The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2023 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom!

• AvariceEventide
    AvariceEventide
    Soul Shriven
    Somewhat excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    @ZOS_Kevin
    PS: Something is wrong with my vote. It was supposed to be: "Wanted Something Different"

I, like so many others, was looking for something else. I was there for launch. I was a true ESO cultist frothing at the mouth in excitement.
    Then I quit because the game, to me, betrayed what Elder Scrolls stands for: Freedom and immersion.

I came back three weeks ago after I finally heard a Necromancer class and the Justice system was added. But, I've seen a consistent lack of attention to detail. Quests you finish leave NPCs standing there forever, mudcrabs drop hide, supposedly secret magic and artifacts do not exist. Not in a form players can get a hold of.

A lot of your quests and zones have an unfinished feel to them and it breaks my heart. For example, in Lower Yorgrim, Skorvild Frostwind talks about performing a ritual with giant meat to take some of their power and invites you back to the Old Manor "for a meal" when you finish the quest line. However, he vanishes thereafter and cannot be found. If you scour the Old Manor, as I did, you can find a single piece of Giant Steak on a platter which gives a buff with no description for about five minutes. At least on the PS5.

In the same manor, a book can be found titled "You Are What You Eat" which details a sacred space beneath the manor (which is inaccessible but hinted at by an impassible trap door) which is apparently home to some breed of invisible spirit which drove Skorvild, and the Manor's previous owner, Norgic Darkcloak, mad. What is utterly fascinating is the book describes how these spirits taught Norgic (and presumably Skorvild as well) a ritual that lets a person literally consume a portion of their prey's power along with their meat. When Skorvild did this he gained height and became agressive, that is, he gained giant like traits.

And the book clearly states Norgic wanted to use the same ritual on deadra...

My power-hungry necromancer character would LOVE to try this out on a werewolf or a dragon, or say...the corpse of the avatar of a Deadric Prince?

The possibilities are as awe inspiring as they are infinite. I also love your lore here. Where does this ritual really come from, deadra? The Elnofey? Something darker and older like Sithis? Something yet unclassified like the Ghost Snake?

What is sad is this is never explored and there are no answers. You are suddenly left with a plate of giant steak, a missing Skorvild, and a trap door you cannot open. It is beyond frustrating.

This isn't the only disappointment players get to have in ESO. There is also a fun quest in Glenumbra called Champion of the Guardians in which you get to temporarily enslave a lurker which will fight alongside you. Temporarily. There is no way to keep it. I've tried. You don't get to keep the lurker as an amazing combat pet. Instead, you get a hammer and some leveled gold.

I understand that as a studio your resources are limited. But there is a simple solution to your problems and mine: Release a modding platform.

Set us free.

Unleash the full potential of your swarming fan base to create the content they crave but your limited resources cannot produce.

Distribute the mods submitted to you via the Crowns Store and offer royalties to their authors.

Use zoning and invisible/intangible NPCs and effects to segregate player experiences.

Players that want it get harder overland. Others get spell creation. More PVP features. More stories. Scheming necromancers like me can actually harvest bones and sinew and sculpt horrific abominations through grueling trial and error. Countless possibilities await your wonderful game.

Everyone CAN play the way they want.

You just have to build the bones of the system and open the flood gates. No easy task, I am sure. But when you set out to create ESO, you committed to creating something no MMO had DARED to even attempt before: an immersive and free experience.
    I beg you. BEG.
    Consider this proposal. Talk it over with others.

Think about it. Perkins Maximus, Ordinator, Undeath, Beyond Skyrim and countless more mods have kept Skyrim alive even to this day. What would happen if ESO got that same treatment with today's better technology?

Set us free to make the perfect game for you.
    Edited by AvariceEventide on 31 January 2023 02:41
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    PS: Something is wrong with my vote. It was supposed to be: "Wanted Something Different"

I, like so many others, was looking for something else. I was there for launch. I was a true ESO cultist frothing at the mouth in excitement.
    Then I quit because the game, to me, betrayed what Elder Scrolls stands for: Freedom and immersion.

I came back three weeks ago after I finally heard a Necromancer class and the Justice system was added. But, I've seen a consistent lack of attention to detail. Quests you finish leave NPCs standing there forever, mudcrabs drop hide, supposedly secret magic and artifacts do not exist. Not in a form players can get a hold of.

A lot of your quests and zones have an unfinished feel to them and it breaks my heart. For example, in Lower Yorgrim, Skorvild Frostwind talks about performing a ritual with giant meat to take some of their power and invites you back to the Old Manor "for a meal" when you finish the quest line. However, he vanishes thereafter and cannot be found. If you scour the Old Manor, as I did, you can find a single piece of Giant Steak on a platter which gives a buff with no description for about five minutes. At least on the PS5.

In the same manor, a book can be found titled "You Are What You Eat" which details a sacred space beneath the manor (which is inaccessible but hinted at by an impassible trap door) which is apparently home to some breed of invisible spirit which drove Skorvild, and the Manor's previous owner, Norgic Darkcloak, mad. What is utterly fascinating is the book describes how these spirits taught Norgic (and presumably Skorvild as well) a ritual that lets a person literally consume a portion of their prey's power along with their meat. When Skorvild did this he gained height and became agressive, that is, he gained giant like traits.

And the book clearly states Norgic wanted to use the same ritual on deadra...

My power-hungry necromancer character would LOVE to try this out on a werewolf or a dragon, or say...the corpse of the avatar of a Deadric Prince?

The possibilities are as awe inspiring as they are infinite. I also love your lore here. Where does this ritual really come from, deadra? The Elnofey? Something darker and older like Sithis? Something yet unclassified like the Ghost Snake?

What is sad is this is never explored and there are no answers. You are suddenly left with a plate of giant steak, a missing Skorvild, and a trap door you cannot open. It is beyond frustrating.

This isn't the only disappointment players get to have in ESO. There is also a fun quest in Glenumbra called Champion of the Guardians in which you get to temporarily enslave a lurker which will fight alongside you. Temporarily. There is no way to keep it. I've tried. You don't get to keep the lurker as an amazing combat pet. Instead, you get a hammer and some leveled gold.

I understand that as a studio your resources are limited. But there is a simple solution to your problems and mine: Release a modding platform.

Set us free.

Unleash the full potential of your swarming fan base to create the content they crave but your limited resources cannot produce.

Distribute the mods submitted to you via the Crowns Store and offer royalties to their authors.

Use zoning and invisible/intangible NPCs and effects to segregate player experiences.

Players that want it get harder overland. Others get spell creation. More PVP features. More stories. Scheming necromancers like me can actually harvest bones and sinew and sculpt horrific abominations through grueling trial and error. Countless possibilities await your wonderful game.

Everyone CAN play the way they want.

You just have to build the bones of the system and open the flood gates. No easy task, I am sure. But when you set out to create ESO, you committed to creating something no MMO had DARED to even attempt before: an immersive and free experience.
    I beg you. BEG.
    Consider this proposal. Talk it over with others.

Think about it. Perkins Maximus, Ordinator, Undeath, Beyond Skyrim and countless more mods have kept Skyrim alive even to this day. What would happen if ESO got that same treatment with today's better technology?

Set us free to make the perfect game for you.

100% will never happen. For one thing Sony ban mods outright, so PS4/5 is out. For another, mods are death to any game involving PvP. There's already an interface for add-ons but those can never change the game mechanics. You're asking for modes that could change game mechanics. Cue the instant death of PvP.
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    The things you like, dislike, or have general questions about.

Why do i always end up posting before going to bed?

The things you like:
    I am interested to be going back to the Dunmer region.

Dislike or general expcations not met, or self expected disappointment?

I suppose I am not fond of the new class. By this time I understand how you do your marketing. Global event reveal, then discuss next patch, wait two to three months to [ highlight / showcase ] the class. I find this a little odd, as you're not on the stock market, so you don't have the fiduciary responsibility for driving quarterly engagement, unless dictated by MSFT, but i guess engagement itself is a reason to do it. So, that being said I understand that we, the community, are still awaiting the [ in depth / deep dive ] to see the three ultimates and the remainder of the 3 skill lines.

However, I find that the zone of "the Telvanni are a House of wizard-lords who have mastered the arcane arts" does not match that play style of the arcanist. To me it doesn't scream "wizard". To me it feels as if putting Indiana Jones in Harry potter, and I guess this is the juxdaposition that i feel. Maybe this is because i found the showcase to be heavily depicting presumably stamina based skills, in a heavy wizarding region. Yes, we got to see a portal being deployed, but again, the way the classes in game are done, a fire mage is a dragon knight, a lightning mage is a sorcerer, though that is more of a summoner the way the skills are designed for haunting curse and the pets, and the frost mage is a warden. I feel that the portal depicted by the show case could of been put on a magical skill line to provide the dragon knight, and warden, even the night blade, with the extra utility, at the same time as making them feel more magical. I would of also figured that this expac would of been the time to incorporate a spell book skill line, so that you can cast spells as you flip through the pages of the book similar to the casting style within the "aion mmo video game" (see burning crusade cinimatic for the draenei flipping through a books pages. That would be a good animation for buffing a group should you ever add spell books as weapons ) .
    a skill line that takes the 5th set picee of "Mantle of Siroria" and makes it a skill that you cast a rune of power on the ground that buffs you for the duration that you stand in it, like the medusa 5th set piece being put into the psijic skill line. I'm missing thunder storm, chain lightning, blizzard, a stationary three headed firey guar that shoots [ fire balls / ice bolts / lightning bolts]
    Instead I am offered a world of warcraft rogue style character with builder and spender combo points. I dislike it, the arcanist, and i haven't played it yet.

How about a fishing skill line, in the next expansion that is along the coast,that lets you put points in creating fishing nets, capture fish and clam gal, and mudcrab traps so you can setup a fishing location and check your traps every so often and they require wood to repair like in archeage. this would be a skill that everyone would use, and i would expect you would have more people use it than the arcanist, and for a longer duration. they could even create a raft, of various colours, and craft a chair for said raft for deeper water fishing... this would be more of a quarter 4 update.

With regards to people saying they want a reason to go back to the other zones for more play through, you should look at how Guild Wars II does their event quests that spawn in each zone based on timer triggers or event triggers. A cool example would
    be in say deshaan, every so often you have a procession with a cart bringing plague with it between towns, and you have to intercept it, if you don't the towns people turn to zombies, and the towns must be purged and set on fire. meaning you have to form a raiding party to remove the threat. this would give ebb and flow throughout the zone where if ignored for a good time, the zone turns mostly to zombies. this could be done in other zones with daedra and pirates based on the story, or maormer .
    or a hold out and defend mournhold for the duration of the timer before help can arrive and dispatch the foes.

Now lets say that during the dragon celebration event that a dragon lands over at serk, well it gets infected and becomes a plague dragon spewing froth and infecting more. A group of dragon hunters, with a dragon hunting skill line show up at Mournhold, but aren't allowed in..

so i guess at this point I would hope that necrom has a zone event similar to Guild Wars II, where every so often a funeral procession comes along, and a necromancer player can decide to steal the corpse for a necromancer guild that collects skeletons or a one-time quest to re-animate and subjugate it as its new pet model or necromancer only companion... something along those lines. tales of a rich noble being burred recently have begun to spread, the theives guild wants to to find the jewel that they were buried with.

I'm just generally disappointed and let down based upon the possibilities that I know can be done, compared with what is being delivered, though I know its a small team you are working with, and your choice of servers have hampered the offerings that are viable / available.

I hope a band of scorned necromancers target the crypts, to assault the city from within... i feel like that would be more in line with a city with a massive grave yard than Hermaeus Mora.. which could of been used to spice up a wood elf story, than a Telvanni wizard-lords story area.

oh well, everyone's a critic.

I hope you have seen how torghast was received, and though the feeling may be based upon people being, or feeling [ compelled / forced ] to partake in it, it left a bad taste in many peoples mouths with how it was implemented.

I hope you don't suffer the same fate with the endless dungeon in Q4. so i hope the rewards are okay, and not so good that people feel forced or compelled to partake.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    However, I find that the zone of "the Telvanni are a House of wizard-lords who have mastered the arcane arts" does not match that play style of the arcanist. To me it doesn't scream "wizard". To me it feels as if putting Indiana Jones in Harry potter, and I guess this is the juxdaposition that i feel.

It isn't a Telvanni wizard, but a Lovecraft-ish Hermaeus Mora cultist. And the chapter isn't even that much Telvanni with its focus on the temple city of Necrom and Apocrypha. Real Telvanni content can probably be expected when we go further North of Telvanni Peninsula or to the Telvanni Isles.
    With regards to people saying they want a reason to go back to the other zones for more play through, you should look at how Guild Wars II does their event quests that spawn in each zone based on timer triggers or event triggers. A cool example wouldbe in say deshaan, every so often you have a procession with a cart bringing plague with it between towns, and you have to intercept it, if you don't the towns people turn to zombies, and the towns must be purged and set on fire. meaning you have to form a raiding party to remove the threat.

Probably especially fun for people who are just questing there, either with a new character or doing Cadwell's Silver/Gold? Or people who have player housing there?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love the video. I can never get enough Hermaeus Mora. After mostly not playing for 1.5 years due to focusing on single player backlog, this has be excited. I also not long have game pass and other subs, so I could devote a few months to ESO catchup.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted something different for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    At least tell us you hate PvP and it's players. Make it official.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin

Thanks for the feedback here and sorry for the issue. I'll note this as a potential bug to get tested, just so we can get someone to triple check if there is a bug.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    Lumenn wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm curious. Now that you've had a few days on the poll you started...

They ignore when we ask anything that's not glitch/issue related or isn't against guidelines...It's always interesting to see them gloss over the major concerns everyone has and instead address someone who's having issues with a link on the page.

ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Thanks for the feedback here and sorry for the issue. I'll note this as a potential bug to get tested, just so we can get someone to triple check if there is a bug.

;)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm curious. Now that you've had a few days on the poll you started...

They ignore when we ask anything that's not glitch/issue related or isn't against guidelines...It's always interesting to see them gloss over the major concerns everyone has and instead address someone who's having issues with a link on the page.

@ZOS_Kevin

;)

I thought he was being sarcastic... this isn't a happy thread for ZoS employees.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most exited I have been since the Morrowind dlc :p

Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly couldn't be happier. As someone that grew up playing Morrowind (telvanni rock) -- I'm super stoked for Necrom, plus.. Hermaneus Mora is my favorite prince and I love the apocrypha, so I can't help but like the idea & theme of the Arcanist. Just wish I could change my old main to the new thing.
  • schnooty
    schnooty
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. So much disappointment. I love leveling new characters. I'll level two more just for the crafting writs. The only disapontment for me is that we don't get three new character slots. Looking forward to this chapter!
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it was a longshot, but with all the magic-related teases I was hoping for something more expansive like spellcrafting, which at this point is one of the few things that would truly reinvigorate my interest in the game.

The Arcanist class was fairly lacklustre for me due to the forced Hermaeus Mora theme attached to it. If it was more of a general rune-casting class then I'd play it, but I don't want everything to be green and tentacle-themed, I just want to use runes and spellbooks etc.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I knew it was a longshot, but with all the magic-related teases I was hoping for something more expansive like spellcrafting, which at this point is one of the few things that would truly reinvigorate my interest in the game.

The Arcanist class was fairly lacklustre for me due to the forced Hermaeus Mora theme attached to it. If it was more of a general rune-casting class then I'd play it, but I don't want everything to be green and tentacle-themed, I just want to use runes and spellbooks etc.

Really same here. Spellcrafting would really make me get super excited again and I so wish it was not a Herma Mora Fan class.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of disappointment in this thread is phenomenal. I wasn't aware that the ESO crowd had become so tough to please. Anyway, I honestly can't see the appeal of spellcrafting, and if it doesn't release now it probably never will. I also can't see how it could work without being severely limited, it's an mmo game after all.

Anyway, loving the Arcanist and the heavy Herma theme, hopefully this negative feedback won't change anything and turn it into a generic caster.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    The amount of disappointment in this thread is phenomenal. I wasn't aware that the ESO crowd had become so tough to please. Anyway, I honestly can't see the appeal of spellcrafting, and if it doesn't release now it probably never will. I also can't see how it could work without being severely limited, it's an mmo game after all.

A new class was safe space for them. They can drop it in the game, and while it will nudge the other classes and rearrange the pecking order, it doesn't really upset the apple cart. A Templar will still be a Templar, with or without Arcanist. A skill line is more work and has more risk. It can change all of the classes, and it can upset the apple cart. How would Spellcrafting or a new weapon impact the classes and how many months of patches and updates would it take to fix it?

As much as I wanted a new weapon before a new class, I do recognize that with this studio, at this time, a new class was probably the best choice they could have made. As I have said before, ZOS has a lot of distractions that they need to address in 2023. This is a transition year, I think. Next year, we find out what they decided this year.

Specific to "disappointment", I think the response in here is a combination of many factors. First, ZOS spent a large portion of last year making different groups of players question their decision making process. AwA? Card game? Update 35? Each update built that doubt on top of the last. I expect ZOS wants to turn that around, but the trend is continuing, this time with the "class change token" players that question why this is not a thing. We are heading into 2023 with a number of reasons for several groups of players to be looking at the game negatively. Unsurprisingly, they are.

Second, the game has a more vocal and diverse player base now than I think it had before. By "diverse", I mean that camps of play styles have formed and the different camps do not share the same priorities. Some are mutually exclusive. These camps have always been there, but as the newness that is ESO wanes, and the game becomes more "routine", and new players join, these camps have come to exert more influence. What this means is that when ZOS does not cater to a camp, someone in that camp complains, and if it is a well timed and written complaint, camp-mates will join in. There has to be a present for everyone under the tree, and ZOS is not doing that. The presents for the PVP camp are still hidden up in the attic collecting dust.

Third is that ZOS doesn't have a vision for the direction of the game. Well, at least from what the players can see. It's like getting on a cross-country bus with no advertised destination. We are going places. Things are changing. But no one has any idea where the bus is going or when it will get there. What this means is that ZOS does ZOS things for ZOS reasons, and players are following along trying to figure out what is going on. Update 35 was the worst of this in a very long time. ZOS could not clearly articulate the ZOS reasons in a timely manner. Now, they tell us that Class Change is not in the plan. Whether the decision is good or bad, they didn't effectively share the ZOS reasons to explain why. There are people that just continue on as if ZOS said nothing. Overall, I think many are assuming that ZOS is heading in their direction and are just making poor prioritization choices. (See #2 above, see #1 above). I think some are assuming ZOS has no direction and are just following whatever road looks best at the moment. Personally, I think ZOS is heading in ZOS direction but they don't have any reason to tell us what that is.

None of this really matters. It is just my thoughts and observations on the situation.
    Edited by Elsonso on 5 February 2023 13:51
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »

Anyway, loving the Arcanist and the heavy Herma theme, hopefully this negative feedback won't change anything and turn it into a generic caster.

I wouldn't use spellcrafting if they'd added it to the game anyway. I tried it in one of the early games, didn't like it and never used it again in any of the games. I don't even remember which game it was - Arena maybe, since that was the first TES game I played from release.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Telvanni Peninsula
    I'm very disappointed in this choice of setting. Why did you choose the southern portion of the peninsula? I know that Telvanni are popular, but we have seen them so many times already throughout the franchise and you still have space left on the map for another chapter of Telvanni. Will that show us anything we haven't seen here or in eastern Vvardenfell? I've been waiting to see other sides of Morrowind, particularly Houses Indoril and Dres, since I played TESIII. You could still make a zone around Tear at some point, but there isn't room for House Indoril to get half the exposition of House Hlaalu or Redoran.

For me, this doesn't feel like more Morrowind, it feels like a repeat of Morrowind.

Necrom
    Now this sounds more like what I want. We know a bit about ancestor worship traditions in Morrowind but we could be shown a lot more and it sounds like you're doing just that.

Apocrypha
    This wasn't on my wish list, but I don't have a problem with it. If we were seeing a new culture in Tamriel (Necrom aside), I would worry that the writers wouldn't have the capacity to do both settings justice in one DLC.

Arcanist
    Sounds like a good idea to me. My interest in Q2 is usually the zone rather than the "feature". Also, I'm quite grateful for the extra character slot, which I think is almost necessary for players who want this class without deleting one of their existing PCs.

Companions
    Keep them coming. Well, maybe no more than we have character slots, but I am glad to see these two.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telvanni Peninsula

I understand that due to the nostalgic power of TES III, Morrowind is a fan favorite. And similarly, Elsweyr, Greymoor, and Blackwood centered on nostalgic content from ESO’s other single player precursors (dragons, Skyrim, vampires, and Oblivion).

But Hammerfell needs some love. At this point it is the only region of Tamriel that was both unfinished at launch and has yet to have a major chapter expansion. We are long overdue for a quality update to Hammerfell and Redguard history and lore. In fact, it was impressive that instead of going there last year, we got more High Rock made out of small islands from obscure lore. (Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to see the even more obscure Druids of Galen become relevant in the modern canon, but I was already happy with the base game concept of the Wyrd that seemed to fill their shoes pretty well.)

To be fair, the Telvanni Peninsula is still an unexplored portion of Tamriel that needed a visit sooner or later. I would also like to see the West Weald of Cyrodiil and central and northern Skyrim at some point, and Falkreath as a fully fledged zone. But I am itching to explore Hammerfell and hoping it gets its time in the spotlight before more areas get second or third major expansions.

Apocrypha

Alright, I admit it. Hermaeus Mora is one of my Daedric Blorbos. So I am looking forward to this aspect of the chapter when I eventually pick it up.

Arcanist

Despite liking Hermaeus Mora, I can’t really get that interested in a class that seems to be aesthetically focused on the chapter’s theme. It’s like the dissatisfaction I have with the Warden’s Animal Companions: four out of six active skill visuals are based on Vvardenfell, the chapter it was sold with. Meanwhile, the Necromancer class introduced with Elsweyr did very well in having its own identity without binding itself to Elsweyr or dragons. (Yeah, there were necromancers in the plot, but still.)

In short, I’d like fewer tentacles and Apocryphal auras. Something that feels like a distinct magical class, rather than being empowered by exactly one very specific Daedric Prince.

New Classes and Time Investment

I know this has been brought up a lot, and that we’ve already had a response stating it is unfeasible at this time. But now that this game is nearing its tenth year and still has new classes coming out every so often, we need class change tokens.

It takes a long time to make a fully fledged character who can fight well, traverse Cyrodiil effectively, and be completely self-sufficient in crafting. For most of it, you can build as fast as you can play. Someone like me has plenty of free time to rush through zones, collecting lore books and skyshards and doing main quests for skill points.

But then there are things that cannot be rushed (at least not without dumping tons of crowns), like mount training and equipment trait research. Mounts alone take a bare minimum of six months to train on a new character. For a lot of players like myself, that is too much time investment to reroll potential Arcanist candidates or use another character slot. We need a token, or we need some serious quality of life improvements that alleviate the half year minimum grind on new characters. (Actually, both would be amazing.)
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mehh!
    Naryu is the only one I like in this new chapter.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi Everyone! Thanks for all of your feedback and questions. We are still working through reading these on top of PTS comments. However, to clean up the pinned threads a bit, we are going to keep it in the general section of the forum but remove the pin from the recent tab. However, we have our one-stop shop still pinned both the general section and most recent section for easy access to these threads. Thanks all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potential Story
    Please don't let it be another end-of-the-world Daedric Prince plot. High Isle was a nice change of pace as far as ESO stories are concerned. I've become numb to any story that concerns something that will cause the end of the world. I know it's good for marketing, but story-wise it's pretty cheap and worn out by now. More grounded stories/plots are what I'm here for at this point.

Telvanni Peninsula
    Interesting location, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Arcanist
    Pretty let-down with this one. I'll be honest, I was one of the many people who took the magic-related hints as being Spellcrafting. So when it was just a class I was crestfallen. I was doubly let-down by the fact that it's Hermaeus Mora themed. Playing as a tome-wielding rune caster is cool in concept, but I don't want to have all my spells be green and tentacle-themed. I would've preferred if it maintained it's own class identity like necromancer did when you made that. So as it stands I will not be playing an Arcanist.

*wink wink* Or you could implement a system that lets us change the cosmetic visuals of our skills. That would be pretty cool. *wink wink*

Companions
    I'm glad you're going to keep implementing these. Still holding out hope an Altmer companion will come along soon! :smile:
    Edited by Anumaril on 9 February 2023 10:43
  • Howda
    Howda
    ✭✭✭

Your constructive feedback will let us know what information we can better clarify leading up to launch and beyond. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Necrom!

I play since 2015 and starting a new class is probably the least I plan atm as a veteran.

This is a third year where I feel not being targeted by the updates.

Companions, Card game and now a New Class, it feels like I am not the only one.

Jewelry crafting
    Antiquities
    Transmutation
    Even Armory

Those were the best updates. Armory should be expanded and less monetized. Great QoL.

Multiclass would be great with 1 class skill moving from another class possible. CHIM

Howda
    Don't
    Blood for the PACT
    Dark Elf Dragonknight
    [EU]
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what I look for are ways to grow and change my main. New abilities/skill lines are great, but this update they're locked in a class.

I guess if i felt my character was going to come out of the experience of gloomy giant mushroom land with something changed about them, id be more keen. Otherwise I'll do it, sure, but.... only eventually, at some point, when i get around to it.... it's bright chapter followed by gloomy chapter, isn't it, every other year.

If not a psijic order type new skill line, then system wise- howabout the child of mementos that last a few seconds and permanent appearance changes that aren't animated..... so animated appearance changes that can be triggered on/off? Like slightly transparent wings? An umbrella for the rain?

Just event based stuff, even if it's repeated duo-arenas, is less interesting to me than new developments for my character.

New antiquity furnishings are pretty fun, at least i get to put them in my house and look at them.

Edited by Pelanora on 16 February 2023 18:40
  • goggs25
    goggs25
    ✭✭
    No xbox achievement for pvp, co op, trials or [Snip] card game, fishing or any other mini game all xbox live achievements should be single player only.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 22 February 2023 17:02
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    TinyDragon wrote: »
    tralce wrote: »
    Well, now that we're getting a new class, and most of us are already at max character slots, we're gonna get class change tokens, right? Right?

Apparently there will be 2 more character slots; I have 18 max level toons, and I was really hoping we'd get 3 but at least there's some I suppose

Why make 18 characters lol I only got 7 and from level 1450
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the 2 man infinite dungeon. I hope we get more 1 man and 2 man content in the future!.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Howda wrote: »

Your constructive feedback will let us know what information we can better clarify leading up to launch and beyond. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Necrom!

I play since 2015 and starting a new class is probably the least I plan atm as a veteran.

Jewelry crafting
    Antiquities
    Transmutation
    Even Armory

Those were the best updates. Armory should be expanded and less monetized. Great QoL.

Multiclass would be great with 1 class skill moving from another class possible. CHIM

Bought Blackwood and regretted it, didn't buy High Isle was very happy, have no plans to buy Necrom.

Nothing there for me as a 8 years veteran, as I am bad at Antiquities, hate companions and couldn't look at those awful spore things for more than two mins without feeling sick.

I only ask to be let out of the endless prison of being "stuck in combat"
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howda wrote: »

Jewelry crafting
    Antiquities
    Transmutation
    Even Armory

Bought Blackwood and regretted it, didn't buy High Isle was very happy, have no plans to buy Necrom.

Nothing there for me as a 8 years veteran, as I am bad at Antiquities, hate companions and couldn't look at those awful spore things for more than two mins without feeling sick.

I only ask to be let out of the endless prison of being "stuck in combat"

Fortunately, ZOS just released a set for you. Roksa The Warped.

Each second you are (stuck) in combat, gain a stack of Darklight, up to 30 stacks max. Each stack of Darklight increases your Stamina Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Health Recovery by 8. Each second you are out of combat, lose a stack of Darklight.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing i care about is the infinite dungeon with a friend. It has so much potential and i love 1 man and 2 man content.