The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Questing in a group

Blazyn
Blazyn
✭✭
My friend and I did all of the questing together years ago and I don't remember having the problems we are having now doing the same questing on a new set of characters. When doing either a main quest or a side quest sometimes the quest will advance when one of us clicks on the item/npc and sometimes we both have to do it. There have been numerous times now that the quest will bug for one of us and work for the other resulting in the bugged person having to cancel the quest and redo it(after trying to log out and back in first) to get back to the same point that the other is. Are we doing something wrong that we didn't do years ago or did something change with the way questing in a group works? It gets very annoying trying to figure out if we should do this/that quest out of group. One of us usually runs with more of a heal build and the other with a dps build so it works great doing it all together. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes my friend and I also witnessed this as we started new characters and begun questing together a while ago.

You're definitely not doing anything wrong here, it's just bad quest design. The only solution we found is to leave group, reset the quest and doing them out of group.

As far as we witnessed this problem always occurs if there is some button to push, a lever to use and so on. It happens especially often if there are item involved which are stored in questspecific inventory and has to be used afterwards.

But there is also light at the end of the tunnel: most quests I remember we had problems were placed in AD, afterwards decreased noticeable and stopped completely after we arrived craglorn and dlc-zones. Never happened again since then.