The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much time do you spend in ESO daily and are you satisfied with your experience?

• ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre lockdown I was at an hour or two per weekday and 5 to 6 hours per weekend day. Now that I'm working from home I play in my downtime so I get in more time but the amount varies. Suffice it to say I'm at over 10k hours since I started in 2017. If I was doing all of this and not enjoying it I would have put myself in therapy already.

I do writs, quests, grab skyshards, gather mats, mess around with outfits, find cool places to take screenshots, help people on zone chat, get into lore arguments, sometimes run a dungeon. I have an ever rotating cast of alts who are constantly being created and destroyed so there's always something to do. I don't care if it's things I've done already, that doesn't diminish my enjoyment. Lately I've been levelling rapport across a bunch of my alts (so many guild quests) and trying to farm Scaly Cloth Scraps from Silent Halls, but that last one is like visiting the dentist on repeat.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30-40 minutes on weekdays and a bit more on weekends. Khajit does a random assortment of activities to keep amused. Recently converted the oldest / first character from stamina NB to magicka one, and really enjoying it.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on 21 June 2021 17:22
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spend about 2-3 hours a day at the minimum. I'm likely spending that time in Imperial City.

5e1ofu.jpg
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too long & no not really. I feel I absolutely need to do these dailies just to keep up with other players that I'm already lagging behind & I little time I spend trying to improve my characters just doesnt feel worth it. The progress in late game just doesnt feel rewarding. Finally when I do try to just do whatever & enjoy my playing I'm just burned out from the dailies & usual grind.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do enjoy it, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.

IKR. I see a lot of complaints in the forum but figure they must just be having a bad day. If you're playing there must be something that is keeping you satisfied with the game.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    3+ hours a day and of course it's satisfying.

Why on earth would I spend so much time doing something unrewarding?

Judging by the amount of complains on forum many people play ESO despite not liking it.

It is like every complains in any service there is always 5 times more complains than good review
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    2 - 3 hours on my 'work' days grinding quests/zones as I'm still a noob.

Days off, if wife doesn't through a hissy fit, I'll play as much as I can...

Been playing 9 days, and I'm still in Auridon....

ROFL!

Can we say Casual??!!
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    It is like every complains in any service there is always 5 times more complains than good review
    So overall players like the game, but there are a lot of unresolved problems?
  • JB_den
    JB_den
    ✭✭✭
    I never got into writs, rest of the daily grind seems ok.

PvP servers need to be upgraded or something to fix all the lag issues that are once a day at least.

Rest is okay.
  • BlackMowgli
    BlackMowgli
    ✭✭
    I spend normally 1 hour every day in Tamriel doing random activities. I generate with my own script 5 random activities. On weekends I do additional activities with guilds.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am playing a lot till TES:EK II(An elder scrolls mod for CKIII) releases. I might again return before TES VI.
    It varies from person to person ofc but for me it is a stepping stone for something greater and for some it is the destination.
    I return to this game when I am hyped about a TES game or mod release.
    The game for me is like a Tamriel Disneyland.It is a fun theme park and only way to experience whole of Tamriel non procedural generated and in the third person camera.
    I return to it have fun and then leave.
    Edited by RupzSkooma on 22 June 2021 12:11
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of running around in circles and talking on discord as we wait for Cyrodill queue procs after 8pm, I play for a short while and then it lags like crazy..I log off and come back much later and everyone has gone.

A general evening of gameplay in a groupped team (pve raids, rp, pvp -> if working) for me is about 2-3 hours (+1 if things are working well).

(PC EU)
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on 22 June 2021 12:20
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    So overall players like the game, but there are a lot of unresolved problems?

Yes. A lot of unresolved issues and a lot of issues with the creative foundation of the game, but still enjoyable and people are enjoying the game alongside those issues
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Per day about 2-3 hours. Possibly more depending on the day and my mood. I normally do writs first after logging on for 1-3 characters (again depends on my mood whether they all get done or not). Then I clean up inventory and do some questing, exploration, or maybe just hit up a dungeon to kill stuff. I don't do anything that I don't want to do so every time I play is enjoyable.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-5 hours depending on how I feel. Patch been a big demotivater. I just do WBs or dungeon/trial runs with my guild if they need the help otherwise I just wander a bit and log off.
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the amount of complains on forum many people play ESO despite not liking it.
    I don't dislike the game. I dislike the mechanics behind the game, which seem to be getting worse over time rather than better.

The largest, and frankly best, change for ESO came when it introduced the "One Tamriel" system. Now friends could play together and the world was open.

The Veteran rank system was replaced with a new Champion system. Despite the fact the new system was both soft and hard capped, it worked for the majority of players because the progression allowed us to increase damage as our points are spent.

This new system takes the game backward. Now we're forced to grind for CP and spend levels of points to gain any reward, instead of instant application as the old system.

For those who have 1200+ CP, it's not an issue. Most passives they want are unlocked. For new players or players like myself who haven't been on the game full time, it's a damn struggle.

Imagine waking up one day to see you can harvest materials quickly to now being reduced to a damn new player status, all because a choice had to be made to go "here" instead of "there", and all point totals are identical on each tree.

This is an intentional grind design, and now with Endeavors plaguing the game, it's crystal clear the developers (or rather, the [self censoring since the definition of bashing is unlike anything I've ever witnessed on a forum which means this very sentence can also be called out despite not saying anything bad] are calling the shots.

And they're bad shots, as I no longer find enjoyment playing this game.

I logged in every day last week just to see if I wasn't being too hard on the game, and I stare at an empty map, not wanting to tread what I've already done on another console.

The audience between XBox and PS4 is vastly different. Not bad or good on any measure, just.. different. I feel like players on the PS4 are more about solo experiences while those on XBox are more open to playing together.

Why do I feel this way? Chat. It's more vibrant of people asking to group on the XBox than on PS4. It could just be me, but that's how I see it, though a friend who crossed with me also sees it as well.

The game does support many different ways to play, different styles, and of course, exceptional content to keep many people playing the game if they find it rewarding.

Unfortunately, I no longer find it rewarding to play the game, as I sit and watch aspect after aspect get taken into a deliberate action to try and get people to play everyday rather than adjust the game so those who do aren't punished for it.

This is my tl;dr moment: I feel the game punishes me for logging in, not trying to entice me to try new and different things.

The same, damn boring content is released time and time again. As the game marches toward its goal of Skyrim Online (now with companions!), I feel it pushes me further and further away.

I'm one of the few people on this planet who hates Skryim with a passion as I feel it ruined the ES franchise by black-boxing it for the masses, not to continue its lore.

I played the game literally after playing Oblivion and was shocked about how dumbed-down the game turned.

I want ESO to be more Oblivion in scope than Skyrim, but it appears the majority of the player base disagrees.

The comments of this forum only represent a small audience of the game, but Reddit and in-game chats also support a growing dissatisfaction of the game's direction.

Now with Firor confirming there's no reason for ESO 2.0 in an ever-changing game world, well, that just pretty much settles just where the future of the game is headed.

I don't have to like it despite loving the game.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does /played...

We no longer time spent on eso anymore after x,xxx hours. Let's just say value is definitely there 👀

Is not playing ESO a satisfying experience for you?

Typo sorry meant no longer talk about time spent
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Used to be fun, now it's like work. Don't like much of what is going on ingame now, especially last two chapters. I was hesitant to buy Blackwood but wanted to support game. Nothing about it is good.

Find myself doing crafting dailies and then playing Freecell or Solitare.

Pvp was good for a while but they brought back proc sets and the laggggggggg is terrible.

Used to play maybe 8 hrs a day (I am retired) but now not so much.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe eight hours a day and A LOT of ££s. I was completely satisfied until I found out I could lose everything in an instant. Now I'm completely dissatisfied and haven't spent a penny on the game since finding out.

I spend stupid amounts of cash on this game in order to do my bit to stave off the day when they finally turn the servers off but what's the point when all the time, effort and money I've invested in this game could be wiped out without so much as an apology?

(Sorry, OP, for cross-contamination but you did ask.)

Edited by GenjiraX on 22 June 2021 21:12
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “How much time do you spend in ESO daily and are you satisfied with your experience?”

Too much, and since I utilize the Mac client, no I am not satisfied.
  • AuraoftheAzureSea
    AuraoftheAzureSea
    ✭✭✭
    3+ hours a day and of course it's satisfying.

Why on earth would I spend so much time doing something unrewarding?

You can thank black hat gaming loops for that. Artificial scarcity, fear of missing out, etc. etc. As much as I want to like MMOs and as much as I actually do enjoy making builds and completing difficult dungeons with friends, those underlying game mechanics will always end up pushing me back towards one-time purchase games that aren't designed to keep you playing as long as possible.

ESO was definitely fun at times. Unfortunately, other parts of the game are intentionally designed to keep you wanting to stick around way past your enjoyment expiration date, which is why you see a lot of vocal, dissatisfied players hanging around.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play daily and average one hour at a time. I enjoy ESO as a backup game only, because to me it's an overall mitigated experience, with the negative winning over the positive. Too many little things are a bother to me.

Examples: pvp for nodes/chests farming, for some quests, for stealing, jumping not tuned, swimming snake speed, long loading times, and so on ...
    Edited by DreamyLu on 23 June 2021 06:48
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    Anywhere up to 11 hours a day, especially during events and less on maintenance days with lots of real life breaks and interruptions. I have 17 chars which can be a little overwhelming at times so I alternate days between the girls (XEU) and the boys (XNA). It used be as easy as grabbing the daily reward on one and switching but the endeavours mean I get more involved in the resting side before being able to switch. Also, I’m still getting everyone through the companion quests so I’m doing one alt every day which means my time spend on my two mains is getting shorter! I can’t remember the last time I managed to fit in daily writs or the rapport building guild dailies.

I love questing, housing, gathering resources and just running around the zones admiring the views. I’m enjoying both companions as I play solo and the Undaunted daily has me venturing into public dungeons which I used to avoid as too scary. I think the game is absolutely fantastic and love every minute of it. The only issues I have are that I can’t complete the Markarth Zone because of a Trial and there are leads in group dungeons I can’t get at as my characters are individuals and not builds 😀

Edited to add... I can’t understand why we almost always have more than one home in a city when they can be spread about the map. The inn room for Blackwood could have been in Gideon which is also very pretty and I would have liked one of the Argonian homes or a cottage like the councillors (with a little garden).
    Edited by Kitziboo on 23 June 2021 08:50