The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are these Antiquity Leads still bugged?

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
PlayStation Patch Notes v2.42/1.24 - Scribes of Fate DLC & Update 37

Fixed a lingering issue where some Antiquity Lead drop rates were lower than expected. This will affect the following Antiquity Leads:
Collectibles
Furnishings
Anvil of Old Orsinium
Brazier of Frozen Flame
Carved Whale Totem
Dwemer Star Chart
Font of Auri-El
Golden Idol of Morihaus
Prismatic Sunbird Feather
Rune-Carved Mammoth Skull
Warcaller’s Painted Drum

Have these been fixed? Can anyone confirm? I’ve tried getting a second Warcaller Drum lead and had no luck yet.
Edited by katanagirl1 on 13 April 2023 04:53
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last I knew you couldn't even get into Old Orsinium to try for the Anvil if you'd previously cleared the dungeon.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last I knew you couldn't even get into Old Orsinium to try for the Anvil if you'd previously cleared the dungeon.
    That was fixed in a recent update.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I started a second EU account yesterday which only has six zones available on the map. My character has already got five gold leads but no access to scrying. The Brazier of Frozen Flame and Dwemer Star Chart are among those leads and are ones I have genuinely spent hours and hours searching for on my main accounts.

My NA main finally found his first Warcaller’s Painted Drum lead which dropped from a wasp this week too.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve tried getting a second Warcaller Drum lead and had no luck yet.

I got a War Drum lead a couple of weeks ago, and my partner got a Brazier of Cold-Flame lead around the same time (which I stopped looking for since it just wasn't dropping prior to those patch notes [same for PC]), so I'm guessing they did do something that worked.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Ilumia
      Ilumia
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ohhhh, they really upped the drop rates!? I've been frustrated with looking for some of these for so long, and I love the antiquities, so it's pretty great if they're finally more accessible, thanks for the nice fix :)
    • Ilumia
      Ilumia
      ✭✭✭✭
      Update. I got an anvil of Old Orsinium from a random mob in the dungeon today - finally! It did still take a while, but I've spent hours and hours farming for it before with no luck at all, so from my very limited experience there's been an improvement :) Thank you :)
    • Taggund
      Taggund
      ✭✭✭✭
      They indicated the Dwarven Scarab pet as one of these collectibles, so I figured it might be worth a trip to Bthar-zel. Spent over an hour there, and did not receive a lead for any of the seven fragments, and since the loot table there is so bad (many mobs not dropping anything), I crossed it off again. Just not worth the time.
    • PrincessOfThieves
      PrincessOfThieves
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I finally managed to get the dwemer star chart lead, so yeah, I think they fixed the drop rate. Before the update, I farmed it for a while with no results.
    • Djennku
      Djennku
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Taggund wrote: »
      They indicated the Dwarven Scarab pet as one of these collectibles, so I figured it might be worth a trip to Bthar-zel. Spent over an hour there, and did not receive a lead for any of the seven fragments, and since the loot table there is so bad (many mobs not dropping anything), I crossed it off again. Just not worth the time.

That one only drops off the humanoid automatons. It takes a while running the loop there to get one to drop.
      @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
      Vamp and WW bites available for players.
      Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      vsrs_au wrote: »
      That was fixed in a recent update.

Thanks for letting me knowz
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hmm, does this mean it actually is still bugged since the thread got moved here?
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hmm, does this mean it actually is still bugged since the thread got moved here?

i think it was purely because the title of the thread was "bugged antiquity leads" even though its more about the ones that have been fixed lol

to note the dwarven scarab leads are definitely significantly better drop rate, it took maybe a couple hours tops of farming with my girlfriend to help her get all 7 leads
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

i think it was purely because the title of the thread was "bugged antiquity leads" even though its more about the ones that have been fixed lol

to note the dwarven scarab leads are definitely significantly better drop rate, it took maybe a couple hours tops of farming with my girlfriend to help her get all 7 leads

Good point, I will try to update the title to be more clear.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Update:

I believe the Warcaller’s Painted Drum lead in Betnikh is still bugged.

I have not counted each kill, but assuming it takes 5 seconds to kill one of the wolves, which should be reasonable considering the fast respawn rate, I should be able to kill 12 per minute, and 720 per hour. At this point I estimate that I have killed over 1500 of them just today and I still don’t have the lead.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Rishikesa108
      Rishikesa108
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dwemer Star Chart
      Prismatic Sunbird Feather
      Anvil of Old Orsinium
      Font of Auri-El

Still bugged in my experience.
      I have one of these, but I can not get the second lead. I'm farming on a regular basis, but nothing.
      The feeling is that I'm wasting time
      Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yeah, I just did another hour (~700 wolves) and still no lead for the drum.

I logged out and back in at one point, dismissed my companion, and switched toons. Nothing.

I’ve gotten 2-3 leads for the Ayleid Lightwell. I always wonder if different leads from the same source are in conflict. I’ve tried digging them up and not digging them up, doesn’t seem to matter.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jle30303
      jle30303
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes. The big issue here isn't so much getting the first lead (although this is rare), it's getting the second or third to round out your book of antiquity factoids.
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      jle30303 wrote: »
      Yes. The big issue here isn't so much getting the first lead (although this is rare), it's getting the second or third to round out your book of antiquity factoids.

That’s the odd thing, too. What coding would cause that?
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jle30303
      jle30303
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I recently got a second and third Rune-Covered Mammoth Skull... but I just cannot, for love nor money, get a second Golden Idol of Morihaus. Nor a Prismatic Sunbird Feather, nor a Warcaller's Painted Drum, or Dwemer Star Chart, or Brazier of Frozen Flame.

I have not had problems getting the Carved Whale Totem. I'm up to five or six of those now.

It took me over two years to get my *first* Font of Auri-El - although that was the second time I'd acquired the lead: the first, in fact, came remarkably quickly, but at the time when antiquity leads were bugged and it was anyone's guess whether you'd get the full 30 days or less to dig it up, and I didn't have a character with high enough antiquity skill level to dig it up before it timed out. It took me 2 years to get the lead for a *second* time and dig it up for the first time.

I did just get a second Anvil of Old Orsinium.
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      So I went back to farming this lead again on my main character and after maybe 30 minutes gave up. I logged onto another character (which I had not tried previously) and got the lead in less than 20 kills.

I have had success with switching characters before, but now I guess I have to try them all. Do some toons get locked out of getting certain drops? Does switching toons get them out of some stale login? I seem to have this happen with furnishing plans, too. I hope this behavior has not been purposely written into the code.

UPDATE:
      After getting this lead I stopped for lunch, then logged back in with the same toon that got the lead. First wolf I killed dropped the lead for the second time that day and the third codex entry.
      Edited by katanagirl1 on 9 May 2023 04:51
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• RealLoveBVB
      RealLoveBVB
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Do some toons get locked out of getting certain drops? Does switching toons get them out of some stale login? I seem to have this happen with furnishing plans, too. I hope this behavior has not been purposely written into the code.

I am playing only one char and have the codex almost complete. So can say that it is not connected with certain toons. But I can confirm, that most of the mentioned leads above have a horrible drop chance and sadly require some days of grinding.

It also seems that certain locations have higher chances to drop leads.
      For example the idol of morihaus I've seen the lead drop a lot in falkreath hold (and probably never from minotaurs in gold coast).

• Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i think ive gotten most of my golden idols from the gold coast minotaur WB
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Do some toons get locked out of getting certain drops? Does switching toons get them out of some stale login? I seem to have this happen with furnishing plans, too. I hope this behavior has not been purposely written into the code.

I am playing only one char and have the codex almost complete. So can say that it is not connected with certain toons. But I can confirm, that most of the mentioned leads above have a horrible drop chance and sadly require some days of grinding.

It also seems that certain locations have higher chances to drop leads.
      For example the idol of morihaus I've seen the lead drop a lot in falkreath hold (and probably never from minotaurs in gold coast).

This is just theory, but perhaps having more than one toon complicates the issue with AWA.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA