Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swamp Rescuer Bugged

mApplinator
mApplinator
✭✭✭
I've been trying to chip away at this achievement and it *felt* bugged. Today I snagged some evidence. Basically the NPCs are spawning and not counting towards their respective 'ticks'. Not sure if they're mis-labelled or just not counting at all.

My achievement progress before the encounter (with the encounter in the background)
fchc2dh6khdp.jpg

The NPC name (clearly "Root-House")
l1zovizj7fsg.png

My achievement afterwards (Root-House still not ticked)
o6hwmbjoexz4.jpg

It's frustrating enough trying to get these RNG achievements when they're working correctly. ZOS please help!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done this achievement yet, gonna check if it bugs out when next in Murkmire--hope it gets sorted for you @mApplinator.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this happened to me as well. I saved a Bright-Throat villager and got credited for a Miredancer villager on one of my characters.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • kenyoni
    kenyoni
    Soul Shriven
    I am seeing this also. I know I have done several of these, but the only one recorded in my journal is "Root-House Villager" from a couple months ago. I just "rescued Miredancer Villager" but it is still greyed-out in my journal.

I'm betting this is related to this bug:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452267/choixth-surreptitiously-shadowed-bug-rare

The same thing happens, I get the encounter with Choixth, but it's not logged in my journal so every time is always the "first time".

• Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged...
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absentia wrote: »
    Still bugged...

indeed it is.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently 9 months later this hasnt been fixed? We are trying to do this achievement. Found a villager, rescued them, doesnt show ticked off in my achievements. just an update...

thanks...
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess what's still broken?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_SarahHecker

I don't know who needs to know, but it's been literally years and this is still not fixed. Clearly not game breaking, but not cool.

rip decibel
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I FINALLY got the last one during the Murkmire event, and I started playing the day that DLC came out.

They spawn infrequently enough to make this achievement frustrating on its own, but to have it bugged is so much worse.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, still bugged. Rescued the Dead-Water villagers and didn't get credit.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any word on this?
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    ✭✭
    still bugged I can't even find the characters
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming back to say this happened to me again. Saved a couple of Bright-Throat villagers but was credited with Dead-Water villagers.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    Figured I'd toss a refresher in here since I've been running into this issue all week. I've saved the Root-House villager 6 times now, regardless that he's been named after other tribes. Very frustrating and never a response from Zos. Even an acknowledgement would be nice.

Lost track of exactly how long I've been working on this achievement, but it's been months in the works.
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    The Devoted Torchbugs
    Coldharbour Surreal Estate Guildhall - Feel free to use!
    If your guild needs a crafthall, please feel free to reach out!
  • Linwen
    Linwen
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. :/

I wonder maybe ZOS (@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_SarahHecker) are really busy with the next chapter for now and will work on this once it's out. But, anyway, it's a pity they do seem like still haven't even noticed this thread.

Looking forward to finally resolving it and gaining the achievement!
    "I always wondered what a Daedric Prince read at bedtime." (Kireth Vanos)
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    So, after hours upon hours, day after day, something clicked and it accepted the proper tribes. Hopefully it works out for you guys too!
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    The Devoted Torchbugs
    Coldharbour Surreal Estate Guildhall - Feel free to use!
    If your guild needs a crafthall, please feel free to reach out!
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    At least some you manage to find them even if they're bugged. I've been stuck with the same progression as the initial post for 2 months now. The only things I find at the spawn locations are swamp musk and ambush chests. In my opinion, this achievement, with the elder orcs in Orsinium and the argonian in Summerset are the worst type of content. Please zos, never do this again :(
    Edited by CristiC on 20 May 2020 09:57
  • deleted210809-001958
    still bugged. just saved "moss-skin" and it didn't count
  • deleted210809-001958
    UPDATE: looks like they are actually counting, you just can't see it in the list. Just saved argoninas with 3 missing points in the list, but still got the achivement

uzmqgrw3n8v4.png
  • gliant
    gliant
    wt5wfx9s11b3.png
    for record
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gliant wrote: »
    wt5wfx9s11b3.png
    for record

Could you clarify where the bug is in your screenshot?

The achievement is for ticking off villagers from four tribes. You rescued them from four different tribes. They got ticked off on the achievement. After that the achievement will stop ticking off additional villagers, just like after you complete 3 daily or 1 weekly endeavor the rest will stop counting even if you fulfill the requirements.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is STILL bugged. I saved the Moss Skin villagers yesterday, and it does not show complete. Prior to that I saved another and it counted as a different one, and before that it didn't record another one - unfortunately I don't remember which in those two cases.
    These damn "rare encounter" quests are annoying enough without bugs like this.

On a good note, I did finish the Choixth one, Surreptitiously Shadowed.

Edit: I just found the Copper Eyes, which I already had ticked off, but I saved them anyway in case it gave me one of the three I was missing, and it awarded me the achievement.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on 3 June 2022 11:14
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • tyrfing666
    tyrfing666
    Soul Shriven
    This has just happened to me as well. Rescued the Copper-Eyes two days ago and the Root-House yesterday. Neither were checked off. I had two others (not sure which ones as I'm not in the game) but it did not give the the achievement.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just had this happen. ran into choixtl for the first time, spoke, finished. no achievement. i tried to talk to her again and my game crashed. pc eu
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    i just had this happen. ran into choixtl for the first time, spoke, finished. no achievement. i tried to talk to her again and my game crashed. pc eu

i think this is a new issue, someone brought that up here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628762/achievements-surreptitiously-followed-murkmuire-with-choixth-bugged#latest
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • S_Northman
    S_Northman
    ✭✭
    I was able to complete this achievement.

Note that the description of the achivement presents 6 possible encounters with tribes

In fact only 4 among 6 are needed

I didn't notice any bug for this one. Just painful and time consuming
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    S_Northman wrote: »
    I was able to complete this achievement.

Note that the description of the achivement presents 6 possible encounters with tribes

In fact only 4 among 6 are needed

I didn't notice any bug for this one. Just painful and time consuming

The description also clearly says "four."