The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

still pretty new and messing around with builds/classes

Scghost
Scghost
so I do really well with my DK two handed guy on regular mobs, but some bosses on the map (the spots with skull faces) totally give me a run for my money. so, are some of these "elite" mobs meant to be taken on in a group or something? like the 3 zombies in glunumbra? I just get really depressed when a tank like build gets shredded in a few hits : /.

maybe now that I'm level 15 I should bring a healing staff and buff myself with heals before a fight like that while solo?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    You will notice that those elite mobs have orange boxes on either side of their health bar. I think of them like stars in a rating system.

My rule of thumb is if it has more the one box wait for backup. If has to be a solo fight I pull out all the stops. I make sure my all my armor is as close to my level as I can get it (even If I have to craft and enchant new armor), I repair any broken armor, I make sure I have plenty of potions, I get something to eat or drink, I top off the charges on my weapons, and I make sure each skill bar has at least one heal on it.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Scghost
    Scghost
    Thanks Lazarus, I was just reading the new players guide. I was sure I did some of those alone, but never really thought about those boxes next to their life bar.
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    I go sword and board with my DK at the moment on world bosses as I havent gotten the passives/skills to heal myself very well yet. I love two hander, but frankly it doesnt do nearly as much damage as the majority of other weapons
  • Scghost
    Scghost
    Well I been messing around with different stuff as mentioned and, as you know, sword and shield abilities are mainly for tanking, and range stuff will always beat melee in DPS I think. that said, same and even higher level mobs die in 3 hits or so. cant ask for more then that : /