The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Endeavor daily already lowered...

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care for them but at least it isn't having to watch other folks play on twitch for a "chance" at a free crate just to get gems.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    +1 nerfing something thats supposed to be a gift to players on the first day means it would "feel" better if it wasn't there at all.

Like the beginning of despicable me.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was partial to 20. It just makes doing the math in my head easier when it comes to trying to figure out how many days it's going to take to get something.

The XP is of no value to me. I can get 5K xp in 10 seconds on trash mobs. I wish it WAS gold. I love gold.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • trem3c
    trem3c
    ✭✭✭
    All ZOS has to say is "seals rewarded will vary from day to day, and from task to task" and that's it. It's not a "nerf" and it's not a "grind". Let's take the drama down a notch, eh?
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trem3c wrote: »
    All ZOS has to say is "seals rewarded will vary from day to day, and from task to task" and that's it. It's not a "nerf" and it's not a "grind". Let's take the drama down a notch, eh?

They've already said it:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59925
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the point entirely. Yes, I got it done easily and quickly just like yesterday, not that I even care about the endeavors. I was referring to the other players who were told 1 thing by ZoS and were (either happily or begrudgingly) on board with that, then the next day delivered something not just different, but coming close to in conflict with their stated goal, plus nerfed.

I really can't understand what are you talking about.
    Today seals are good for every playstyle again and I can't see nothing in conflict with wath ZoS said.
    What are you referring to?

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming that the number of seals of endeavor you can earn will vary depending on the day and activity. We have more details in our preview article from a few months back:
    In addition to other more common items, Endeavors reward a brand-new currency called Seals of Endeavor, with the amounts varying based on the day and challenge level of the Endeavors themselves.
    Hope this clears things up!
    Staff Post
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »
    On the other hand I find it amusing that people rage over pixels. PIXELS. That will be taken away from us with no refund when ZOS decides to close servers. We don't even own those pixels, we rent them for use. They don't exist unless you log in to game.
    This is a buy to play game. Isn't paying for the pixels amusing as well? If you pay for pixels, you can also rage over pixels.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming that the number of seals of endeavor you can earn will vary depending on the day and activity. We have more details in our preview article from a few months back:
    In addition to other more common items, Endeavors reward a brand-new currency called Seals of Endeavor, with the amounts varying based on the day and challenge level of the Endeavors themselves.

Thanks Sarah! I must've completely missed that. Still, I think that is kind of unfair to players who cannot play every day? It's easier to have 1 set amount per day, so people can also expect when they'll be able to afford an item.

What if servers go down on a day where you can get, say, 100 per daily? TOS already dictates you don't have to compensate us for anything. These forums will see no end of bashing, I assure you.
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker

The article also states the following:
    "With the new Seals currency, you can acquire any of the currently available Crown Crate items. This includes any of the crate’s consumables (such as potions or XP scrolls), pets, cosmetics, or even its extremely rare Radiant Apex mounts."

Although the math is being done on a very small sample size (too small, imo, to come to any conclusions with only 2 days and no weeklies so far), a lot of the frustration seems to stem from the fact that players feel they will not be able to purchase the current radiant mounts or other desirable goodies based on the number of seals that can be acquired during a crate season.

It would be great if this could be addressed - simply confirming that they should be able to indeed get any item from the current season with the variability of the seals that are planned, or clarify what this sentence actually means (that no rewards are blocked, but that you may not be able to collect enough seals in a given season for an item - although this is somewhat already covered in the article: "depending on what you want to get, you might need to save up if you wish to acquire an especially rare item").

A simple acknowledgment / clarification of that sort would end some grumbling on the forums, and would most certainly be appreciated.
    Edited by JoDiMageio on 18 June 2021 14:16
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I woke up this morning and saw that the seals number had been reduced from 20 to 15 I was shaking. Not because I was mad but because I it filled me with an existential dread over the thought that my favorite game developer; Zenimax Online Studios, would be criticized on the Forums.

Reading these replies though, wow! What a sigh of relief! I'm so glad the Zenimax Defense Force is out today to do damage control (for free) for Zos. How on earth would this small indie studio, that doesn't have a fortune 500 company backing them, ever be able to compete on the market and fairly earn money off their customers?

I mean after all it's their game and we, the players, are privileged to even be able to play it. Of course I don't mind having to wait a few more weeks for that brightly coloured neon reskin of the Animal Model 04. Good things are worth waiting for, right? I mean I can always just swipe my credit card and pay $50 for it if I don't want to; so what's the big deal?

Just want to give a shout out to the people who defend Zenimax no matter what. I kneel. You're the real heroes.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah-hah! I'm glad they dropped in and cleared this up. I had missed the announcement that went out a couple months ago so posting the link here was very helpful. I had heard much from guild members, but I don't think the variable rewards ever came up.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, the number of seals granted vary from day to day.
    So I wonder if they will be greater than 20 seals each one day.
    Edited by TequilaFire on 18 June 2021 14:26
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if it was going to be high due to the short week, I did not expect Friday to be lower than Thursday. 1000 exp is not equal value to one seal.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    "With the new Seals currency, you can acquire any of the currently available Crown Crate items. This includes any of the crate’s consumables (such as potions or XP scrolls), pets, cosmetics, or even its extremely rare Radiant Apex mounts."

Although the math is being done on a very small sample size (too small, imo, to come to any conclusions with only 2 days and no weeklies so far), a lot of the frustration seems to stem from the fact that players feel they will not be able to purchase the current radiant mounts or other desirable goodies based on the number of seals that can be acquired during a crate season.

I believe that line in the article was to clarify that all crown crate items currently available during the season will also have a price in Seals. That price for Radiant Apexes may be impossible to pay for the first few seasons while people build up seals. But not listing a price for Radiant Apexes or not showing them in the Seals store when this system launched would have caused even more confusion and loud criticism.

It would be great if we can earn enough seals within 3 months to afford a Radiant Apex but that is probably my wishful thinking.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's supposed to vary by challenge level why is clearing a dungeon worth less seals than crafting some blacksmith item or killing a humanoid.

Today was harder than yesterday.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 18 June 2021 14:43
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoDiMageio wrote: »

I interpret this as a general statement of intent going forward. They intend that every item in the Crown Crate season will have a Seal cost. Nothing about that says that a given individual will be able to buy the most expensive item from every season.

Save your Seals.

cucciolo_foca.jpg

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    thegreatme wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I think the meh level of the reward kind of matches the meh level of effort involved in the acquisition which makes me wonder what is the point of all this.

The point is ZOS wanted to be able to sell ESO in countries where loot box gambling is illegal so they made endeavors as a loophole to be able to legally sell ESO in those countries at all.

No, it's an Xbox guideline that lock box items in all Xbox games have to be available through gameplay as well. This is 100% due to the recent acquisition by Microsoft.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/for-everyone/responsible-gaming/loot-boxes

Items in loot boxes can always be earned through play. All items available through paid loot boxes in our games will also be available through unpaid opportunity by gameplay (i.e. grinding).

That guideline is in place because of the recent laws and pressure from law makers in various countries to curtail gambling in video games using IRL currencies. So really your both correct. But also keep in mind that technically ESO could also be exempt from XBOX Game studios games policies for two reasons. First, is that Xbox Game Studios is a separate legal entity just as Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Online Studios are not quite the same. They are all step siblings as it were in the Microsoft family.

The second, is that the policy only says it only applies to games released as of 2019, ESO is older than that and may also be exempted.

All that said, it does appear that ZOS is making an effort to comply with the policy. But really, said policies only really exist in order to avoid legal consequences. The lack of effort vs the hype they tried to put behind demonstrates this. its a bad system that will do little or nothing to curb or address Crown Crate gambling in ESO.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jrod747 wrote: »
    Not including the weeklies, it would have taken 267 days to get a radiant apex mount. If you can only get 45 per day, that clocks out to over a year (356 days) for a Radiant Mount. Xp is nothing can be gained infintely. If ZOS thinks that ANY amount of XP would be worth even 1 seal of Endeavor, they are delusional.

Initially I thought that the Endeavours system was a great idea and would encourage a more active player base, but if this is the kind of malarkey the ESO player base deserves, ZOS clearly has ZERO respect for us players.

How many days are in a year? Lol
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ivelbob wrote: »

I believe that line in the article was to clarify that all crown crate items currently available during the season will also have a price in Seals. That price for Radiant Apexes may be impossible to pay for the first few seasons while people build up seals. But not listing a price for Radiant Apexes or not showing them in the Seals store when this system launched would have caused even more confusion and loud criticism.

It would be great if we can earn enough seals within 3 months to afford a Radiant Apex but that is probably my wishful thinking.
    Elsonso wrote: »

I interpret this as a general statement of intent going forward. They intend that every item in the Crown Crate season will have a Seal cost. Nothing about that says that a given individual will be able to buy the most expensive item from every season.

Save your Seals.

cucciolo_foca.jpg

That was my point - the way it is worded leaves room for interpretation. Clarification on this would thus probably be welcome.

I personally don't care; I think getting seals for things I already do is fine, I don't care for gaudy mounts, and just like I do with crown gems, if I don't have enough for something I want, I'll either buy some crates and hope, or pass and wait for it to come back / accept that I won't have it.

But the amount of unhappy posts on the forums simply leads me to believe that some kind of clarification would at least give people some resolution to their objections (they might not like it, but at least they would have answers). Some communication is better than none, right?
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    It’s cute that any of you thought this system would be rewarding enough to such a degree that you’d be able to earn an apex mount inside of a single crate season.

It’s a business folks. They’re in it to make money. Making it easy to earn mounts like that kind of defeats the purpose.

The silver lining is that these are crate SEASONS we’re talking about.

Which means the Apex mount you want or whatever else will come back around.

Just gotta wait.

Your refusal to wait is what the suits are banking on.

But don’t expect these things to be easily obtainable. Money has more value than endeavors.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    thegreatme wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I think the meh level of the reward kind of matches the meh level of effort involved in the acquisition which makes me wonder what is the point of all this.

The point is ZOS wanted to be able to sell ESO in countries where loot box gambling is illegal so they made endeavors as a loophole to be able to legally sell ESO in those countries at all.

No, it's an Xbox guideline that lock box items in all Xbox games have to be available through gameplay as well. This is 100% due to the recent acquisition by Microsoft.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/for-everyone/responsible-gaming/loot-boxes

Items in loot boxes can always be earned through play. All items available through paid loot boxes in our games will also be available through unpaid opportunity by gameplay (i.e. grinding).

Yep. Sounds like a "feature" added to comply with an Xbox guideline, but implemented in such an unreasonable way as to not de-incentivize the urge to purchase Crown Crates.
  • MrZeeck
    MrZeeck
    ✭✭✭

Why in all the seven hells is information like this not written out IN BIG FAT LETTERS in game on the same page as endeavor challenges? How are we suppose to know that the rewards will vary? Further more, why not have a fixed amount each day, be it 20/25/35 or whatever instead of having it be different each day.

Unnecessary frustration and anger that could've been easily avoided by adding 1-2 lines of text in game.

But the issue still stands that this is all horribly balanced given the cost of items. 15-20 is NOT enough, and either needs to be increased or prices lowered.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    If it's supposed to vary by challenge level why is clearing a dungeon worth less seals than crafting some blacksmith item or killing a humanoid.

Today was harder than yesterday.

I believe there's a saying for this involving selling bridges.

Its not going to vary by challenge level. Its going to vary by whatever ZoS feels like rationing out that day, while we're being told difficulty level was factored in to keep anyone who doesn't care to look deeper than the face-value explanation placated.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    MrZeeck wrote: »

Why in all the seven hells is information like this not written out IN BIG FAT LETTERS in game on the same page as endeavor challenges? How are we suppose to know that the rewards will vary? Further more, why not have a fixed amount each day, be it 20/25/35 or whatever instead of having it be different each day.

Unnecessary frustration and anger that could've been easily avoided by adding 1-2 lines of text in game.

But the issue still stands that this is all horribly balanced given the cost of items. 15-20 is NOT enough, and either needs to be increased or prices lowered.

The point isn’t to give you enough.

You have to reconcile the business element with what Microsoft demands of its studios.

If apex mounts or other goodies are easy to earn….you’re less likely to spend money. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing devil's advocate here. I logged in a few weeks ago and did most of the things on the endeavors list and got nothing but enjoyment out of it. Today (and yesterday) I logged in and got a small reward that can be accumulated to get a larger reward eventually.

The only difference I can see if that I am now getting a small reward for doing what I did a few weeks ago for free.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrZeeck wrote: »
    So it was 20, and now it's down to 15 per daily... What the F is going on? the grind was already crazy enough and now it's even worse. But hey, anything to keep players logging in to the game each day and spend more time, right? >_>

I think the issue is that people had the wrong expectations on what endeavors were going to be. They thought that it would be an easy grind to get crown store items that normally cost whales $400-$500 bucks to buy. They thought it was going to be a free pass to circumvent the price of these items.

But if you look at the dictionary definition of the word "Endeavor", it becomes more clear what they are supposed to be. Long term goals, not short term goal you're supposed to grind out in one weekend. Like 6 months long term. Because if you could grind these out in one weekend, what is the incentive to spend $400-$500 to unlock the item within 20 minutes?

You want it for free? You wait months to get it. You want it now? Then pay up. Your pick.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I woke up this morning and saw that the seals number had been reduced from 20 to 15 I was shaking. Not because I was mad but because I it filled me with an existential dread over the thought that my favorite game developer; Zenimax Online Studios, would be criticized on the Forums.

Reading these replies though, wow! What a sigh of relief! I'm so glad the Zenimax Defense Force is out today to do damage control (for free) for Zos. How on earth would this small indie studio, that doesn't have a fortune 500 company backing them, ever be able to compete on the market and fairly earn money off their customers?

I mean after all it's their game and we, the players, are privileged to even be able to play it. Of course I don't mind having to wait a few more weeks for that brightly coloured neon reskin of the Animal Model 04. Good things are worth waiting for, right? I mean I can always just swipe my credit card and pay $50 for it if I don't want to; so what's the big deal?

Just want to give a shout out to the people who defend Zenimax no matter what. I kneel. You're the real heroes.

Awesome ×1000
    PC-NA
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says in the article that the seal rewards will vary based on the difficulty of the task. Is it possible that there is a bug in what tasks get assigned to a particular day, then? I would think that completing a quest, or especially completing a dungeon, would be in a category that is significantly more difficult than some from yesterday, such as "defeating 10 humanoid enemies" or "Craft 4 Items with the Blacksmithing skill".
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Not very popular opinion from me. Yes, I also think that endeavors have been introduced to circumvent loot box regulations (after all, you can get everything by playing, it's not gambling, it's additionally indicated by endeavors offer content - there is only stuff you can get in crown crates), but until now we had no way to get some things from crown crate except buying them. At the moment you just have to play and bam, in some time you will be able to buy something. As for me it's still a win-win situation, it really could be worse.

I think that opinion is a very popular. Everyone i know agrees with it, we finally get free stuff by just playing just gotta save the new currency and eventually can get even a free Radiant Apex. I know people who has spent 2-3k euro to get such in the past. So yeah, win-win.

Most reasonable people just understand that view and thus has no need to come say it here. Forums is just a special place. People would just get their opinions attacked by others who apparently want a new Radiant Apex for free every month or something.

This system does not take away anything from anyone, but gives free stuff eventually. Cannot get more simple as that in it's core as in giving free stuff for just playing. :)