Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would your character romance the companions?

• vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Must be the hair
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you born in the late 70-ies, early 80-ies perhaps? ;-)

No, and I am afraid I am missing the connection.

Well, looking at that NPC... look for old 80's synth-pop bands and you'll get what I mean. :-D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you born in the late 70-ies, early 80-ies perhaps? ;-)

No, and I am afraid I am missing the connection.

Well, looking at that NPC... look for old 80's synth-pop bands and you'll get what I mean. :-D

Synth-pop is not my thing, so I'll take your word for it.
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 June 2021 22:39
    PCNA
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vallisas wrote: »
    ^ Must be the hair

I must admit, Rian's hair IS quite fabulous. He must use L'Oreal. :)
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they would allow for this, once all have been released.

This being, as a SOLO player, whom plays so "early" in the AM, rarely is anyone on that I'd be able to "MARRY" for the Exp Bonus that is given.

And once I get far enough to earn my companion, I'd like "said" bonus.

So, Yes, I'd do it, BUT, I need to see what other companions are forthcoming before I commit to such an "act".
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This being, as a SOLO player, whom plays so "early" in the AM, rarely is anyone on that I'd be able to "MARRY" for the Exp Bonus that is given.

So, Yes, I'd do it, BUT, I need to see what other companions are forthcoming before I commit to such an "act".

Why is everyone so monogamous? Go poly and have several romances! ;-)
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, what is even the point of companions if you don't?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

Why is everyone so monogamous? Go poly and have several romances! ;-)

Reason being, the way I play currently, ie. I steal shiiit alot, and I abuse Blade of Woe, which both of the current compainion HATE w/ a passion. So I won't be getting them anytime soon.

I'm waiting on companion releases that allow for complete "stealth, stealy, killy, gank" you behavior w/o repercussions.

Then I want to "marry" them for the Exp Bonus...
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    ^ Must be the hair

Don't make fun of my lover. :neutral:
    PCNA
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Must be the hair

Sorry. :|

His hair really is nice, that wasn't a lie from me. I like that style.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Must be the hair

Sorry. :|

His hair really is nice, that wasn't a lie from me. I like that style.

I like it too, but then I've always been drawn to long haired guys. :smiley:
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 June 2021 23:11
    PCNA
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't need it at all.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Total opposite for me. Thor became instantly more hot when he lost the hair lol
    ae1b35b824a6eefc62a4271e1dc289d9.gif
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a couple characters where romances would make sense for them, but not with Bastian or Mirri
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rian looks like Ivan Doroschuk from Men Without Hats.
  • YouLostToAGirl
    No but I would love it if they added the option to put a helmet on them... or a paper bag... or the ability to customize their faces and make them look better ;)
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    People say no, but everyone will end up doing it anyway, watch. If you were to read these boards you'd think half of the population hates companions, but then you go on the reddit, and then you go in game and you can't even find people not running with companions anymore out in the world mostly dressed in skimpy outfits, bastian too lmao
    Edited by vallisas on 23 June 2021 03:52
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if they could wear a helmet or mask :)
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a companion like Captain Rian Liore. I could definitely get romantic with this. ;)

pgawnvpjdni9.jpg

He is handsome but how come all Imperial males have the same nose shape? Abner, Bastie, Nicolas, Prefect Calo and SilverBride’s boyfriend ;)
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rabid64 wrote: »
    have u seen what bastian looks like? i really want that...

Mario without his Mustache?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a companion like Captain Rian Liore. I could definitely get romantic with this. ;)

pgawnvpjdni9.jpg

He is handsome but how come all Imperial males have the same nose shape? Abner, Bastie, Nicolas, Prefect Calo and SilverBride’s boyfriend ;)

Inbreeding?
    PCNA
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other" for me.

It's a no for myself, because am not enough into role playing to go into a romance with a NPC.
    However, if it's fun for others, I have nothing against that, so yes to the feature if it ever comes.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

pgawnvpjdni9.jpg

Inbreeding?

Or Abner Tharn being, um, very busy with activities!
    Edited by SammyKhajit on 23 June 2021 06:53
  • Dropstitch
    Dropstitch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Dropstitch wrote: »
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    I do like how most people answer this like you asked if they personally have emotions for one of them. "How awkward, I like real life gurls!!!"
    Ew. Who said anything about gurls?

lol, sorry, "How awkward, I like real life gurls/bois/NBs!!!"

A few issues there: -

1) the question was worded "would you be interested in a romantic relationship with either of them?"
    2) I only actually saw one person respond as you suggested with any degree of seriousness.
    3) the main character is an audience surrogate.

I interpreted it as "would your characters be interested in a romantic relationship" simply on the basis that it would make no sense at all to ask if the real person playing the game would want a relationship with a fictional character inside it.

Also while I agree that the player character can be an audience surrogate (which is probably why they never speak) they don't have to be. Otherwise we'd probably be limited to playing humans to make sure we all make a character who looks like us. None of my characters are me, either as I am or as I'd like to be. Otherwise they would never kill anyone and would spend their time doing something quite different, probably running a shop or a stable somewhere.

The character IS an audience surrogate in the most perfect form (ZOS have not given it any characteristics at all). You may imprint something different on the blank canvas, but it does not change the design.

But this raises the question, if people are creating rounded characters from the mannequin they run around in, why not also roleplay a romance with their companion. Why do they need a few lines of shallow dialogue from ZOS to enable it?
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dropstitch it would be amazing if AI and game program design allows for a more organic process as you mentioned, where the dialogue emerges from interactions rather than deus ex machina mode which is currently offered.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but only to see what happens. In general, neither of them feel very romancible... They seem more like the friends only type.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyreal1974 wrote: »
    Only if they could wear a helmet or mask :)

Wearing a mask while the player’s character is having a tête-à-tête with them? :p
    Edited by SammyKhajit on 23 June 2021 09:07
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the comments in this topic are reminding me of this:

ao1pb7ysy5h51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1fb8e7a744f733bfddfc06cd268ca2b0cbb2f3e7
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main character hasn't started Blackwood yet, so I'm going partly on speculation, but realistically it's a no for her since she's already in love with someone.

I am planning on including Bastian in the headcanon, and given the possibilities for interesting dynamics between them I'd have to see what develops, but at most it would be a temptation that she probably wouldn't act on given her devotion to her main man.

Mirri already wouldn't qualify since Ilsabet isn't into women, but they'd get along really well as adventuring buddies.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought in game romances were kind of silly, and super creepy when they started doing scenes in games. I remember "Treasures of the savage frontier" the first game that had a romance option... in an 8-bit artwork and cool music. I thought it was cool, I was a kid and a hot woman "loved me". Then I met real girls and realized it's was a trap!