Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crash detected - game is running fine

Tayra_Evenstar
Tayra_Evenstar
Soul Shriven
Since recently, after closing the game, the launcher shows a popup message stating the latest game launch failed. The game has been running with no issues, however. How do I get rid of this notification?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 20, 2024 4:32PM
  • nankeenheron
    nankeenheron
    ✭✭
    I've been getting those too.
    1) Quit game.
    2) Launcher says (WTTE) "game launch failed".

Game successfully unlaunched?

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting this every single time I close the game, it's not crashing, everything is normal. Ever since the new beta launcher
  • KapiteinBoterham
    KapiteinBoterham
    ✭✭✭
    Same happens about 50% of the time after exiting the game. Tried a repair, still happens once in a while. The game runs normal.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • KapiteinBoterham
    KapiteinBoterham
    ✭✭✭
    3wojokpriaml.png
    saujbuxmcqv2.png

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one to just jump on a band wagon.

well, yes I am.

Me Too. kinda weird that it triggers after successfully launching and playing the game, and then quitting normally.

:#
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! I came to this forum to open a discussion about just that! So I'm not the only one? :D

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, it didn't change anything. Since it's not preventing me from playing, I gave up on fixing that and now it's standard for me. :#
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I went into Zthenganaz in Wrothgar and the second I started fighting a single Ice Wrath, the ping went up and a few seconds later the same happened to me(game crash detected). I think the module for the dungeon is not fully loaded in the server and causes problems on our end. I may be wrong because I don`t know what happens on ESO end but I have seen in chat that modules are loading in.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Add my name to that list. Been getting it for some time now.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those still encountering this error in the launcher basic crash troubleshooting and see if these steps will help out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening since the latest launcher update. It is a false error, as the game is working fine and a repair isn't needed. This isn't player error, but a launcher issue.

Just ignore it.

PS: Normally when the game asks you to repair, run the repair. It is just in this instance where something is wrong and the error is received.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    For those still encountering this error in the launcher basic crash troubleshooting and see if these steps will help out.

The game is not actually "Crashing" it is only that the launcher says it detected a game crash when we exit the game after playing through it 100% normally and having no issue with the game itself, though it creates the dialog we must press ok to every single time. A little annoying is all but our games are not actually "crashing".
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    It does not happen if you run the game briefly. I guess some internal things need to happen.
    But you will find records in the event viewer. And the faulting offset is always the same.
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
      <Provider Name="Application Error" Guid="{a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}" /> 
      <EventID>1000</EventID> 
      <Version>0</Version> 
      <Level>2</Level> 
      <Task>100</Task> 
      <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
      <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> 
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-09-01T19:35:11.4062536Z" /> 
      <EventRecordID>48166</EventRecordID> 
      <Correlation /> 
      <Execution ProcessID="11352" ThreadID="13828" /> 
      <Channel>Application</Channel> 
      <Computer>**************</Computer> 
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-*" /> 
    </System>
    <EventData>
      <Data Name="AppName">eso64.exe</Data> 
      <Data Name="AppVersion">1.0.0.1</Data> 
      <Data Name="AppTimeStamp">66bd206f</Data> 
      <Data Name="ModuleName">d3d11.dll_unloaded</Data> 
      <Data Name="ModuleVersion">10.0.22621.3672</Data> 
      <Data Name="ModuleTimeStamp">4ac6f2bf</Data> 
      <Data Name="ExceptionCode">c0000005</Data> 
      <Data Name="FaultingOffset">000000000003d6c8</Data> 
      <Data Name="ProcessId">0x1ca4</Data> 
      <Data Name="ProcessCreationTime">0x1dafca0437b444c</Data> 
      <Data Name="AppPath">C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe</Data> 
      <Data Name="ModulePath">d3d11.dll</Data> 
      <Data Name="IntegratorReportId">e9a24632-6c82-479d-9d94-00221ac77a28</Data> 
      <Data Name="PackageFullName" /> 
      <Data Name="PackageRelativeAppId" /> 
    </EventData>
    </Event>

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are still having issues, please go ahead and open a support ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill No worries. I reported this as a /bug versions ago. It is either ignored by those reading the feedback or it is at position 5000+ in the back log already. ;)

The game itself is doing fine.
    And if you start the game without the launcher, as I do, there is nothing to click away.

/edit: Maybe my feedback was the reason the crash detector was added to the launcher. In this case: Sorry everyone.
    Edited by votan73 on September 3, 2024 4:55PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @votan73

Thank you for taking the time to send in this feedback to our dev team!
    Staff Post
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @votan73

Thank you for taking the time to send in this feedback to our dev team!

I did this as well but it's been a pretty long standing issue now. Ever since the new beta client was introduced I believe, and now that it's gone into production as the main client it's an issue every time with the launcher.