Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see your other toons in your house & quick access?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
People complained about no storage over and over…and there is a simple alternate way to satisfy players before the real storage updated.

Let us be able to put our other toons in the house just like assistants, and we can access their inventory and gear, research traits for other toons in the house (one benefit of having craft stations in the house),and we can quick switch toons without log in log out.

This adds more feature, solves the storage problem at least temporarily, and saved all that trouble of switching toons.

Plz consider this ZOS
Edited by Lyserus on 2 February 2017 13:29

Would you like to see your other toons in your house & quick access? 110 votes

Yes
87%
Gilvoth1mirgEspionettaNewBlacksmurfBlackSparrowopajOsteosLionheartRichardtspecherb14_ESOAKSb16_ESO2Iruil_ESOSantieClawsElara_NorthwindKhenarthitimb16_ESO85The_SpAwNSoellaPhuzAbeilleGlurin 96 votes
No
12%
ImryllLrdRahvincjthibsidkDomikovyndral13preub18_ESOIrishGirlGamerKarzumApheriusnotimetocareSTEVILdredduriusKodracErmiq 14 votes
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure, why not?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I REALLY like this idea!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Think about it ZOS :)

It also solves the hollow house problem, giving house functions and make it "fuller" as the max people you can invite is 24

It also make use of the costumes and personality, different toons can wear different things and have different behaviors

the really question is not why, is why not (And that's what i want to ask to those who voted no)
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Excuse me for my words, but I shall say it's some kind of stupid idea.
    For what? If they don't want to make a simple storage, then why they should turn our characters into plastic dummies with a storage? It makes no sense to me. I'm confused, really. :neutral:
    There are so many simple solutions: account-wide chest, account-wide tab in inventory, etc. Why you offer to invent an nuclear submarine when a boat is enough?
    Edited by Ermiq on 2 February 2017 14:21
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    this would be great!!
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Carefully...I don't want them just standing there as it appears they would be based on how assistants work.

I would however like the character selection screen to incorporate each character in a house possibly sitting, or standing with similar animations seen today

It's not exactly what you're suggesting but it's what I can see as reasonable and realistic
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I could care less about my other toons when I'm not playing them.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    We definitely need for housing to allow better inventory access and management options but i expect this to come thru crafted furnishings and servants not some sort of house party default.

Also, my characters are not right now as good to be in the same house as a starting point at all times. Different writs, different missions, different dailies, etc.

Now, of course, a lot of changes for daily use and convenience can be gained thru housing as it develops with the right furnishings and servants but lets not cram too many things into hsving one cluster of bodies in one place mechanic because that is pretty limiting.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Eremith wrote: »
    Excuse me for my words, but I shall say it's some kind of stupid idea.
    For what? If they don't want to make a simple storage, then why they should turn our characters into plastic dummies with a storage? It makes no sense to me. I'm confused, really. :neutral:

I think the idea is that the other characters are walking around like NPCs and somewhat interacting. Even if it's stale interactions, or say they are on training dummies.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This question has come up several times. It's pretty clear the community wants it, but I suspect it may be harder to implement than it seems, so I doubt they'll spend developer time on it.

Would be neat, though.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes!

Specifically, if I log out in my house with a character, that character should remain in the house, wandering in an idle pattern. I don't know if it would be possible to click on that character and switch, but that would be cool.

What I do not want is staging alts like the way pets and mounts are being done, so they just stand there (idle animations or not).

Edited by Elsonso on 2 February 2017 14:35
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think zos should give this idea and any other make-the-game-easier to the subscribers.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I think zos should give this idea and any other make-the-game-easier to the subscribers.

nahhh subber already have craft bag....give this feature to everyone!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lyserus wrote: »
    People complained about no storage over and over…and there is a simple alternate way to satisfy players before the real storage updated.

Let us be able to put our other toons in the house just like assistants, and we can access their inventory and gear, research traits for other toons in the house (one benefit of having craft stations in the house),and we can quick switch toons without log in log out.

This adds more feature, solves the storage problem at least temporarily, and saved all that trouble of switching toons.

Plz consider this ZOS

Voted no because this idea as presented just isn't going to happen. Being able to do research on an al without going to character select screen isn't going to happen. Just to much work to code that for the value it would present.

Overall, even placing alts and managing that placement when someone logs into that character could prove more work that it's worth.

Besides, I don't think we need another thread in this subject and it's pretty much like one that's been around.

armory storage as an ESO+ perk would be great.
    Edited by idk on 2 February 2017 16:04
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Lyserus wrote: »

Plz consider this ZOS

Voted no because this idea as presented just isn't going to happen. Being able to do research on an al without going to character select screen isn't going to happen. Just to much work to code that for the value it would present.

Overall, even placing alts and managing that placement when someone logs into that character could prove more work that it's worth.

Besides, I don't think we need another thread in this subject and it's pretty much like one that's been around.

armory storage as an ESO+ perk would be great.

wow wait there...the code can't be harder than making a warden class and such

are u saying because it's hard on code it's not going to happen?

Why don't we stay on original game then? every new content requires a lot of codes
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I dont think quick access will happen - but it would be nice to have them sitting aroubd the place
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Eremith wrote: »
    For what? If they don't want to make a simple storage, then why they should turn our characters into plastic dummies with a storage? It makes no sense to me. I'm confused, really.
    You don't understand the concept of loopholes, do you?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If I can pick which characters hang out in which home I'd love this. I really don't see something like this happening though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    UrQuan wrote: »
    If I can pick which characters hang out in which home I'd love this. I really don't see something like this happening though.

Cmon @UrQuan we need you behind this

we-need-you.jpg
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    UrQuan wrote: »

Cmon @UrQuan we need you behind this

we-need-you.jpg
    I said I'd love it. I just don't think it's likely to happen.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah I think it would be cool
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    A brilliant, simple, and functional idea! :) Covers many requests as well! To have your other characters wandering the house, and to have a quick switch, AND to be able to have better storage management!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    A brilliant, simple, and functional idea! :) Covers many requests as well! To have your other characters wandering the house, and to have a quick switch, AND to be able to have better storage management!

I see what you did there

Other alts being there could accept items if their inventories aren't full

O K!
  • Cody_svk
    Cody_svk
    ✭✭
    Yes
    i don't really care if they had any functionality or not...I would be happy to just have them there as "decoration"...
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Would be kind of cool seeing all your characters in one place, sitting, reading, wondering around the house, etc.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like this idea, but I'd prefer a usable chest in the house. One with maybe 20-25 inventory slots in it. Perhaps the largest houses can have two chests, and mansions three.

It might be a little weird to enter the house and see another character just standing there in the same spot all the time. If you could leave them in a sitting position, it would be much better.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on 3 February 2017 03:33
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted "yes", but actually I would only like it if they didn't stand around like if they were a piece of furniture, like assistants and animals do now.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea but in reality it would take a lot more development to implement the full scope of it than a simple storage cache..
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Abeille wrote: »
    I voted "yes", but actually I would only like it if they didn't stand around like if they were a piece of furniture, like assistants and animals do now.

I know, right? That's why I have no intention of ever putting an assistant in my house. It would be too creepy for me.

.... If I ever get an assistant, that is. I don't actually have one yet. ;)
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If I kept more than 1 toon, sure
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴