The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

QUESTS ARE JUST TOO EASY!

Reepley
Reepley
✭✭
There is no other game around such an easy storyline. Everytime a chapter comes up you just kill anyone like moises opening the red sea. Now with companions it's even more ridiculous. A boss fight takes 1.5 minutes. It´s absolutely a turn off. In SWTOR for example, any froup of mobs takes longer to kill than a boss in this game. Farming gear just for trials it's not the way to keep you in a game. Please level up difficulty
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reepley wrote: »
    There is no other game around such an easy storyline. Everytime a chapter comes up you just kill anyone like moises opening the red sea. Now with companions it's even more ridiculous. A boss fight takes 1.5 minutes. It´s absolutely a turn off. In SWTOR for example, any froup of mobs takes longer to kill than a boss in this game. Farming gear just for trials it's not the way to keep you in a game. Please level up difficulty

Interestingly, that is exactly why I gave up on SWTOR. Got fed up with having the worst lightsaber ever built. ;-/
  • kmontywrwb17_ESO
    kmontywrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That ship has sailed my friend. ESO long ago went the easy route, and focuses on narrative more than combat. The community here as a rule like the game the way it is, and complain loudly if anything is too difficult or takes too much time. And fair enough, IMO. The pace of ESO is different to most other MMOs in that regard.

If you want difficulty and challenge in the core game, you are in the wrong MMO.
    Edited by kmontywrwb17_ESO on 23 June 2021 00:19
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other threads on this topic will show you are fighting a real uphill battle here. Turns out some players like the stories and think more difficulty would just be a hindrance in getting to the next part of the story. Others don't want extended battles with mobs while they are out farming for crafting supplies. Still others think there is plenty of hard content in the game and overland is an easy way to relax as a break from the harder stuff.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's down to personal taste really.
    Some like the slower combat like in FFXIV, (a game I play so I pick that as an example) where a mob of enemies can take a minute or two depending on the DPS and a boss fight can take up to 5 minutes (normal dungeon run).

And then we have those that like a more faster paced combat, which is where I would put ESO under.
    Personally I enjoy both depending on the current mood. If I wanna just kick back and relax I roll some FFXIV.
    But if I feel the need for speed I roll up some ESO.

And I do enjoy the feeling when leveling up and getting a stronger build in ESO and really see and feel the difference in ones own strength.
    Where in "slower games" better gear do make a difference, but it's not as noticable and I rarely care to grind end-game BiS stuff since I don't need it for what I am doing.
    Edited by PrinceDamien on 23 June 2021 00:23
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Your opinion.

I feel they are just right.

Also, "MOST" players are not "NOOBS". They are Vets speed running through for EXP/CP as fast as they can. Every hear of the "guide" to Lv50 in less than 8 hours, and if you follow it, grinding hard, max CP in less than a week?

Neither have I, though I know it's out there.

I've been playing for 11 days now, and in my total time questing, I've seen exactly, counting on ONE HAND minus your thumb, people doing the same quest.

To each his own though.

Again, it's just perfect for me, and I'm not a slouch to gaming, I'm just a casual who does this & streams it on YT to kill time/aka a hobby.

Toodles!
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys take turns in making these posts? This is a casual game aimed at all levels of player skill. If you want challenge, there's plenty of optional solo and group content that offers it.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect normal quests to be easy. I want an option that will skip NPC monologues.
  • hcbigdogdoghc
    hcbigdogdoghc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is literally a visual novel with YA fanfiction quality writing now, and I don't think it's going to be any different sadly
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Do you guys take turns in making these posts? This is a casual game aimed at all levels of player skill. If you want challenge, there's plenty of optional solo and group content that offers it.

Indeed. You want real challange? Try to solo vAA!! ;-)
  • Reepley
    Reepley
    ✭✭
    A lot of well placed opinions.
    My point was not to make ESO a non relaxed game. I also need that. I´m a father of two yong kids ffs :)
    And I do know tha you have challenging content in this game.
    But doing 30 hours of a chapter to reach a boss a burning him down in seconds really seems not proportional.
    BTW I love the story line, but I also love the rotation on a character.
    And in this game I can't even finish a complete rotation on questing. That´s my point
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No joke.. This exact topic show up at least once a week for years. ZoS is not going to change it. Adapt, or play something else.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was not to make ESO a non relaxed game. I also need that. I´m a father of two yong kids ffs :)
    But doing 30 hours of a chapter to reach a boss a burning him down in seconds really seems not proportional.
    And in this game I can't even finish a complete rotation on questing. That´s my point

I see your point, and from a certain point of view I can sort of agree. However, the problem is that ESO is not a scaled world. There are literal newbies starting with the same zone, and making their first storyline superhard just won't work. Everything in non-raid/new dungs PvE is made to be easy enough for the new to be able to do it. This, of course, makes it hard to make content that is more challenging to experienced players.

Since every new area is automatially a beginner area, this will always be the case, for good or ill.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To this end it would be nice if we could select a difficulty level on the instanced battles. No extra rewards for doing it harder just a better fight. Overland and other content that isn't instanced probably best to leave alone at this point.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Interestingly, that is exactly why I gave up on SWTOR. Got fed up with having the worst lightsaber ever built. ;-/

I am much the same, got sick and tired of the stupidly large health bars bosses had over there especially in flashpoints you needed to progress the story, which are instanced like the base game main story quests over here(but are closer in difficulty to soloing normal dungeons in ESO), if you lose connection that long slog you were nearly over puts you right back to the start.

I wasn't the only one they got plenty of backlash on quite a few of them especially that A TRAITOR AMONG THE CHISS one and had to tone things down.

Longer harder fights are all well and good but if its just a case of them having more hit points and doing more damage without making the combat itself fun I lose interest and move on.

If you want harder content play the solo arena's or join the group Vet content.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I refuse to do any overland or questing content. I refuse to touch the storyline in Blackwood, I don't do zone quests, never even finished the faction storylines. The questing in this game is just so boring it's tedious. I can't bring myself to do something so mindless.

I may want relaxation, but I also want stimulation. Questing in this game is the furthest thing from stimulation.
  • Reepley
    Reepley
    ✭✭
    This is exactly why I refuse to do any overland or questing content. I refuse to touch the storyline in Blackwood, I don't do zone quests, never even finished the faction storylines. The questing in this game is just so boring it's tedious. I can't bring myself to do something so mindless.

I may want relaxation, but I also want stimulation. Questing in this game is the furthest thing from stimulation.

Thank you!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst is when you have to investigate a room for clues and the pointers are over the three things you need to look at.
  • Reepley
    Reepley
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

I am much the same, got sick and tired of the stupidly large health bars bosses had over there especially in flashpoints you needed to progress the story, which are instanced like the base game main story quests over here(but are closer in difficulty to soloing normal dungeons in ESO), if you lose connection that long slog you were nearly over puts you right back to the start.

I wasn't the only one they got plenty of backlash on quite a few of them especially that A TRAITOR AMONG THE CHISS one and had to tone things down.

Longer harder fights are all well and good but if its just a case of them having more hit points and doing more damage without making the combat itself fun I lose interest and move on.

Doing "Traitor among the Chiss" and failing, making you want to get some gear and maybe google some tactics wasn´'t pleasant? It wasn´t that hard. I't just wasn't THAT EASY. and you still had 2 difficult levels to choose.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stat stick. They remind me of the glow batons from futurama XD
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    The worst is when you have to investigate a room for clues and the pointers are over the three things you need to look at.

Blues clues?
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No joke.. This exact topic show up at least once a week for years. ZoS is not going to change it. Adapt, or play something else.

This is totally not true. If you played all dlc you would notice the difficulty increase with each update in one place or another. It’s just still not enough to make overland interesting for players who learned basics and get themselves decent build. For example dlc public dungeons are way harder than base game ones. Recent chapter has more challenging delve bosses as well. So keep these threads coming, maybe at some day there would be more options to enjoy overland for all players not just casuals who like novice difficulty.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »

This is totally not true. If you played all dlc you would notice the difficulty increase with each update in one place or another. It’s just still not enough to make overland interesting for players who learned basics and get themselves decent build. For example dlc public dungeons are way harder than base game ones. Recent chapter has more challenging delve bosses as well. So keep these threads coming, maybe at some day there would be more options to enjoy overland for all players not just casuals who like novice difficulty.

Eh, I haven't found the Blackwood delve bosses to be any harder than most of the previous ones. WBs.... yeah. Without a bunch of other players at them, I can't reliably stay alive, much less kill any of them other than the daedra one whatever it's name is. Not sure why I can manage that one but not others.... but high ping does definitely cause me issues.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am finding the minibosses in general a bit more of a challenge in this chapter, which pleases me.
  • KrazedOmega
    KrazedOmega
    Soul Shriven
    I too wish that questing in the game was more challenging. It doesn't have to be difficult, just scaled a lot better.

Here's an example. I recently finished the main quest line in Glenumbra. The final boss was Angof the Gravesinger. The fight lasted a whole 10 seconds, I barely lost any health and I didn't have to move a step during the fight. It was an absolute joke that the big badass that everyone is terrified of was less of a challenge than a normal Clannfear is.

Overworld questing in this game is even below casual level. It's more like a participation award from some children's event.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solo questing and the overland generally definitely needs a veteran level difficulty. Now that we have companions, maybe we'll get one. Because you're right, the current level of difficulty is just way too easy for experienced players.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the writing was better. Well mainly the quest design part of it. I think they should design them with more player agency involved and dialogue options. As a kind of a newer player since last year I want to relax and enjoy the quests, but I noticed there is repeating format and it gets kind of boring being the fetcher, collector, and delver with no personality. Just end up skipping through like everyone else seems too.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the quests are more like interactive stories. They make them easy on purpose so everyone can enjoy the stories without getting frustrated as ESO and TES in general is well known for it's story telling. Not saying i agree with it. I think quest need to be turned up a couple of notches as they aren't even easy in difficulty, they are more like playing in godmode. There is never a threat of me even needing to pop a potion or cast a heal in combat during stories and no chance of dying. I am never in danger during quests.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the epic battle music just begins playing but the main boss is already dead
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your point, and from a certain point of view I can sort of agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSOBeD1GC_Y
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

Doing "Traitor among the Chiss" and failing, making you want to get some gear and maybe google some tactics wasn´'t pleasant? It wasn´t that hard. I't just wasn't THAT EASY. and you still had 2 difficult levels to choose.

I completed it just fine just took a long time when it released and was not enjoyable, especially on alt classes I did not play as much. The only time I had to restart it was when I lost connection and had to go again from the very beginning, which can happen in any flashpoint but is more annoying in ones with more drawn out fights.
This discussion has been closed.