The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Antiquities: Summerset griffin feather

Grendalism
Grendalism
✭✭✭
I believe there are currently x2 bugs regarding the Summerset griffin feather lead:

#1: despite obtaining x3 of the feathers, it doesn’t show as purchasable from the Alinor achievement vendor
(All other zones unlock this at x3)

#2: even though I have committed griffin genocide in Summerset, the lead no longer drops
Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    I believe there are currently x2 bugs regarding the Summerset griffin feather lead:

#1: despite obtaining x3 of the feathers, it doesn’t show as purchasable from the Alinor achievement vendor
    (All other zones unlock this at x3)

#2: even though I have committed griffin genocide in Summerset, the lead no longer drops

What does your codex say for number collected?

The other year ZOS caused a major issue by resetting the codex entry counts for a lot of antiquities. So even though I have two Tusks of the Orc Father, for example, the codex says I have discovered 0.

The only way to get around this is to find enough of them again to get the codex up to 3. The game only cares about that number, not the number you actually have.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've killed hundreds of gryphons in Summerset and not once gotten this lead. I was thinking I just had incredibly bad luck, but if it's happening to others, then it may indeed be bugged.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I've killed hundreds of gryphons in Summerset and not once gotten this lead. I was thinking I just had incredibly bad luck, but if it's happening to others, then it may indeed be bugged.

It was mentioned as one of the ones where ZOS made an error in the drop rate:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7828278/#Comment_7828278

I hope it's gotten better since last update, but unfortunately it was rarer than intended before that.
  • F1thyphil
    F1thyphil
    ✭✭
    OT is still not dropping for me, 476 before 1st lead dropped, that was over a yeast ago. Killed over 700 since then with 0 drops.