Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REQUEST: please let us give gifts to our companions

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Giving gifts to our companions/followers has been a common feature of the offline Elder Scrolls games, it would be nice to see it in ESO also. Then I wouldn't have to feel a bit mean and guilty every time I'm at a cooking fire and Mirri asks me if I have anything to cook, or I'm reading a lore book and she suggests that if I want to give her something then a book would be ideal.

This feature could even be used to add buffs to the companions, e.g. we "gift" a serving of Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce to our companion and let them enjoy the same buffs we do.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here Bastian, wine and cheese.
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D At the above joke! In all seriousness i agree, i would like to give Mirri at least something for the 'adequate' healing she's been giving me in WB fights
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is an absolute crime we can't give Ember a runestone
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

We've removed some posts due to derailing the subject of this thread. Please remember to keep you discussion purposeful and to abide my our community rules
    Staff Post
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still not funny.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still not funny.

I can give Ember a big fluffy dog!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Giving gifts to our companions/followers has been a common feature of the offline Elder Scrolls games, it would be nice to see it in ESO also. Then I wouldn't have to feel a bit mean and guilty every time I'm at a cooking fire and Mirri asks me if I have anything to cook, or I'm reading a lore book and she suggests that if I want to give her something then a book would be ideal.

This feature could even be used to add buffs to the companions, e.g. we "gift" a serving of Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce to our companion and let them enjoy the same buffs we do.

Hate the idea of gifting to companions like SWTOR. Especially if it leads to romance or any additional dialog trees. Do not want to have to play a gift mini game in order to get additional storylines from them.

Don't hate the idea of giving them food or drinks that would give them combat buffs, though. I could get into that. Especially if they could make comments on what we offer, like preferred the version of food that goes with their faction or being grossed out by the Witch's Festival foods. :)
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please! There could be ones that increase or decrease their rapport as a way to power level them. Perhaps let it unlock after a quest line or something.

It could be something along the lines of....
    Bastian

Signed Book + small rapport boost (Description: A fancy leather cover book signed by Vanus Galerian himself!)
    Sparkling Antique + big rapport boost (Description: This once belonged to a brave knight that saved a whole village. The figurine kind of resembles Bastian. Wonder if it's an ancestor?)
    Screaming Cheese Prank - small rapport loss (Description: It's not real cheese. You're not a monster. But he doesn't have to know that)
    Pilfered Diary - big rapport loss (Description: It still has someone else's name it.)

Mirri

Fancy Bottle of Wine + small rapport boost(Description: Nothing wrong with a little relaxation every now and then)
    Framed Family Potrait + big rapport boost (Description: She's gonna love and hate this. Ugh, family.)
    Framed Butterflies - small rapport loss (Description: Since she loves butterflies so much)
    Replica Blade of Woe - big rapport loss (Description: For the Dark Brotherhood's biggest fans)

Isobel

Salt Water Taffy + small rapport boost (Description: A specialty of High Isle)
    Knight's Cloak + big rapport boost (Description: A Knight's favorite accessory)
    Stolen Barsign - small rapport boost (Description: You know you have to put that back, right?)
    Black Sacrament Instruction Scroll - big rapport loss (Description: She's sure she doesn't want to know how you even got this)

Ember

Tales of Tribute Deck + small rapport boost (Description: Who doesn't love to shake things up a bit?)
    Stolen Noble's Ring + big rapport boost (Description: Nothing better than parting a stuckup noble with their valuables)
    Fishing Rod - small rapport loss (Description: She'd rather listen to another lecture from Huldressa)
    Paid Bounty Certificate + big rapport loss (Description: Why would you willingly fund the guards?)

And I don't know too much about the companions coming from Necrom yet, so I'll leave it here as you probably get the idea. It was fun coming up with these though lol.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't really remember gifting as a common feature in any scrolls game but if trading with friendly npc in some is concerned it's mostly because they can actually use some of the items, unlike companions that on a mechanical level are combat pets rather than automated "player" and can't use anything but predefined skills, not even gear or consumables.

If it's a power-level option that spartaxoxo mentioned that's understandable though and can be a nice addition.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to give my companions a spare set of gear for them to carry... instead of it taking up my own storage.

I swear the companion system in eso should be called "Lydia's Revenge"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These gifts sound like a good way to monetize rapport. I'm surprised it isn't already in the Crown Store.
    PC EU