The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

6th Guild slot possibility?

Amethyst_Unearthed
Amethyst_Unearthed
✭✭✭
I was wondering if it was ever a thought to add a 6th guild slot (or more?) maybe thru crown store or ESO plus ? there's so much out there now another guild slot would be so nice that way a decent amount of traders can be maintained and still have a pvp/trial/social guild OR a guild bank like alot of people have, Just wondering if it was ever a thought?

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want as many guilds as subscriptions I have on YouTube
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • alay_NB
    alay_NB
    We should have 20 guilds not 6.SMH.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i could do with another guildbank 😆
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the main reason i could see having more guilds is basically non-trader slots

i usually on avg had about 4-5 of my guilds as trading guilds (more slots = more sales), but there are times when that became a burden when things sold faster than you could fill the slots (though its a problem the other way when you have way more stuff than slots because its not selling fast enough lol)

lately ive found a sweet spot at about 3 trading guilds, i feel like i can move enough product, but also dont feel over-burdened keeping all the slots filled if it is selling faster

i have 1 guild thats more focused towards trials, and then 1 flex guild spot (right now its for a friends small pvp guild)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so the Bot accounts have limited access to sell their spoils. At least that's my opinion of why just five guild slots. They've gotta convert their ill gotten gains to gold so they can then sell their gold and the only way to do that is vendors.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on 25 May 2023 16:35
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely need more guilds if not more trading post slots
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more spots so i can have some social guilds. Currently i have 1 trading and 4 trial guilds..
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we accept the official explanation that the individual character achievement system was stripped out in order to free space on the database for new content, then we can reasonably assume that the provision of extra inventory, bank and furnishing slots as well as additional guilds and guild traders will not be provided.

The best solution all round would be for the guild trader system to be dropped so that the existing guild allowance could be devoted to the other purposes like social, PvP, and adventuring, and the provision of a central trading hub with a proper listing and search function would remove the need for addons and third party apps on PC. These changes would also very likely have a beneficial effect on performance.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    If we accept the official explanation that the individual character achievement system was stripped out in order to free space on the database for new content, then we can reasonably assume that the provision of extra inventory, bank and furnishing slots as well as additional guilds and guild traders will not be provided.

The best solution all round would be for the guild trader system to be dropped so that the existing guild allowance could be devoted to the other purposes like social, PvP, and adventuring, and the provision of a central trading hub with a proper listing and search function would remove the need for addons and third party apps on PC. These changes would also very likely have a beneficial effect on performance.

I agree. The mass exodus from the game would free up all kinds of resources for the few that remain.

We could get rid of trials and all associated gear. That would have the same impact.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I agree. The mass exodus from the game would free up all kinds of resources for the few that remain.

We could get rid of trials and all associated gear. That would have the same impact.

LOL. Yes, any suggestion to just get rid of something just because you're not interested in it is ridiculous.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only in one guild at a time. I tried to be in 2 once but found it annoying.
    PCNA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry but no, simply no!

I also accept more guilds would be beneficial to many players, I'm fine as it is BUT I would not suggest wrecking the current system and think if people wish for more guilds then it might be worth looking into
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »

LOL. Yes, any suggestion to just get rid of something just because you're not interested in it is ridiculous.

That would be true of course, but it isn't what I suggested. I didn't propose getting rid of guild trading, just changing the system in a way that would provide a solution for those who fill up all their guild slots with trading guilds and want more guild slots but will never get them under the existing system because of the known database issues.

The only way they'll get more guild options is by separating trading from guild membership. I don't actually favour doing so as six guilds are plenty and rather than dropping guild traders I'd prefer to see an NPC trader who could list a very small number of items at a high commission that would be shared between the guilds trading in that location. Nonetheless, in the context of this thread separating trading from guild membership is the only way people who want more guild options could get them because at the moment database limitations prevent ZOS from increasing the number of guilds you can join - which is already 5 more than any other MMO I've played, and that's purely down to the trading link. That's the only reason I gave it as "the best solution" to their problem, not because I favour it.
    Edited by Tandor on 26 May 2023 12:40
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should add it as a gold sink, reduce inflation and improve quality of life
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to join more than 5 guilds has been requested in the past and it doesn't hurt to ask.

It's been a long time since I have used all 5 slots. I like to keep at least one open to make a trolly/amusing guild name for a keep-claim in Cyrodiil. You not really PVP'ing unless you do that at least once, some might need a 6th guild slot for that. :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit wants to join more guilds, to make new friends and engage in even more rascally shenanigans.

PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After we get 6, people will want 7, then 8, etc. I'm happy we got as many as 5.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    After we get 6, people will want 7, then 8, etc.

So? What if folks wish to be in even more guilds with more new friends? What is the harm?

The decision to limit the number of guilds to 5 was made when the game launched, for reasons which undoubtedly seemed appropriate at the time. As the many incarnations of the dev team have proven since, however, very few of the decisions made then - from feeding apples to horse to the very nature of combat - are still appropriate for the game.

Perhaps this is another one of those outdated dev decisions which deserves adjustment.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in favor of more guild slots. The game now isn't the same it was back in 2014; it's far bigger, with more activities, so we should have more room to get together with other players.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is an even easier solution I can think of:

Increase the number of guild slots to 6, so people can socialize even better.

As tradeoff reduce the number of slots to sell your stuff from 30 to 25/guild.

So everybody can have more friends while the server load (as well as the amount of stuff you can sell at any given moment) stays approximately the same :blush:
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 is seriously not enough, not when trading is tied to being in a trading guild. I'm in 3 trading guilds so that only leaves one pvp guild and one trial guild. It be nice to be in more guilds to make for friends and have more runs to join.

The way Zos can profit off of this is sell extra guild slots like they do extra character slots. Everyone gets 5 free guild slots, but then you can buy up to 5 more for 5k crowns a guild slot. That way zos can profit from the development time, people that are only in 2 guilds arent affected, those of us that want more can poney up the crowns. Everyones happy.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

So everybody can have more friends while the server load (as well as the amount of stuff you can sell at any given moment) stays approximately the same :blush:

there's a limited number of traders. your solution solves nothing.
    After we get 6, people will want 7, then 8, etc.

So? What if folks wish to be in even more guilds with more new friends? What is the harm?

The decision to limit the number of guilds to 5 was made when the game launched, for reasons which undoubtedly seemed appropriate at the time. As the many incarnations of the dev team have proven since, however, very few of the decisions made then - from feeding apples to horse to the very nature of combat - are still appropriate for the game.

Perhaps this is another one of those outdated dev decisions which deserves adjustment.

in fact this was a system that breaks from the norm, at the time when this was released most MMOs only allowed people to be in 1 tribe/clan/guild/whatever, most games still limit players to being in one group. The fact that we have 5 is something that is very much the flavor of ESO and doesn't require any adjustment. IMO, drop guilds you are not active in, or who are not active enough for you... you can also join communities on Discord and get involved that way.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that five is more than enough. I prefer quality over quantity. Ironically, the best guild I am in has a similar philosophy. They only retain players who are reasonably active in the guild. They have no use for players who do not contribute to the guild.

• M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who don’t want/need more guilds don’t have to have them, but I definitely always need more guild slots. 10 would be a good number. Not many guilds have a trader because they are so expensive.
    I have friends getting offended because I don’t join their guild but I always have all 5 filled and busy.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

there's a limited number of traders. your solution solves nothing.

Not for the trading folks, which fill up all their guild slots with trading possibilities. The solution wasn't meant for them.

But for people, which want to be active in more guilds for example to participate in different communities reflecting the various activities represented in the game, it would be helpful.

Nonetheless, I share your opinion about the actual state of the amount of guilds in eso. 5 guilds are clearly enough (except for said trading purposes of course) and I don't know any mmo which support a higher amount (or even the same).

You are free to take my suggestion as a statement against additional trading slots, independent of the question how many guild slots are provided by zos :wink:
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't even have more than 1, so adding them is a No for me.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭

with the massive amount of items in the game and lack of a universal auction house we need to increase amount of items we can post per trader or add more guilds... most HAVE to be in all trader guilds , and it sux.

Something needs to change, the storgae is an epic issue also

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭

Because you don't need more than 1, it doesn't mean that other players wouldn't love more. I personally have four slots filled at the moment, but I have been in the situation where I would have loved to have more than 5. And I have people in my own guild that had to leave for a while as they were having too few guild slots. So, if it doesn't hurt performance, I wouldn't mind having more guild slots.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Z0S putting guild slots in the crown store.

Wanna be in 20 guilds? Pay up!
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    I could see Z0S putting guild slots in the crown store.

Wanna be in 20 guilds? Pay up!

I think this is the best solution all around. People that dont want more guild slots dont have to worry about, people that want more guild slots can buy them like character slots, and Zos can profit off of it to improve the quality of the game.
    Edited by SimonThesis on 14 June 2023 18:36