The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Volenfell Bug

Necrelios
Necrelios
✭✭✭✭✭
The level does not work, and today this is the daily.

I am foiled at every turn.
Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant lever.lb88wz2j62yf.png
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The door to the last boss also does not work, touché.

bpoo7oidaucd.png
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is almost as good of a troll as that time I cleared the first part of Frostvauilt Keep only to get blocked by a lever that requires more than myself to operate for a dungeon that can easily be soloed blind folded with one's arms behind their backs whilst charging forward merely singing "Red Diamond!".
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post. 👍
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what's frostvauilt keep? frostvault doesn't have levers that needs two people? and if you're referring to direfrost keep that doesnt have levers either?
    is it the pressure plates?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have also had levers in Volenfell not working quite as expected (in the steam trap gauntlet). Actually it feels different every time I run it, so who knows if it's buggy or just fun surprise mechanics ;)

It would be nice if we could direct a companion to stand at a spot, like the pressure plates.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird, I soloed Volenfell the other day, as well as a week or two ago, and had no problem with the levers and the door. It's actually one of my favorite dungeons, because it was the first one I ever soloed and I'm fond of it for that reason. (Plus, you know-- smashing Dwarven constructs is fun!)

Did you throw the first lever that's at the beginning of the corridor? I'm not sure whether you need to throw it in order for the second lever (at the end of the corridor, by the Unstable Construct) to work, or if it just temporarily turns off the steam, but I always throw it.

And if you don't (or can't) throw the lever that unlocks the door by Tremorscale, then of course you won't be able to open it.

If it's being caused by some sort of bad desync or whatever, would /reloadui help? I've had a lot of problems on PC with zones that load extremely slowly, such that I sometimes stand in front of where an NPC is supposed to be and must wait for several minutes until it finally appears. When that happens (NPCs taking forever to appear), /reloadui usually helps. Try that the next time you're having trouble in Volenfell to see if it helps.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if you may have forgotten to pull the lever behind Boilbite?

Boilbite doesn't need to be killed for the pledge, and you can proceed through the rest of the dungeon without killing him, but I'm pretty sure that you still need to pull the lever that he is guarding. It's easy to miss him due to the way the dungeon is laid out, because you almost have to double back upon exiting the tunnel rather than simply going down the steps.

What I'm not sure about is whether failing to pull that lever keeps you from being able to enter the corridor where the Unstable Construct is, or whether you can enter that corridor but are unable to pull the switch behind the Unstable Construct.

I'll run Volenfell later and see if I can answer that.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!