The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

2 hours for a single oroborous crate is bad, and you should feel bad.

PizzaCat82
PizzaCat82
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Did they forget that 99% of the time these crates are like 4 gems? I mean was it a problem or something?

I don't even like watching myself play for 2 hours straight.

This is ridiculous.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I got 2 crates for my 2 hrs. I watched the first for 1hr and got one crate and that hour went towards my 2 hrs and I got a second crate. Also don't necessarily pay that close of attention if it's not one of my preferred streamers.
  • Andyhunter21
    Andyhunter21
    ✭✭✭
    All you have to do it pull up a tab and put it on the lowest volume then not even watch it. Calm down.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you have to do it pull up a tab and put it on the lowest volume then not even watch it. Calm down.

And I have to dedicate 2 hours of my computer time to that tab being on. Seems excessive, even if you aren't watching it.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its basically an hour per crate. still a lot, but they also want people to watch a variety of streamers, i suppose and it IS only 2 crates for the full week. like many others, i tend to just open a twitch tab, mute it (the tab) and then just let it play on lowest available resolution to save on bandwidth. today I wasn't even AT my pc while twitch was running, was in a different room of the house playing with some paint.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    W*T*F!?

1 hour

2 hour

Like really, he probably wouldn't have any viewers if he wasn't do drops...which is f'n up the Twitch algorithm by forcing people to stay that long.

Normally, I get Crates after 30 minutes & 1 hour....

Man this really bites when they always give poo!

I agree w/ post before mine....
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

And I have to dedicate 2 hours of my computer time to that tab being on. Seems excessive, even if you aren't watching it.

Work computer man. Can't tie it up that long...

I play in AM & WORK during most Drop times....

So I miss more than I get....
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we can earn endeavors, I was surprised they turned drops on at all.
  • Gwahiir
    Gwahiir
    ✭✭✭

Or mute the tab without messing with the volume and it still counts
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO streams on for some background noise while I work anyway, so that works for me
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they forget that 99% of the time these crates are like 4 gems? I mean was it a problem or something?

This is ridiculous.

This is ridiculous.

I always get poisons and potions.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »

This is ridiculous.

This is ridiculous.

I always get poisons and potions.

An average of 4 gems per crate. Very unappetising, but I still do it because after a while, slowly, they do pile up.
    PC-EU
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warframe twitch drops are so much more interesting. 4 per week. 1 per 30 minutes. They change each week and could be a furnishings or glyph or currency.
    ESO twitch drops are 4 shiny crown gems for hours of 😴
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you even waste a minute of your life watching drivel if you're that peeved about it? Never watched any stream because, well, those crates are terrible and even if they were half decent, I still wouldn't waste my life and bandwidth watching that drivel for trash rewards.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, trash :D I had yesterday muted tab, playing game in meantime as always, later I take crates in game and boom - pet for 132 gems.

This is whole week campaign so you have time until 28th june to make this 2 hours - it's not a big deal and it's nice that they put 2 crates, not only one. It look like that it will this way every week until August when whole World Plays ESO event will end. So it's 2 additional crates every week outside normal events and yet, you still complain.

Every crate is 4-6 gems and very little chance for pet or mount, so even without jackpot you can have dozens of gems every month. I bought so many crown crates stuff for free for last 2 years and I never watch streams :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • TechnoDreamVision
    TechnoDreamVision
    ✭✭✭
    I watched and played for the 4 hours; felt sorry for streamer who was on for more than 4 hours.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 hours for all week.
  • ToxicOutrage
    ToxicOutrage
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats the result of nobody willing to watch ESO. Who wouldve thought that killing the only stream-friendly activity (PVP) with lags,desyncs you name it and completely not doing any investments into it, would result in a supposedly one of the biggest mmos getting what 1000 simultaneous users without crate drops? Thats why they are desperate to increase crate timers. Too bad they cant seem to get this band aid wont fix their poor viewership. They actually need to make pvp better, which will of course not happen. To consider this as a blessing, 5 hour crates are not that far

The only people breaking 1k viewers are either:
    1. Partnered streamers during the drop events.
    2. Those abusing the embedded streams. (soft-botting)

Very sad state of the game
    Edited by ToxicOutrage on 24 June 2021 11:25
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    UGH, collected mine today after PS5 updated....

175 Poison Potions

2 Mimic Stones

Woot, Woot, NOT, what a waste of my time....

Thanks for nothing!!
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find eso streams particularly fun to watch. I do enjoy build YouTube videos though.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one gave up on twitch long ago, when it became numbingly painful to watch plus you need all those requirements (keep sound/tab/chat box whatever on!) otherwise there’s no drop.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you even waste a minute of your life watching drivel if you're that peeved about it? Never watched any stream because, well, those crates are terrible and even if they were half decent, I still wouldn't waste my life and bandwidth watching that drivel for trash rewards.

Spot on.

These sorts of threads bemuse me, because they always come across as if the activity being complained about was in some way compulsory.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Spot on.

These sorts of threads bemuse me, because they always come across as if the activity being complained about was in some way compulsory.

It is, if you want "FREE" boxes.

I don't P2P...

Yet I would like "things" from them boxes if I'd ever get lucky....

That's why we suck it up....

It's the only free we have....

Don't say in game.

On a good day I MAY get a 4 hour game session, and being new I'm still leveling. No time for "specific" tasks...

Spend the rest of my time @ work. Stream can run while I do things and get those crates.....

Toodles!
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as an fyi you can totally mute the stream and it doesn't have to be the active tab for it to work.
    Just don't use the chrome extension called "alternate twitch viewer" or your viewed time won't go up.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Spot on.

Oroborous crates are a good idea to get people watching streams they might not actually watch.

Having to watch 2 hours of it for 2 crates (My bad my second one didn't drop until I added an extra 30 minutes because twitch is wonky) leads people to get bored and puts off a lot of people out of having to dedicate at least computer time, internet time, and some of their attention to it. I don't play on PC so that's an extra thing I've got to check on to make sure its still running.

Like I'm wondering if some of you get the point of this post.
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Do we only get one drop this week?
    Master Angler
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we only get one drop this week?

I think it's 2 a week (have to have on for 2 hours) until mid August.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No crate is worth two hours of your precious time. That's two hours of your life you will never get back, and you were left feeling cheated.

Free is a four letter word.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come back to me when it's 6 hours that I do regularly for Overwatch. 2 hours is ez by comparison. Just leave something running.