaxonline.eso               0x000000011097a557 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
9   libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff73b7a109 _pthread_start + 148
10  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff73b75b8b thread_start + 15
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 11 April 2023 16:52
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm. Abysmal state of the Mac version. I'm stuck in Vvardefell. Cannot port to Clockwork city even if I bribed God himself.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've had the same issue. It seems to be worse than before with this update. After 6 months of this, I'm starting to think the best solution would be for ZOS to quit advertising the product as working on MacOS.
    Edited by doesurmindglow on 27 August 2021 09:34
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my client, the server is also timing out an awful lot; often on character loads and reload UI. That's an issue that didn't exist before Update 31.

I'm going to submit support tickets for these issues too, I'm just trying to figure out what if any pattern I might experience before I do.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    On my client, the server is also timing out an awful lot; often on character loads and reload UI. That's an issue that didn't exist before Update 31.

I'm going to submit support tickets for these issues too, I'm just trying to figure out what if any pattern I might experience before I do.

While me and several other Mac gamers appreciate your effort, with every update (from what I read) things are getting just worse and worse, to the point it appears this forum doesn't exist for them. They keep writing with every headline "PC/Mac", but there's not a single meaningful update rolled out for the Mac. It appears they are moving away from it, gradually, trying to push Mac users out to buy a Windows computer, LOL!

With Windows rolling out their fancy "new" OS in some time, and Bethesda being acquired by the BSOD company, it only makes things darker for us.

I keep saying that if at least they added the game back to GFN there would be hope. Then they could just focus on their PC Master Race worshippers, save costs developing what they don't want to, and us Mac gamers would also be able to play.

With what they're doing they'll most certainly only upset enough people and motivate them try out something else.

I'm certainly not going back to Windoze because of their game. Not now, not ever.
    Edited by Inoki on 31 August 2021 09:52
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE, @ZOS_SarahF you guys really want to look at this crash and fix it with priority, as currently one of my character (Gab Nerc in PCNA) is ended up stuck and unplayable because of it. (and if it happened once, it may happen with others as well)

The character was in the imperial sewers in the alliance base and every time I tried to leave by the exit door the game crashes with this crash, and after relogin the character still in the sewers base. I managed to queue for a Cyrodiil campaign but now when I try to leave from there to port out at the wayshrine, the games crashes on the wayshrine port, and after relogin the character still in Cyrodiil.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @doesurmindglow

You can post your support ticket numbers in this thread. This will allow us to check on the status and ensure the issue is being looked into.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I have to report that the crashes continue (in fact, they seem slightly worse) in U31. I get them mostly on character logout, sometimes on character login, porting in and out of houses, leaving Imperial City and even just riding through Blackwood.

I opened a new ticket with a new crash log (210902-003264) - this is getting ridiculous now - could we please get some official info on this after the 3rd quarterly update with this problem?
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    @ZOS_BillE, @ZOS_SarahF you guys really want to look at this crash and fix it with priority, as currently one of my character (Gab Nerc in PCNA) is ended up stuck and unplayable because of it. (and if it happened once, it may happen with others as well)

The character was in the imperial sewers in the alliance base and every time I tried to leave by the exit door the game crashes with this crash, and after relogin the character still in the sewers base. I managed to queue for a Cyrodiil campaign but now when I try to leave from there to port out at the wayshrine, the games crashes on the wayshrine port, and after relogin the character still in Cyrodiil.
    Man, this feels so bad, but what's worse is they don't care!

I was once stuck like this on my old Windows PC in a dungeon in Cyrodiil, I opened a support ticket, guess what, only an automated response arrived which solved nothing, leaving me to be stuck for days in a dungeon (ESO+ subscriber here, so kinda one would expect they'd treat you with some sense of priority since you pay on top of what you spent for the base game, but no) and they didn't help me at all.

What worked for me was to die, leave the character on the ground until the death timer expired, which somehow forced the server to move me out of the dungeon, but I'm not sure the same can work for you. Perhaps if you can go to an area where if you die and stay on the ground until the timer expires it will force you out somewhere too, but that's all I can share.

I gave up, am not playing. Not until they fix the game. If they don't, well, they forget how quickly information spreads on the internet.
    Edited by Inoki on 2 September 2021 18:37
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm probably just going to paste the entirety of my old tickets into the new one -- I'd like to skip over all the troubleshooting I've already tried. I've been gone through the whole "disable all addons" dance like 3-4 times now and I'd really like to avoid that non-answer by starting wherever I left off.

There does need to be better communication on this issue. It's now been six months with numerous reports, attempted fixes, and promises that the developers are aware of the problem and working on it. If the developers no long want to support Mac systems that's probably fine but as long as it's advertised for our platform I think there should be some clarity about whether or not the client will return to stability.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've resubmitted the ticket but it didn't give me a ticket number. Here is the submission screen I got instead:

dk31bgl8yi0x.png

I guess if it doesn't eventually show up in my account's support page I'll try again, probably tomorrow.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The earlier attempted ticket didn't go through apparently, so I went ahead and resubmitted. The ticket number is 210903-005527.

I've asked that they reference the ticket prior to the last patch, 210705-007707.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The contents of my crashlog folder for the last week:

92d3kvvc2uzl.png

Edit: and I didn't even try to do much, only getting the event tickets in IC and Wrothgar...
    Edited by vgabor on 4 September 2021 01:27
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah mine looks much the same. To be fair, IC has always been one of the most problematic areas for these crashes. But it's certainly the case the issue has not be resolved at this point. It's hard to say if it's even been improved.

I am exploring the CrossOver porting tool to see if that will work for me, as another forum user suggested it has been a solution. If it doesn't (and potentially if it does), I'll probably need to let my subscription lapse.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably need to let my subscription lapse.
    We shouldn't have to let anything lapse. I got mine for a year, so mine will expire only in April next year, now imagine they don't give a F, and we can't play. I say we should all get a refund.

• Sylvalynn19
    Sylvalynn19
    Soul Shriven
    Did anyone ever get this issue resolved? I've had it for the last 3 weeks and can't seem to find a work around. So far my support ticket hasn't been helpful. Strangely I can play the game from a hard drive on a very old Macbook Air, but not on my MacBook 2019 without crashing as soon I load anyone of my characters.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now over two years old and some information is outdated, we have decided to close the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.