Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aurora Firepot Spider 2023

Hugginator
Hugginator
✭✭
I have the three parts for the Aurora Firepot Spider, having gotten all three from the Jubilee Bags of Past whatever they're called.

The Events Assistant will not sell me the instructions to assemble it. He claims I need to have them. But I have them. I've tried relogging, and quitting the game.

They are greyed out and I don't know what to do about it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since that was introduced on the anniversary, maybe during the event they move that item back to the main impressario instead of being on the assistant?

also just to double check that you had all 3 of the parts in the bag of the character you were talking to the merchant with, doesnt work if they are say in the bank, storage, or on other characters
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Hugginator
    Hugginator
    ✭✭
    I can clearly see the item on the Assistant, the Impresario does NOT have it, and the items are in the bag of the character I'm trying to buy it on.

It's greyed out.

It's from the 2022 Anniversary, and I cannot buy the item from Philius. It says I need to have the items. I do have the items. In my bags. Still greyed out.
  • Hugginator
    Hugginator
    ✭✭
    cmua3e3e5g7s.jpg
    ayj9zfeziurp.jpg
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats unusual for sure, i was able to get my girlfriend this pet like 2 months ago just fine doing exactly this, no idea why its not detecting the ones in your inventory unless it broke since then lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here. We checked with the team and they have found and fixed this issue for this. However, it will not be available until the incremental update for the week of April 24. For now, please keep the parts and you'll be able to redeem them with the assistant after the incremental.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to ask the obvious, but you have the 5 tickets you need, right?
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • Trader- Tamriel Trade Secrets
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Hugginator
    Hugginator
    ✭✭
    Yes I have the tickets.

The bug is specifically with the "Jubilee Bag" that offers past items.

So presumably something about it coming from that bag breaks it, and as the dev said above, it will be fixed, so we're good here.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here. We checked with the team and they have found and fixed this issue for this. However, it will not be available until the incremental update for the week of April 24. For now, please keep the parts and you'll be able to redeem them with the assistant after the incremental.

Hi @ZOS_Kevin - are the spider parts dropping from the yesteryear bag based on whether you have the parts, or whether you have the completed pet? In other words, if you can’t complete the pet because of the ticket issue is there a chance you’ll keep getting spider parts every time you buy a yesteryear bag?
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff, wasn't trying to troll or anything, just wanted to make sure all the parameters were checked for other folks who might have the issue too.

Hope you get your pet soon.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • Trader- Tamriel Trade Secrets
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • WetYoda
    WetYoda
    ✭✭
    I ran into this bug today.

From reading multiple guild chats, the firepot pet is the most disappointing thing about this event.

The firepot pet requires 11 tickets, costing 2750 crowns for a non-combat pet.

(2 tickets x 3 parts + 5 tickets for "instructions", or 11 tickets * 250 crowns = 2750 crowns!!!)

The highest-priced non-combat pets are normally 1000 crowns, so this seems like an intentional grift at almost 3x what a non-combat pet should cost. What's worse is that most people didn't want the thing in the first place.

As penance for aggrovating your player base, how about you take one of the following actions?

1) Make the instructions free on the April 24th patch, bringing the cost down to ONLY 150% of what other non-combat pets cost.
    2) Refund 2750 crowns to all players who own this pet to atone for initially ripping them off?

Simply fixing the instructions bug does not go far enough.
    Edited by WetYoda on 8 April 2023 00:46
    PC NA - GM of Atrocious Love Letter and proud owner of an imgakin monkey
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The firepot parts are available by the literal hundreds in a lot of guild banks. I believe they are tradable too.

What should really happen:

(1) The Impresario's Assistant (Philius Dormier) should have the instructions for assembling them, ALL THE TIME. For 5 event tickets. Not just during the event.

(2) If you want the parts - you can cheaply buy the leftover tradable ones from guild sellers, or even take them from a guild bank. Or, a non-tradable BOUND version of each of the three parts can be generated, ONCE ONLY, by the Jubilee Bag, IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE THAT SPECIFIC PART anywhere in the inventory of any character in your account, or in your personal bank, AND if you do not have the spider itself.

(3) If you actually have the completed spider, then NO part of the spider should appear in the Jubilee bag under any circumstances.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For 2023 being the "year of polish" there have been an alarming amount of bugs with pre-order, event, and gamble crate cosmetics so far.
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    For 2023 being the "year of polish" there have been an alarming amount of bugs with pre-order, event, and gamble crate cosmetics so far.

You know the old saying about not being able to polish a turd? The game has been left too long without meaningful maintenance and bug fixes, so it's gonna take a LOT of effort to fix, while still actively running, and still adding new content to a foundation built on sand. I don't mean that to sound like I'm bashing, it's just meant to be an attempt™ at humorous interaction. *They did manage to finally polish, I believe it was from a lion, a turd on Mythbusters, so there's hope :D
    Edited by Displaced_Salad on 9 April 2023 17:52
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WetYoda wrote: »
    I ran into this bug today.

From reading multiple guild chats, the firepot pet is the most disappointing thing about this event.

The firepot pet requires 11 tickets, costing 2750 crowns for a non-combat pet.

(2 tickets x 3 parts + 5 tickets for "instructions", or 11 tickets * 250 crowns = 2750 crowns!!!)

The highest-priced non-combat pets are normally 1000 crowns, so this seems like an intentional grift at almost 3x what a non-combat pet should cost. What's worse is that most people didn't want the thing in the first place.

As penance for aggrovating your player base, how about you take one of the following actions?

1) Make the instructions free on the April 24th patch, bringing the cost down to ONLY 150% of what other non-combat pets cost.
    2) Refund 2750 crowns to all players who own this pet to atone for initially ripping them off?

Simply fixing the instructions bug does not go far enough.

i actually still have some leftover spider pot parts from previous events, i dont remember exact quantities, but i usually save event drops either for people who need them, or sell them if i start running out of space since outside of the events they are usually worth more (the spider pot parts have never really increased in value so far lol)

after checking my stash, i currently only have 2 of the firepot parts of the firepot spider (on PC NA)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Gabbagul
    Gabbagul
    ✭✭✭
    So this means since the fix isn't coming until after the event is over... if I want to make the firepot, the most tickets I can maintain going into the next ticket event is seven. Disappointing band-aid, Zenimax.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gabbagul wrote: »
    So this means since the fix isn't coming until after the event is over... if I want to make the firepot, the most tickets I can maintain going into the next ticket event is seven. Disappointing band-aid, Zenimax.

I too have this issue.
    Found this thread after submitting a ticket for this.
    This is not a solution at all.
    Very disappointed.
    I can have my other accounts 'gift' me tickets (so then they get the free crates later) but they won't get the crates if I don't collect the tickets.
    If I just delete the 3 pces than I'm throwing away the 6 tickets it took buy the 3 bags for them.
    No win really. I believe next event is one of the Mayhem ones (I might be wrong?) which I don't participate in much, so the few tickets I do get during it will be for collecting the items of THAT event.

I would be happy if the instructions were just offered free on the next event so it doesn't interfere with collecting/spending tickets on items for THAT event.
    Edited by Alastrine on 16 April 2023 21:24
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Hi @ZOS_Kevin - are the spider parts dropping from the yesteryear bag based on whether you have the parts, or whether you have the completed pet? In other words, if you can’t complete the pet because of the ticket issue is there a chance you’ll keep getting spider parts every time you buy a yesteryear bag?

Once the bag gives you the parts it won't give them to you again.
    I was confused to see I could even purchase a Bag on my main account bc I thought I had everything. I got a spider part, and it turned out I actually didn't have it in my inventory.
    Since I had spare tickets I bought 2 more bags, got the other two parts and then the Bags was greyed out - I couldn't purchase it any more.
    Of course, now I have to wait to get the instructions....
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    The firepot parts are available by the literal hundreds in a lot of guild banks. I believe they are tradable too.

What should really happen:

(1) The Impresario's Assistant (Philius Dormier) should have the instructions for assembling them, ALL THE TIME. For 5 event tickets. Not just during the event.

(2) If you want the parts - you can cheaply buy the leftover tradable ones from guild sellers, or even take them from a guild bank. Or, a non-tradable BOUND version of each of the three parts can be generated, ONCE ONLY, by the Jubilee Bag, IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE THAT SPECIFIC PART anywhere in the inventory of any character in your account, or in your personal bank, AND if you do not have the spider itself.

(3) If you actually have the completed spider, then NO part of the spider should appear in the Jubilee bag under any circumstances.

1) It is.
    2) It does give only one bound version of each part in the bag.
    3) If you have the completed spider (or the parts) then no, it doesn't appear in the bag at all.

Wishlist fulfilled.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well here it is 4/24 after the update and I still cannot buy the instructions :(
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/25...I was able to buy the instructions and use them today.
  • AManUnderground
    AManUnderground
    Soul Shriven
    I also am still unable to purchase the instructions (I have the three parts and five event tickets).
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    I have all 3 parts. 5 tickets. Can't buy the instructions.
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SownRose wrote: »
    I have all 3 parts. 5 tickets. Can't buy the instructions.

Are you at the assistant and not the Impresario herself?

ETA: if so, what platform? If some people can buy them and some can’t, it might be down to a bug with specific platforms.
    Edited by virtus753 on 14 May 2023 22:50
  • Chikkitiger
    Chikkitiger
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on xbox and still can't buy the plan with all three parts in inventory
  • FlatSafe
    FlatSafe
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on Xbox Series X and can't buy it either, with all three pieces and required number of tickets.