Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solar Flare Morph Question

Stonebrook
Stonebrook
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

Silly question, but can anyone tell me if the Dark Flare morph for Solar Flare changes the color of the animation? Haven't been able to find it on any videos or anywhere else. I would try morphing it myself, but all my other attacks look like light, so I'd be kind of bummed if it turned shadowy looking and I was stuck with it till I can respec. (Seems to be later in the game from what I can gather)
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    At least in beta-No, it doesn't turn dark. It just looks the same. I suggest the other morph anyway-where it hits 2 targets. Great crowd control!
  • Stonebrook
    Stonebrook
    Soul Shriven
    Cheers thanks!

I was all about the other one until I realized it made the attack PBAoE. If I could keep the original at the same time I'd go for it, but I'm reluctant to give up a strong ranged opener. I usually use staves.
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stonebrook wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Silly question, but can anyone tell me if the Dark Flare morph for Solar Flare changes the color of the animation? Haven't been able to find it on any videos or anywhere else. I would try morphing it myself, but all my other attacks look like light, so I'd be kind of bummed if it turned shadowy looking and I was stuck with it till I can respec. (Seems to be later in the game from what I can gather)

It doesn't really. Same white bolt into the sky and back down.

Against healing mobs (and players) the dark flare is a big boon.

Even without any more Solar flare does damage to side mobs, and Dark Flare does also. The other morph just increases the damage to extra targets.
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    Both solar morph aoe debuffs targets. Solar barrage becomes pbaoe but damage is cut by 50%. Dark flare gets stronger single target with heal debuff. Dark flare is one of the hardest hitting single target ranged spells.