The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire benefits in pvp?

IndorilArwynLlethran
Ok, guys, here is my question. Is there any benefits in playing a pvp vamp? I remember old vamps, there was increased magicka recovery at least, but now? Increased fire damage, increased cost of everything, decreased health recovery - for what? What am I missing? I see a lot of people playing vamps - in pvp. There life should be endless nightmare when they fight dks or pass keeps where someone popups a fire ballista. But no, they enjoy their experience, apparently. So. What am I missing?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 5, 2024 4:23AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with PvP combat.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, guys, here is my question. Is there any benefits in playing a pvp vamp? I remember old vamps, there was increased magicka recovery at least, but now? Increased fire damage, increased cost of everything, decreased health recovery - for what? What am I missing? I see a lot of people playing vamps - in pvp. There life should be endless nightmare when they fight dks or pass keeps where someone popups a fire ballista. But no, they enjoy their experience, apparently. So. What am I missing?

Just one sentence: 30% less damage taken at stage 3.
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • IndorilArwynLlethran

Worth it?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth it?

Apparently so, based on the many threads I’ve seen on the topic. No one cares about sustain right now (which as you’ve seen, vampires now suck at) but the being harder to execute is the primary reason for being a vampire in PvP
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Undeath passive makes the majority of pvp builds better. The only exceptions are group healing builds where you'll want to make the most of your sustain, and some (not all) no-proc builds since sustain is more tricky in that campaign.

It also removes the sneak movement penalty and gives you extra weapon/spell damage emerging from sneak, so any stealth-based builds also benefit massively from vampirism.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampirism is almost always worth it. Very rarely, you'll have a build that absolutely needs the sustain, but more often than not, the Undeath passive alone is worth it.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s like better version of pariah x2
    Edited by Udrath on January 5, 2024 3:15PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only bad against dk especially those who keep burning uptime 100%.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    It's only bad against dk especially those who keep burning uptime 100%.

But it's better against DK than non-Vampire.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast