The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would love to have a dungeon creator

Animar111
Animar111
✭✭✭✭
Turn a part of your home into a playable dungeon. Place pre created enemies bosses ect into your home challenge your friends use your creativity to design your own dungeon.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 12 February 2023 18:20
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree would be super cool although I imagine that the work necessary to implement this would be enormous and, potentially, the performance issues beyond what is reasonable.

Maybe a player created dungeon as a new type of activity like housing but not *in* housing would address some of the performance side of things (not the mind-blowing workload to implement this, though). And collect your bosses, dungeon pièces etc as we do with furnishings and furnishing plans right now.
    Edited by Northwold on 11 February 2023 13:27
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree it wouldn’t be easy but what if.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    I agree it wouldn’t be easy but what if.

It would be an awesome addition (something I've always wanted to see).
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Ive played another MMO that had this (don't recall the name) and unfortunately it ended up with a list of 1000 terrible "dungeons" for each 1 that was OK. Scrolling through and loading tons of them to find any decent ones was a waste of time. I messed around with it and it was interesting, but required a lot of work to do anything and based on the number of people who did it (in that game) compared to the player base, it was very small percentage.

It would be a large amount of work for the Devs, a lot of work for players, its basically is building a new game inside a game.

There are so many more interesting things the "professional" developers can do in the game rather than spend time implementing something like this IMO.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I have asked for a simple one item container to put a reward in for people who complete a parkour course - but regarding the original post:

I'm sure it would take a bit of work for them, but you can already simulate this on PC with EHT "scenes". You can move any target dummy (I have done so with a skeleton) on a path like a houseguest, although they don't animate walking. You can move trap plants, like the static pitcher plant that attacks player characters in range.

It's pretty clunky in EHT with owner present restriction and so on, imagine how nice it would be if it were an actual part of the housing editor?
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always Wanted Custom Quests and Custom Dungeons, lets go ZOS!
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • CapsuleCorpZ
    CapsuleCorpZ
    ✭✭
    Idea is great but this isn't halo my friend.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TES games have generally been elaborate launchpads for mods on PC. But unfortunately it may clash with monetization. Anyway I would like to see something like Wildstar housing was but I do not expect it ever.
    Edited by rpa on 11 February 2023 15:53
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be cool, for starters we should be able to make so the target dummies fights back and maybe be able to set how much resistens and if they should have healing etc.
    Edited by XSTRONG on 11 February 2023 16:05
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Always Wanted Custom Quests and Custom Dungeons, lets go ZOS!

The addon TRP extended, made for another game, allows you to create custom quests, and even custom items. It was really, really amazing. i sorely miss it.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your post.

Also a dungeon creator option sounds awesome. I would like to see this in Elderscrolls.
    Edited by wilykcat on 18 February 2023 18:02
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive played another MMO that had this (don't recall the name) and unfortunately it ended up with a list of 1000 terrible "dungeons" for each 1 that was OK. Scrolling through and loading tons of them to find any decent ones was a waste of time. I messed around with it and it was interesting, but required a lot of work to do anything and based on the number of people who did it (in that game) compared to the player base, it was very small percentage.

It would be a large amount of work for the Devs, a lot of work for players, its basically is building a new game inside a game.

There are so many more interesting things the "professional" developers can do in the game rather than spend time implementing something like this IMO.
    Some time ago, I also played an MMO which had many bad dungeons for each good one: it was called UT99! LOL :)
    Some players were really good at creating UT99 maps, but so many others created rubbish ones.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    city of heroes also had something similar, called the mission architect (i still remember the release of that)

there were many great stories people were able to create with it, but the other thing it was heavily used for was XP farming

because the game allowed you to customize an enemy group, you could design them to deal 1 dmg type and have very few abilities making them easy targets if you had the defensive option to counter their dmg

i totally abused it for that and a lot of people i knew in that game really liked the farm maps i made (until certain nerfs happened then i had to modify them lol)

first iteration was giving you like 40 NPC allies that were basically nothing but buff/debuff bots (then they nerfed the xp if you had too many friendly combatants)

second iteration had custom mobs which had a self rez to double xp (then they nerfed that so you couldnt get xp on a rezzed enemy)

another iteration that was probably an exploit was using an elite mob that capped at like lvl 5, but you could have lvl 50 allied combatants that would annhilate the elite mobs and give you insane amounts of XP (this one i never published and even reported as an exploit lol)

so making custom missions was fun (if you wanted to tell a story) but while there was 1 way to do it good, there were 99 other ways to either do it poorly, or exploit the system for easy gains lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014