The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

gamebreaking ( no 'E' to use/open dungeon DOOR) bug for *all* or just one?

NeeScrolls
NeeScrolls
✭✭✭✭
Greetings, last night me & my guildmates were running the dungeon on 'Bangkorai' map called 'Unhallowed Dawn' on PC/NA server and somehow the DOOR into the 3rd or 4th regular boss ( aka 'Ondagore the Mad' ) wouldn't allow us to pass, because it didn't have 'E' (use) function for us to OPEN or interact with it. ----> https://i.imgur.com/ST21gmX.jpg

And yes, we tried using the work-a-round method of /reloadui command, but it didn't seem to do anything. We also tried leaving the instance (exiting the dungeon) and re-entering, but that dind't work either. Finally, we even tried 'X' abandon the quest (while still inside) but that didn't help either of course.

Now, i've heard of this type of bug happening in certain 'E' to use/interact situations, whereby players use the common /reloadui method and it fixes itself ...but just in case it might be specific to 'Unhallowed Dawn' sequencing in particular, i figured it couldn't hurt to post here about it.

1 of our group members also filed an in-game CSR report and here's that Ticket # 210407-000457 , in case that helps to check our server-logs @ZOS_Adrikoth ?

Only 1 of us (me) hadn't done this particular dungeon before, and so technically it was "my" quest within. So, it's possible something post-dialog (before this boss fight) didn't get triggered in the code sequence , but i'm not sure how because we moved as a group together (although sometimes they moved ahead of me , thru phase door/pathways ) .

We also did all the *secret* bosses up until that point, as well as clicking & acquiring all those subsequent *bonus buffs*, which ended up running out of timer---> https://i.imgur.com/rlAhY10.jpg

Obviously, it was somewhat of a major letdown since it's such an AMAZING fun dungeon (and long lol ) and then we couldn't proceed anymore to finish what we started. So yeah not much we can do about it other than restart from scratch and hope this same 'door bug' doesn't happen again.

Thanks, regards, @Nee (in-game)
Edited by NeeScrolls on 7 April 2021 22:37
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife had this happen to her with a door going into one of the cantons in vivec city on the first day of the event. She interacted with the door and nothing happened and the "E" to open was gone. She tried to reloadui and that didn't work so she just logged out for a few hours. When she logged back on later she played a different character for a while and then swapped to that one and it was fixed. I don't know what fixed it though.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »
    My wife had this happen to her with a door going into one of the cantons in vivec city on the first day of the event. She interacted with the door and nothing happened and the "E" to open was gone. She tried to reloadui and that didn't work so she just logged out for a few hours. When she logged back on later she played a different character for a while and then swapped to that one and it was fixed. I don't know what fixed it though.

Yeah after doing a bunch of forum thread searching this weekend, i noticed it might be a very common occurance for tons of other players too .

However, the thing i still can't figure out yet is: Why didn't any of the work-a-rounds ( like /reloadui ) help? As of now, i don't believe our in-game CSR Ticket has been replied to yet either. /shrug
  • hypertails101b14_ESO
    Hey Nee,

I had this happen to me the other day with something else. Reloading didn't work. I actually went in and rebound my use key. Just cleared it, then put it back. Fixed it. Not sure what's up with that, but if that helps you or devs figure it out, then awesome.

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Nee,

I had this happen to me the other day with something else. Reloading didn't work. I actually went in and rebound my use key. Just cleared it, then put it back. Fixed it. Not sure what's up with that, but if that helps you or devs figure it out, then awesome.

Awesome, thx so much for the reply & intel .... i shall try that method next time yep!

./tip-hat
  • dehzr
    dehzr
    ✭✭
    I have had this happen to me as well, wonder if during this maintenance they will fix some of the bugs.
    -@ PowerstrokeN8R [PC-NA] - DPS: Magblade[Main] - Magplar - MagDK - Magsorc - Healer: Necromancer - Tank: DK - Warden
    Guild: Top Tier
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often, this is blamed on a previously "aggroed" monster which cannot reach or catch up with the player but for some reason does not lose aggro. This may require going back, finding it and killing it.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    dehzr wrote: »
    I have had this happen to me as well, wonder if during this maintenance they will fix some of the bugs.

Typically they'll wait until a bigger 'patch' or 'hotfix' update , but sometimes they will fix 'back-end' type issues without necessarily making a big *Announcement* or whatever. However this particular bug/issue has apparently been around for a while now, so i dunno.

I did notice this post today though-->
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7259617#Comment_7259617 ... but that seems totally unrelated of course.

----
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Often, this is blamed on a previously "aggroed" monster which cannot reach or catch up with the player but for some reason does not lose aggro. This may require going back, finding it and killing it.

yeah we tried that actually (went back thru the entire area...twice lol ) but couldn't find any wayward enemies anywhere (not even in the secret BONUS areas ) ... /shrug , i'm looking forward to re-running the whole dungeon again this week and hope for the best