Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PS5 Console Enhanced Missing Splash/Cinematic Audio Issue

Redphyre
Redphyre
✭✭
Hey everyone, I haven't heard anyone mention this yet so I am posting hoping to get some help or ideas. When I started the PS5 version today on launch day the intro Bethesda and Zenimax logo splashes have no audio like the PS4 version does. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it's completely silent. Then when the cinematic played there was also no audio and the video was flickering and choppy at random parts. I completely uninstalled the game and deleted all save data, then reinstalled it, but the issue was still not resolved. When the blackwood intro screen comes on, the menu music on the login screen plays like normal, and in the game itself, the music and sound effects are all working fine. So I'm wondering if the PS5 version has some issues with the splashes and cinematic because those are the only ones with issues. I would love to hear that I'm not crazy being the only one with this issue lol.
Edited by Redphyre on 15 June 2021 16:15
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Redphyre wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I haven't heard anyone mention this yet so I am posting hoping to get some help or ideas. When I started the PS5 version today on launch day the intro Bethesda and Zenimax logo splashes have no audio like the PS4 version does. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it's completely silent. Then when the cinematic played there was also no audio and the video was flickering and choppy at random parts. I completely uninstalled the game and deleted all save data, then reinstalled it, but the issue was still not resolved. When the blackwood intro screen comes on, the menu music on the login screen plays like normal, and in the game itself, the music and sound effects are all working fine. So I'm wondering if the PS5 version has some issues with the splashes and cinematic because those are the only ones with issues. I would love to hear that I'm not crazy being the only one with this issue lol.

I came here seeing if I was the only one, just fired it up and was going to rewatch the new intro to see it has no audio. Subs are enabled so I can read along but without sounds it’s not the same. I restarted my ps5 hopeful it was something easy to fix but no joy. Also to note if you have performance mode set to default system wide the game seems to default to fidelity regardless.
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    Well there’s comfort in knowing that it is a real issue and it’s not probably an isolated issue. I hope others will notice this as well and make some drive to fix it. Thanks for adding your experience here! I appreciate it.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just coming here to see if it has been reported, quite unfortunate we had this dsy long delay and now there are already issues with it. Why did they delay it a week?
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    Sju wrote: »
    I was just coming here to see if it has been reported, quite unfortunate we had this dsy long delay and now there are already issues with it. Why did they delay it a week?
    They didn’t feel it was ready, and apparently it still isn’t.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we're working on a fix for this to hopefully include in the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Well oddly they fixed the friends list showing players offline so I’ll take it lol. Go figure ps4 users still see me and others offline.
    Edited by RNGeeze on 16 June 2021 02:52
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, we're working on a fix for this to hopefully include in the next incremental patch.

Will we get to watch it again with the fix? It would be really nice to be able to see the cinematic again in lovely enhanced technicolour
    Soupy twist
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Will we get to watch it again with the fix? It would be really nice to be able to see the cinematic again in lovely enhanced technicolour
    When you’re at the character select screen press △ button to go to Options menu and choose “Cinematic.” You will be able to rewatch it from there anytime your heart desires. 😁

Edited by Redphyre on 16 June 2021 12:56
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Redphyre wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

When you’re at the character select screen press △ button to go to Options menu and choose “Cinematic.” You will be able to rewatch it from there anytime your heart desires. 😁

Awsome given for that! I've looked for thatt option a few times and never found it (to be fair I've looked in the menu when I am in a character)
    Soupy twist
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: Looks like this has not been fixed in the most recent incremental patch.
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    This issue has still not been addressed in the most recent incremental patch.
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    Is this still being looked into?
  • Redphyre
    Redphyre
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: This issue has been resolved via the 1.000.003 incremental patch. Thanks, ZOS!
  • Lokisbjorn
    Lokisbjorn
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue on the PC. The started with the patch prior to the most recent one. The Bethesda and Zenimax logo screens do not display, but there is audio...same if I run the cinematics. I wsent and ran WoW, since they are using the same system and the cinematics on WoW work just fine. I am also not haveing any other video problems anywhere else.