The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eso could use a build save/load system

Aardappelboom
Aardappelboom
✭✭✭✭
There are those of us who like PVE and like PVP and don't love making alt characters. I am one of those people and it's very clear that your choice of skills, CP and gear is wildly different based on what you want to do in game.

As I see it ZOS makes tons of changes to combat mechanics in tandem with battle spirit which alters a few stats for PV,P, this calls for a build save/load system or a loadout system of sorts where skills, gear and CP can be switched more efficiently.

All these systems come with potential abuse but aside from the challenges such a system brings I was wondering how many of you are in the same situation and what your ideas are on the subject.

Eso could use a build save/load system 43 votes

Yes, I'd love this
88%
Iruil_ESODarrettAdernathBouldercleaveParasaurolophusmickeyxReverbSarannahEasily_Lostfizl101FischblutSylosimikemaconJierdanitRiddariYdrisselleUnified_GamingcolossalvoidsBigmatt2redlink1979 38 votes
No, I use alts for PVE/PVP
9%
GenjiraXLoneStar2911DreamyLuLady_Galadhiel 4 votes
No, it's an unnecessary feature
2%
haploeb14_ESO 1 vote
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    If you're on PC use Alphagear but yes its desperately needed as a default option among other QoL
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    Should be first priority feature for years, yet we somehow just need to rely on add-ons for that. I'd even go further and have full spec changes with attributes etc. also so you basically isn't locked into one role and could switch on the go which will help immensely.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    Should be first priority feature for years, yet we somehow just need to rely on add-ons for that. I'd even go further and have full spec changes with attributes etc. also so you basically isn't locked into one role and could switch on the go which will help immensely.

Agreed, I should have mentioned I'm on console so I don't even have any add-ons to rely on, it's really tedious.

The thing is, even in ZOS's shoes, this thing could work like the outfit system, including tokens and slots. It could make them money, so I wonder why they haven't added it.

Of course, this thing should be free, at least for two sets of skills, attributes, gear and CP.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    It would be great. But I am afraid that it will end up like the in-game timers, a worse version of a great add-on.
  • ibkickin
    ibkickin
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    The CP swap would have to charge gold but yeah, this is a basic MMO feature that I'd LOVE to see in ESO.
    Strength on it's own is directionless, Thirst for battle is helpless, Only when the two join is a mighty warrior born.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    On PC, I have no problem with this since I use Dressingroom. And I can imagine what a nightmare it is on consoles.
    PC/EU
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of the first two answers, really. This is what I use alts for now but I would’ve appreciated loadouts back when I had just one character. I still think it would be a nice feature but I might not use it much.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    Technically what you are asking for is a dual/multi spec kind of thing. And I'd want this, but not due to PvE/PvP. But because of my tanking characters being able to have a DPS spec to easily switch to!

PS: Companions already helped much though.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    PC players have AlphaGear and Dressing Room add-ons. Console players on the other hand...
    So, dual specs included in base game would be the most welcomed change to the game after the Set collection been implemented.
    Make it happen @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno
    200w.gif?cid=82a1493b29ecluofdrd3ccyhw7o6bf1tu01fljcaod5x647u&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for them to add a 'save character appearance' for character creation like FFXIV does! This way I wouldn't have to manually take screenshots of settings so I can have a new character with the same appearance.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    Yes, the game is setup to have this feature with those things called "outfit" slots.

Just tie in that of your current skills and CP to that outfit slot and you have the solution.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love this
    Bigmatt2 wrote: »
    Yes, the game is setup to have this feature with those things called "outfit" slots.

Just tie in that of your current skills and CP to that outfit slot and you have the solution.

Outfit is just appearance though. If I’m healing a trial and need to run Jorvuld’s instead of Hollowfang, no amount of changing or swapping Outfit slots will ever change that gear for me. I’m on PC so I use Alphagear to apply the right gear and skills in each situation, and console players are hosed.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have like a "Other". Since it wasn't available, I voted "No, I use alts" but my true answer is: I don't mind really. I'm used to MMOs having this feature. I simply don't use it. For me, the build (class) is personality of my char. A different build means a different "person", so I create an alt. :)
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA