The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How is everyone enjoying console enhanced?

kmcaj
kmcaj
✭✭✭✭✭
Worth the wait?
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cries in digital PS5*
    PS4 EU
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten it yet, tho I am planning on it.

I play on PC, but I would like to check out the console enhanced version and see how it is on the new consoles for a possible alternate account.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 hours download remaining....
    Soupy twist
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worth the wait because they still have the HDR issue of oversaturated colors.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • karmamule
    karmamule
    ✭✭✭
    Not worth the wait because they still have the HDR issue of oversaturated colors.

My TV (an LG OLED) has several HDR picture modes. Usually when using my Series X I use the Game mode, but for ESO I use 'technicolor expert' mode and drop the Color setting a few notches to compensate. It's not ideal, but it's a quick toggle to go between that mode when playing ESO and Game mode for my other Series X HDR games.

And I am *loving* having a 60fps option that still has SSGI and high-res textures, draw distance etc. For the laziness factor I've always liked the idea of playing ESO on a console vs my PC, but the graphics have been so inferior that I've stuck with my PC. With this release I think I'll be able to happily play on my Series X as well.
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    karmamule wrote: »

My TV (an LG OLED) has several HDR picture modes. Usually when using my Series X I use the Game mode, but for ESO I use 'technicolor expert' mode and drop the Color setting a few notches to compensate. It's not ideal, but it's a quick toggle to go between that mode when playing ESO and Game mode for my other Series X HDR games.

And I am *loving* having a 60fps option that still has SSGI and high-res textures, draw distance etc. For the laziness factor I've always liked the idea of playing ESO on a console vs my PC, but the graphics have been so inferior that I've stuck with my PC. With this release I think I'll be able to happily play on my Series X as well.

Some textures are great like buildings but npc models don't. A lot of older clothing, outfits are not updated and look bad. I do love performance mode.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is everyone enjoying console enhanced?

ce9a39d25ccc4a7bfc8a9cb35f3a3c31.gif
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny I have an Lg too not an OLED tho but I tried the other mode to offset it but then issue then becomes the frame rate and other issues.

What I’m finding from Reddit is people have had work around …but everyone is affected just some more than others.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/o0ecoo/xbox_series_x_and_xbox_one_x_hdr_is_still/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I’m ok with not using game mode but I shouldn’t have to setup Unique tv modes for only one game. It’s already one mode for HDR and another for non HDR.

At some point I had to decide to step away but knowing ZOS admitted it was an issue long ago I need it to be addressed rather than left as is.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 15 June 2021 16:04
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • GOATGOBAAHH
    GOATGOBAAHH
    ✭✭
    If the enchanter is on your right in mournhold heading down the stairs. Looking at those trees it still looks like lines rather than a tree. I wasn't sure if the update had installed but then I checked the performance mode out. It felt nice but ultimately it feels so lackluster i'm going to reinstall the game again to make sure there weren't any errors where some skins update and others don't.

We all saw the trees in the IGN walk through I'm running a 65inch C9 LG OLED and my trees look absolutely nothing like that on my series x. Hopefully, I reinstall and it looks something like the trailer.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what?

Are these replies exclusively coming from XBOX users or did I miss whatever magical update is required to let digital PS5 users download the new version?

I’m still seeing the YOU CAN’T BUY YHIS PRODUCT RIGHT NOW” message when I attempt to download.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popped in today to see what all the fuss was about. (Yes, there were lots of people in Blackwood)
    It looked very nice to me, and things loaded very fast. I am wondering whether this is going to make it to PC or whether we are saddled with arthritic PCs, still.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on the Xbox one x. What’s the enchanted difference between one x and series x?
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what?

Are these replies exclusively coming from XBOX users or did I miss whatever magical update is required to let digital PS5 users download the new version?

I’m still seeing the YOU CAN’T BUY YHIS PRODUCT RIGHT NOW” message when I attempt to download.

PS5 users who play with disc are fine so plenty of people on playstation to comment on performance still
    PS4 EU
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did that on my LG and got it acceptable again... and then realized the UI stat bars had been dulled down as well!

Maybe next we can get HDR enhanced performance. I have the cheapest HDR/4K TV possible, so I was holding put hope that a mid-level or premium set might have better HDR tech.

I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a quick run through on series X and it looks great, better than what we got on backward compatibility, but in fidelity mode I'm getting input lag I've never had before.

Performance is great and flawless, but I'd like to enjoy fidelity mode as well and right now the input lag is kind of a deal breaker for me to enjoy it.
    Edited by Aardappelboom on 15 June 2021 17:26
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a quick run through on series X and it looks great, better than what we got on backward compatibility, but in fidelity mode I'm getting input lag I've never had before.

Performance is great and flawless, but I'd like to enjoy fidelity mode as well and right now the input lag is kind of a deal breaker for me to enjoy it.

Hmm. I ran out and killed a few things around Leyawiin without any noticeable lag or problems. Although, I am not really sensitive to lag and FPS drops. Has to be significant before it bugs me, plainly noticeable before I notice it. Maybe it was just not enough to bother me.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Hmm. I ran out and killed a few things around Leyawiin without any noticeable lag or problems. Although, I am not really sensitive to lag and FPS drops. Has to be significant before it bugs me, plainly noticeable before I notice it. Maybe it was just not enough to bother me.

Good to know! I found some similar reports on reddit so now I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else. 😅
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popped in today to see what all the fuss was about. (Yes, there were lots of people in Blackwood)
    It looked very nice to me, and things loaded very fast. I am wondering whether this is going to make it to PC or whether we are saddled with arthritic PCs, still.

Next gen consoles are playing catch up, if you have a PC with a GPU that can handle the highest settings and a NVMe SSD you should already have the same experience, if not even a bit better still.
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    I really love that you can switch between both modes on the fly, even in combat. I've tested Lewawiin, Alinor, Belkarth, Wayrest, Vivec City, Rimmen. Gone out and done a few Blackwood delves, lots of great details. Done performance in Alikr dolmens, S. Elyswer dragons, Markarth harrowstorms, Summerset geysers, all gravy. Great performance. Felt great.

There are some NPCs that look janky and super bland when you talk to them. Almost like their outfits are a PS2 second skin. Buildings and lighting look amazing. Haven't tested daylight because for the couple of hours I played it was all night time. I don't really notice the water difference though.

There are small moments where the mount or character will get shimmers of light that don't exist around them at night. Like my Apex blue horse got orange light and there wasn't a bit of orange around to get that reflection.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

Next gen consoles are playing catch up, if you have a PC with a GPU that can handle the highest settings and a NVMe SSD you should already have the same experience, if not even a bit better still.

I am also interested in the faster loading screens. The XBox was so fast loading that I barely had time to get up to grab a snack. On PC, I can run several errands and get my teeth cleaned while I wait. :smile:
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am also interested in the faster loading screens. The XBox was so fast loading that I barely had time to get up to grab a snack. On PC, I can run several errands and get my teeth cleaned while I wait. :smile:

I've noticed a huge difference in loading screens just from the switch to PS5 from the 4 …I cant wait to get home and check out how faster they may be after the enhanced...O.o.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put up a video for us guys, if you can.

Would be nice to see your latest addition in action :)
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on PC and from the sounds of it I now envy xbox players. I heard it is faster loading, no stutters at all in cities and just overall really smooth. And now to wait for someone to read this and be all "let me tell you something bub, you are WRONG", lol 😯
    Edited by Red_Feather on 15 June 2021 19:06
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a pretty beasty gaming PC with a Samsung SSD and loading into Mournhold is 5-6 seconds. I just tested the PS5 enhanced and it's 10 seconds but that's down from 21 when running backwards compatibility from the PS4 version.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a pretty beasty gaming PC with a Samsung SSD and loading into Mournhold is 5-6 seconds. I just tested the PS5 enhanced and it's 10 seconds but that's down from 21 when running backwards compatibility from the PS4 version.

Zone to zone is not a problem on PC. Logging in that first time is what takes forever. It used to feel faster, and I really noticed when I upgraded to an SSD, but lately, it has become slow enough that I forget which character is loading. Hmm. OK. That might be due to age. :smile: More seriously, I have been known to get bored and wander off, only to come back and find myself logged out for inactivity.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »

I've noticed a huge difference in loading screens just from the switch to PS5 from the 4 …I cant wait to get home and check out how faster they may be after the enhanced...O.o.

Yes for sure. I'm back to playing on the PS4 for last couple days and you really notice how long the load times are after getting used to PS5 speed. Also don't have to wait for merchants and bankers to load on PS5. I had forgotten about that. Hopefully you got disc version or you'll still be waiting.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

What sorts of input lag are you getting? Could you provide some examples?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately half the people with the next generation console can't download the update.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Wait, what?

PS5 users who play with disc are fine so plenty of people on playstation to comment on performance still

The PS5 disc upgrade people I've talked to are overall positive about it. I'm ps5 digital so Idk. Going to have to just watch footage for a while.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Not OP but sharing if helpful:

LG OLED C1, Game Mode, default settings.

In fidelity mode, I'm seeing some moderate stuttering (vvardenfell random countryside). Not sure about input lag. Will investigate.

In performance mode, no issues at all, it's wonderful, smooth as butter and seems visually similar to fidelity (to my untrained eye). Not sure what the benefits of fidelity are at this point...

Edited by SHOW on 15 June 2021 19:38