Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pale Order's Golden Band Ring Lead is bugged after you complete the ring.

Sephyr
Sephyr
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm aware that there's some issues with the respawn when someone else takes it. That's not what this is. This is if you've already completed the ring in the first place. While I can just reconstruct it, this blocks the codex progress as you're able to find the other leads, but not able to get this one a second time - meaning you're stuck at 9/15 of the codexes unless there's another way to obtain the lead. Excuse my terrible framerate as it doesn't like recording at the same time as playing. In the video you can see on my end that the table is empty. Someone else can clearly see and interact with the lead.

I pinged @ZOS_GinaBruno in the other thread, but I feel this deserved it's own topic since it, again, blocks the codex completion. Pls fix por favor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qloddr2H3To
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happened to me as well. I've completed the ring of pale order, but unable to view or interact with the lead on the table.
    Ray
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully others will test and report it as well as completionists who are going for the codexes are going to feel it mega bad if they don't know.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try another character to get the lead?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you try another character to get the lead?

Yep. It also doesn't appear for them either since leads are basically account bound rather than just by character.
    Edited by Sephyr on 4 November 2020 09:23
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would work because it is a book you read, which are usually character bound.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping it would work because it is a book you read, which are usually character bound.

Same, but unfortunately I tried that too. :D On more than just one different character. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is still happening as of today's hotfix/maintenance. I can still no longer see the lead after completing the ring once already - which blocks my progress on finishing the codex entries of the mythic.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested it myself and I can confirm the bug.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone on TESOnline's twitter account said that they'll look into it, however I'd keep reporting it just in case!
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this; the lead isn't appearing for me either and I've assembled it once already.
  • Gamplyr613
    Gamplyr613
    ✭✭
    I think this may be related to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551640/ring-of-the-pale-order#latest. It seems that once you get a lead you can't get it again.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gamplyr613 wrote: »
    I think this may be related to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551640/ring-of-the-pale-order#latest. It seems that once you get a lead you can't get it again.

It very well could be. I haven't actually gone to dig up the mythic yet, but I'll see if I can't get video of it if it disappears when I attempt it. Might be a day or two though!
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    still not there
  • inchdixprb19_ESO
    inchdixprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same exact problem. I have completed the ring once but am in most cases unable to see the paper in nighthollow keep while others are clearly interacting with it or when I do see it am unable to pick it up. This is on a second character.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed same problem - I stand there watching others get the lead while I don't see it
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm curious to know who decided it would be a good idea to have a "whoever clicks first" lead, with a literal 5 minute cooldown. I've helped a few guildies get it, but I never physically see it anymore since I already have it. PS4 NA
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on 12 November 2020 12:42
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is intention or bug?

I completed POPO once, wanna do it again for my another toon,all other 4 parts are done.

I found the scroll and i couldnt pick up.
    I logout, someone picked it, i wait over 1 hour and nothing pop.

Zos, can u change the item looting method, scroll coding cannot do it.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

I completed POPO once, wanna do it again for my another toon,all other 4 parts are done.

I found the scroll and i couldnt pick up.
    I logout, someone picked it, i wait over 1 hour and nothing pop.

Zos, can u change the item looting method, scroll coding cannot do it.

From what I remember reading in the console patch notes, it's still bugged and still doesn't refresh as intended. They're at least finally acknowledging it though so it might be fixed at the next patch. Although the keyword here is might.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks info.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep! Hopefully they fix it! Those codex entries looked pretty interesting.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭

If it's intended, that would have been nice to know before I spent the time getting the other four leads for the second time :(
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »

If it's intended, that would have been nice to know before I spent the time getting the other four leads for the second time :(

It's unlikely it's intended as the codex goes up to 3. Either the codex that they wrote full lines of flavor text magically appeared when not intended or there is a bug with the lead acquisition.

With reconstruction now available, I'd actually be fine with mythic items only having one codex entry, but I suppose it will be up to ZOS to either lower the codex to 1 or make the lead repeatable.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »

It's unlikely it's intended as the codex goes up to 3. Either the codex that they wrote full lines of flavor text magically appeared when not intended or there is a bug with the lead acquisition.

With reconstruction now available, I'd actually be fine with mythic items only having one codex entry, but I suppose it will be up to ZOS to either lower the codex to 1 or make the lead repeatable.

@redspecter23, they've already stated it's a bug in the console patch notes and that can be found under the Known Issues header.
    The Lead for the Pale Order's Golden Band is currently bugged. You are currently unable to obtain this Lead more than once. In addition, its source does not refresh as often as intended, leading to some crowding. Both these issues should be fixed in the next incremental patch.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurrah, they fixed the Blackreach lead before the other four expired!
  • terry2040
    terry2040
    ✭✭✭
    Did this actually get fixed *properly* on PS4/NA?

I have 3 rings now, going for the 4th. Now the lead doesn't appear for me anymore and I can see others were able to take it. Waited by the table, restarted console, changed toons, etc., none helped, there is nothing spawn for me, while others were taking it for sure.

Edit: my 3 rings were all obtained via leads, not transmute/reconstruct, so my codex is at 15/15.

Edit2: if I wait at table, logout, close app, restart app, login the same toon, I now see the lead on the table, but can't interact with it. If I then get out of the building and get back in, the lead is gone, and won't respawn either. /reloadui doesn't help either.

So, does this mean, by getting the lead method, one can only get at most 3 rings, or when reached codex 15/15, this lead is not obtainable anymore?
    Edited by terry2040 on 6 December 2020 18:27
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @terry2040 No idea if you can get a 4th that way. There is always the option to reconstruct one for 25 transmute crystals.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not actually sure, since I haven't had a chance to get the ring a third time (the state of the game has me rather underwhelmed right now). I'd bug report it just in case, since if it's giving you the other leads from the other zones that this should also still be giving you the lead.
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    i have other 4 leads
    this one does not appear
    tried with several characters
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    bug report response
    we are aware
    and will fix on next incremental patch