The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[IDEA] World encounter - Provisioning

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
People collect inane amounts of recipes for food and drink, yet the recipes below CP 150 are rarely used.

How about a world encounter where the Player has to:

(for food) feed a hungry pilgrim, feed a fleeing family, supply a party for the newly weds, deliver food rations for the army, etc.
(for drink) slake the thirst of a wanderer, get alcohol for a party, a casual request from a rude NPC, etc.

Let the player have a choice from the common recipes used in daily Provisioning writs and two other recipes not used in writs, one of them being blue.

If the player does not know the recipe, he / she can provide the ingredients for half the gold. Some of us collect ingredients and... that's that. They are used but only for daily writs or master writs.

Now, as for the gold, let it be Recipe Improvement level-dependent:

Recipe Improvement VI: high reward
Recipe Improvement V-IV: average reward
Recipe Improvement III-II: low reward
Recipe Improvement I: very low reward

Table as to how much gold - here.
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about this but I would like to see more variety in writ requests. Maybe even a daily quest that we can do that uses those recipes that are just laying around unused. At this point I just feel like recipe book collector tbh.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a pity that all the lower level foods (and crafting materials) are so underused. Part of that is caused by the rapid leveling this game has from 1-50 and the way alts skip the CP leveling. That makes the game more fun to play but leaves all these recipes feeling pointless.

I too would like to see them used in writs. That would sometimes make writs feel like a challenge not a chore since you'd have to hunt down the recipe.

• Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »
    That would sometimes make writs feel like a challenge not a chore since you'd have to hunt down the recipe.
    A crafting challenge - as tiny or as big as it is, but a challenge NONETHELESS. How about that, ZOS?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I like the idea of variety, and as a world encounter sort of quest i think the original post could be interesting, run across some woman who needs food for an orphanage, get quest, go bake 25 cookies or something. I agree i have certain provisioning items i just unintentionally horde and have stacks of thousands, some use for them just adds some tiny new feature into a great game.
  • Williuss
    Williuss
    I was just thinking about why I am still collecting these low level recipes anyway lol...occasionally I will check my guild's bank for any recipes I don't have (I leave a deposit don't worry lol) just for the sake that I am able to know those green and blue recipes. Eventually the goal is to know all current food and drink recipes. I'm also working on getting all green furnishing recipes too but that will obviously take much much longer.