The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Final ToT Clue Not Dropping

SerLoras
SerLoras
✭✭✭
I've been collecting all the card upgrades for all the Tales of Tribute decks over the past few weeks, and I am now only missing one last card upgrade, the Cephora's Insight card from the Psijic Lore Master deck. I have been trying every day for 5 days now, opening many many ToT coffers of all different qualities, and I cannot get this last clue to drop for some reason.

Until this last clue, it was very easy for me to get clues to drop. Each day, I would simply do both daily ToT quests until I had won 3 NPC matches and 3 PvP matches. Completing these dailies will always get you at least 3 green ToT reward coffers, 2 blue coffers, 2 purple coffers, and 1 gold coffer. Until I got down to this last clue I always got at least 1 clue per day, often times more than 1.

In fact, it seemed like I was guaranteed to get at least 1 clue drop per day. For example, in most cases it seemed very rare for me to get a clue from a green coffer, but I found that if I hadn't already gotten a clue drop that day I would actually get clues from the green coffers fairly often. This leads me to believe that there is some kind of daily cooldown that decreases the likelihood of a clue drop after the first drop of the day, similar to the cooldowns that have been documented for other types coffer rewards, such as the drop cooldown for motifs from daily zone quest coffers.

I've also double checked to make sure this particular card I am missing doesn't actually drop from some other source. All the information I can find indicates that this card I am missing just drops as a clue from coffers like most other upgrades and is not unlocked from an achievement or something.

This last card clue is the only thing I need to completely finish all the ToT achievements, and unlock the gold dye that I have been trying to get for some time now. It's becoming very frustrating doing these ToT dailies everyday and not getting this last clue, especially because the drops were happening so regularly before. I strongly suspect that this is some kind of bug at this point, but I can't be sure and that makes this grind even more maddening.

I would really love some confirmation on whether this is some kind of know issue or not, so I know I am not wasting my time.
  • SoraJP
    SoraJP
    ✭✭✭
    It's all RNG and you were just very lucky getting 1 per day. They really only drop from purple or gold coffers. Just keep up the work and you'll get it. I was on a streak when I was missing about 3 upgrade clues and didn't get another for about a week.
    PC/NA Khajiit Warden Main
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, definitely RNG

i had a period where i would get several clues in 1 day, then had a dry spell for several weeks, then was back to getting the last few clues over a period of another few weeks
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014