The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2023 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom!

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wanted something different for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    I just spent 20 minutes stuck in combat unable to pick up dragon quest objective, while all around me went on picking up. I killed everything in sight, i even logged out and still stuck in combat. Maybe before they add anything more new, they could fix something old.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    While I am excited for Morrowind and herma mora content, the issue is that you're introducing another new class rather than skill lines or something else new for all characters. This has already been heavily covered in the arcanist discussion though so I won't go into detail here on it. Just wanted to clarify I think many definitely wanted something different, however I'm happy with the setting (and hopefully the plot)
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that we get a new class.

I like that we get to see another Dunmer area.

I like that we get to interact with the Morag Tong again.

I don't like that the class is heavily attached to a specific entity which limits the opportunities to roleplay the character.

I don't like that the class is using abilities that appear to be dramatically out of the ordinary even for Tamriel. I like to see my character as a relatively normal person that happens to potentially be very good in combat. If I'm tossing out tentacles that obviously isn't the case.

Hermaeus Mora has been one of my least favorite characters and having him appear to be the major focus of both the class and the story for me is an absolutely massive negative. I've never been a big fan of tentacles, he doesn't follow his agreements, and he is ridiculously knowledgeable which is a massive pain to write/implement in a believable fashion.

I'm not a big fan of stories that open with being the about the fate of the world over and over because it makes the stakes becoming boring. I would like to see more grounded stories or stories that start smaller and gradually build up.

I don't really like the idea of an endless co-op dungeon. What I like about ESO's Dungeons are the environments and the story. The other players part and the combat in Dungeons don't really appeal that much. (ESO's combat is set up so that you frequently get to either worry about letting other players down or end up being a little annoyed as you get let down) I personally have never actually finished any of the arenas because I simply could not get into them enough to actually enjoy it and I quit part of the way through since I was just soloing them.

Neither of the companions really appeals to me with what we know about them thus far. However, it might be a case that the dialogue from them might be more appealing like it is for Ember.

With the exception of the re-used assets much of the visuals we've seen so far from the chapter just do not appeal to me especially the new mounts.

Technically, nothing that I could tell was wrong with the cinematic but, nothing about it made me feel like I really want to play the expansion. I may not have ended up liking the Legacy of the Bretons much but, the cinematic still made me want to play in the areas displayed.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else bothered me..
    in the trailer, the main "Dunmer" Arcanist character ... doesn't look like a Dunmer. they look like a human with grey/blue skin and pointy ears.

There's just nothing... dark elf about the facial features and structure.
    doesn't help not having red eyes.
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    New story? Meh haven't completed any zone story in the years I've played. New zone? I keep saying every time, this just spreads the population out and makes the world feel more empty. Besides we all go back to our favourite (for me Rimmen in Elsewhere, crafting, PvP and event vendor, shrines all very close together etc)
    New class? Yeah cool... But what does MY class get?
    Also for once, just once, skip adding a new trial and add new PvP content
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the way Ashur looks like he's about to stab Naryu in the back.
    PC EU
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhat excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    I wanted a chapter in Eastern Morrowind tied to Hermaeus Mora, but so far I'm expecting it to be badly implemented and disappointing. Especially new class. Trailer alone looks cheap and half-baked already.
    Edited by Nisekev on 28 January 2023 11:15
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry overland is so easy and pointless I am not interested in this chapter or starting a new char and running through a massive snooze-fest grind.

A new class not on my list or wants at this point in time.

It will only introduce the inevitable in-balance and confuse an already confused meta.

I also fear a potential cash-grab around this.

Most importantly - nothing for pvp. Really????? I mean really you cannot be serious.

My ESO+ remains cancelled.

Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on 28 January 2023 13:22
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    People who have been around for years are like some groupie that doesn't know when the party is over and won't leave.

Full disclosure: played from beta on, subscribed throughout the initial subscription year, ESO+ for as long as it's been a thing, never took a break from the game, play it almost every day, love the TES franchise...

I am that groupie! ;)

But for the first time, this chapter has got me thinking "What if I don't pre-order like I usually do... what if I don't buy it at all?".

The new class looks cool, but I don't want to waste time levelling up a new char when my main could be exploring new content... except the amount of new content is heavily reduced. So much so that it looks like levelling up a new class is intended to be a filler so nobody will notice the loss in content :(

The new zone looks cool, but so did High Isle - and the content there was threadbare to say the least, with some obvious plot devices. Also, I thought that Amenos was supposed to be an extremely hostile prison island - don't cross the fence, there are ferocious monsters out there! I never found anything scary :(

When it comes to exploring, I can't help worrying that the implementation of Necrom will follow ESO's choice for new zones - loads of doorways, most are just cosmetic. I hope not, every house should contain something new, every tomb should be a mini-delve, but that's not what happened in Vvardenfell :(

I expect the Q3 QoL updates to be applied to the base game, so that's no incentive to get the chapter. Nobody really knows what Q4 will bring, so there's no incentive there either (and if it is like previous years the Q4 offering will be given away in any case).

So maybe I should just skip this chapter, and save up all the new content for when I buy next year's (reduced content) chapter. I have to emphasize that this feels like an extreme thing for me to do, it totally breaks with my own traditions and TES loyalty, but I can't help thinking it is the only rational thing to do.

This groupie hasn't left the party yet, but I think I'll give the shots a rest and just have a couple of beers.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry overland is so easy and pointless I am not interested in this chapter or starting a new char and running through a massive snooze-fest grind.

My ESO+ remains cancelled.

My ESO Plus remains canceled, as well. For the opposite reason. The main reason I am here is overland questing, and the last thing that I want is for it to be harder. I don't care if it is harder for you, but I don't want it harder for me.

At the debacle with AwA, I picked a "main" that was primarily used for harder content, and stripped and parked everything else. Now, my main is going through the overland game. Zone quests. Main quests. The whole story, one final time. A farewell tour. The last thing I want is some epic battle with overland mobs every 10 feet. I just want them to get out of my way so I can get on with it.

Elsonso wrote: »
    People who have been around for years are like some groupie that doesn't know when the party is over and won't leave.

Full disclosure: played from beta on, subscribed throughout the initial subscription year, ESO+ for as long as it's been a thing, never took a break from the game, play it almost every day, love the TES franchise...

I am that groupie! ;)

But for the first time, this chapter has got me thinking "What if I don't pre-order like I usually do... what if I don't buy it at all?".

I feel no pull to pre-purchase Necrom, especially sight unseen. The "FOMO" pre-purchase promotion reveals what we can expect from Necrom. They want people to buy before they see it. There is no reason to purchase ANYTHING for this game before it is seen. Marketing pressure to buy now just tells me that Necrom is not going to be as good as what was revealed.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally love apocrypha and good old herma mora but I feel really disappointed by this year's reveal. The new class isn't something I really care about, it's just more recolored magic that does the same as other classes but with different animations. Making it intertwined with a a daedric prince makes no sense in ESO as each other class comes from training and not a daedric lord. Even templar holy magic can be spun as powerful mortal restoration/conjugation magic, not godly.

The telvanni peninsula(or hopefully a college of winterhold DLC) would have been the perfect place to bring more traditional skill lines of TES magic. Can we please get a destruction line, restoration line, alteration, conjuration, etc. Spellcrafting too. You hyped this new dungeon/class as a huge feature and it fell flat for me.

Im gonna play and explore the new area for sure as I always do but this chapter adds nothing new to the game save for a new class rhat is very niche. Nothing for existing characters.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    snip...

Issues with starting a new class:
    - Mount Learning (180 days) (Or paying you guys more money for books)
    - Trait Crafting Learning (3 months)
    - Having to run thru all old zone story quests for skill points
    - Paying you guys more money to buy crystal shards to get all skill points
    - Paying you guys more money to learn all old guild skill lines

If you see the theme here, a new class is a cash grab. It's for new players or for those who can't dedicate themselves to a main and or are alt-a-holics in which case will never complete the new class by dedicating it as their main by doing everything anyways.

I'm not trying to take the fun away from those who enjoy new classes but for those of us who are attached to our mains for the last decade and have most motifs, mount fully upgraded and all traits learned with every skill point and Emperor titles, why can't we get new skill lines to further enhance the old classes?

I don't pay for any of that. I save up mount scrolls and pots etc from the logins. I know where the skyshards are, I just go get them. My main is my crafter, the noob has no need of doing all that, my main supplies my sub toons. I actually enjoy levelling the guild skills so no problem. No cash grab at all from my perspective.

We just had antiquities, so the next usual sort of thing is a class.

I simply wish they'd addressed the complete lack of PVP updates.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Sorli
    Sorli

Sorli wrote: »
    I am a Wood Elf Fan and iam tired to wait for more content for them.

Unfortunately, the Bosmer are one of the more complete races, at least in terms of ground on Tamriel that we can stand on in ESO.

So they must find a other way :) The bosmer Lore have enough Stuff for a great Chapter.

And i Think its so poor that we go again to Morrorwind and that they uses the Nostalgie feeling for Profit. Than Tamriel have so much more great Lore. Its realy very poor we always see the same Zones ....
    I think High Isle was a little bit weak. But that is their blame . Give us great Story as always you do and we love all your stuff.
    Give us bad Story dont wonder ....

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    Sorli wrote: »
    And i Think its so poor that we go again to Morrorwind and that they uses the Nostalgie feeling for Profit. Than Tamriel have so much more great Lore. Its realy very poor we always see the same Zones ....

While I understand that it's unfortunate for Bosmer fans not to have gotten a Bosmeri chapter so far but Dunmer get already the second, to me, the most important thing is that they come up with a good story. In this case it seems they had an interesting idea (we'll see how well they execute it). I think it's better like this than if they forced themselves to do a Bosmer story because "it's time for that" but didn't have a good concept.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm realizing pretty late that the all-in-one crafting station could potentially mean they see no furnishing slot increase being liable, so this is (minute) solution to that issue.

I know last gen might be an issue, but surely those of us on next gen and PC won't have any issues with even just 50-100 slot increase?
    Edited by alternatelder on 29 January 2023 18:17
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried of the cosmetic gameplay, whst I mean is that the whole game is a cosmetic version of a rpg. It has the look but it's not really an rpg.

In all the main cities a dragon flies around for NO other purpose other than to advertise the elyswere dlc. They keep relating eso to skyrim and Oblivion but it's now where near those RPGs at all. A dragon wouldn't come into a city and not attack or be able to be attacked. The dark brotherhood and thieves guild dlc is pointless. Outside those dlc, you never ever use those skills or mechanics ever, absolutely no progression and no point.

The game is like a boruto version of TES games, all thr nostalgia and intertextuality and none of the depth and immersion. This new chapter will be the same, the world's are at risk but only if you do thr quest. Don't do the quest and everyone is fine, nothing happens. There is no risk, there is no radiant interactions. Even down to beds, you buy it for what? There's no mechanic that makes them useful, hell you can't even interact with them. The game is so damn fake! People will explore the world space only to realize there's no point and go back to teleporting between the undaunted towns, dungeons/trials and pvp. Because the vast majority of openworld lacks depth and immersion as well as difficulty. The only ones that offered something in difficulty were the dragons and greymoore. But those 2 lack any depth, those world events aren't threatening at all, they will sit there doing nothing to anyone until someone interacts with it. We aren't heros, we don't actually save anyone. The game is extremely linier unlike any rpg.

I dont understand how eso failed here when you have atleast 5 TES games to use as a reference. These games sold high and created a large fan base, they were successful. How did you miss it? The sleep mechanics, the worldly diseases thst made environments difficult, the radiant threats, the craftable classes and immersion...the rewards for exploration like finding drsdric shrines and being able to get deadrix artifacts or rewards of meaning and value. This is a knock off brand of TES and it doesn't have to be.

Like the fake choices in the game, did you kill sia, lyris or the old guy...guess what?! Spoilers, it doesn't matter, nothing you do matters in the game. You can have a whole story going and try to get immersive only to have them rip that right up with no explanation what so ever. Why do you devs make such bad decisions, where is the Bethesda team that worked on skyrim, Oblivion, dagger fall and ect? Where are the pros at?! please save this game!
    Edited by Grandsheba on 29 January 2023 20:36
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • Vonnegut2506
    Vonnegut2506
    ✭✭✭
    Came back to see the reveal (I haven't played since U35), and don't really see anything worth coming back for. No money from me.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Came back to see the reveal (I haven't played since U35), and don't really see anything worth coming back for. No money from me.

Yeah I don't blame you. It's another round of 2 public dungeons, 4 world bosses, 6 delves and then redoing the old zones to play with new skills. I'm not excited about that.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandsheba wrote: »
    all thr nostalgia and intertextuality and none of the depth and immersion.

I understand your criticism. I always liked the new additions to lore (if they were done right) and the art department is doing well, too, but from the mechanisms and complexity, this is more of a "TES light". I've been wondering though which of these things are limitations by the genre? Being an MMO, I mean?

Things normally having no big consequences probably is an effect of not being able to change the world in bigger terms, because it still must more or less be the same for every player. Immersion will also always suffer from having dozens of people running around at the same place (or jumping around weirdly in flashy outfits in towns, easily distinguishable from any npc) - or a newfound dungeon being without any enemies because some other player just killed them and they didn't respawn yet. Another problem, just the other way round: Killed characters (whether enemies or friendly npcs) must respawn, they can't just remain dead, because they must still be there for other players.It all feels easy and without consequences because of that, yes. How severe is a murder if the npc just appears again 1 minute later? I'm not sure what they can do about this, though. Storing information for every single player character which of thousands of npcs (just checked the list at uesp - we're at over 24.000 different npc names now, and with generic names likes "xy guard" or "xy bandit", there's even more than 1 character for many of these names) have been killed yet? Imagine that mass of data...
    Grandsheba wrote: »
    The dark brotherhood and thieves guild dlc is pointless. Outside those dlc, you never ever use those skills or mechanics ever

I think the Blade of Woe and things like bounty reduction and a decreased detection radius are useful everywhere. Also, if it fits a character, stealing is an effective way to make gold in this game.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm writing this primarily for the poor staffer who has to read all these and summarize them for the decision makers, not so much for anyone else:

I'm certain I've deleted more fully leveled characters (not just level 50, but fighters guild maxed, undaunted maxed, etc...) than most players have created. So, I'm certain I'll make several Arcanist characters and level them as well. That said, the combat team has done so much to homogenize the classes, that I rather doubt it will play differently from the characters I already have.

Speaking of combat, the ongoing changes have slowly strangled my interest over the years. In contrast, the buff to empower and the Oakensoul ring got me trying new content. I even subbed to be able to try and complete all the dungeons solo. Experience suggests that this will be nerfed into the ground with update 37, so I've already cancelled my subscription.

The characters in High Isle and Galen did nothing for me. Perhaps the writers are in a different place culturally than I am, but after trying a few of the quests, I gave up on trying to help companions and NPCs that I didn't enjoy. I expect the new chapter will be more of the same. So, I don't plan to buy it until it's on sale, and then only for the skill points and achievements.

I am interested in the endless dungeon. If it requires two players (dual pressure plates, dual levers, anything keeps it from being soloable), then I'm out.

I am interested in the attunable stations that can be used for multiple sets. If it's a cash grab like per character outfit slots and armory slots, I won't bother.

In summary, some of the minor things that are planned for this year have me interested. ESO's graphics and core gameplay continue to be good and have kept me here for a great many years. Sadly, though, ESO has made enough mis-steps over the years that I don't pre-order anything unless there's a very tangible reason to do so (the mount and pet reskins lack appeal, the free crate always contains junk consumables, I have 150 experience scrolls, and I throw away the maps). Combat whip saws, designing PvE content to the top 1/10 of a percent of DPS players, writing that is preaching a particular sub-culture... Nope, I'm not excited for, and I'm not buying, that.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class should've been 3 new skill lines everyone could use. Just like the last few years, this chapter really doesn't offer anything new or refreshing for veteran players and preexisting characters. Also, spellcrafting, new weapons, new generic skill lines, pvp content, and a revamped overland have all been requested far more than a new class.
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS Team,
    I'm glad you give us the players the oppurtunety to state our oppinion on the upcoming expansion. I'm not a native english speaker so please apologice any mistakes I may make. But I wanted to provide feedback direktly to the team. So here I am :)

In regard to player Type, I am your typical TES Singelplayer fan that has played also many years of World of WarCraft. So I like the Solo content as well as Veteran dungeons and raids. I also love housing! And I am a big lore fan! But I don't play the card game, that was a total miss on me. As for PvP it's rare with months in between, but I sometimes like a round or two.

First of all, as you may guess from my name, the Telvanni Peninsular (at least the southern part we get) and Apocrypha hit me at all the right points! Yet I am somewhat disapointed not to get the oppurtunety to see Port Telvannis! Espetially since it will most likely take years to revisit Telvanni teretory for another chapter.

Visiting Vardenfell for me was a homecoming like nothig else! TES III Morrowind was my first TES titel and I love it to this day! I hope Necrom will do the same. Yet I'd like to adess some minor issues in regard to the artstyle. I realy loved the Telvanni towers in TES III espetially the one I was able to build once I climed the ranks within House Telvanni during its questline. I also liked the one Neloth had in TES V Skyrim. I'd love to have some, that closer resembel these ones as a playerhome in the future. The ones existing in the TESO feel a little bit short in that regard. I like that you incooperated some old velothi towers here but the mushroom structure and parts of the interior feel somewhat off. Also the furniture needs some closer resembelence of TES III & V for my taste. I hope you will deliver on that part.

I personally love to explore the world and do some quests in the open world! But since I have my sorc geared for raids most fights feel kind of pointless. So some sort of veteran mode of the questareas is a feature I'd like, for at least some story quests, since they often feel anti clymactic at the moment.

Well as for the new class: Ever since TES V, I do not like the idea of classes any more. The freedome Skyrim offered was awsome, so I am not a fan of limitations like this. I personally think the most missing class is a typical warrior that does not have half of it's class skills baced on magica. That is what is stopping me from playing an Orc, Redgard or Nord. A class so centered around a singel deadric prince feels kind of wrong for so many quests in the game. I had perfered skilllines for all my existing characters, themed around the black books of Hermaeus Mora over a new class.

To be honest I still miss skilllines for the basic schools of magic in the game. I always loved to play as a mage and part of that was traveling the world and learning new spells. Sadly that is something that is kind of missing for me right now.
    In the school of summoning were so many Deadra, Atronarchs and Undead as well as armor & weapons. In TESO as a sorc I only have my winged twilight, my stormy (as ulty) and my (meele) skamp or clanbann. I'd like to have a greater variety of summons here! A summonable armor that changes yor passive armor skills while active and a summoned weapon that gives you an aditional 3rd weapon bar might be awsome in some cases.
    In the other schools I still miss basic elemental destruction spells like a fireball or blizzard. Also basic alteration spells like unlock spells, basic illusion skills like charm, fear or nightvision, basic mystic spells like levitation or telecineses. Some of these skills (like levitation) might be only used in areas you devs permit it.
    Spellcrafting while difficult to balance is also something I'd like to see!
    But also a way to fight with a one hand weapon and a spell in the other is something I'd like to have. And while we are at it, some new weapons like speers, helebards and so on are also something I'd welcome in the game ;)
    I know that is a LOT of work and balance heavy stuff! But I'd love to see it!

In regards to the new companions I am somewhat disapointed to not get a dunmer Telvanni mage to acompany me! And I'd love to have helmets for them. At least cosmetic ones! Also some armory feature is needed for them.

Now I sadly have to hit an unpleasant pont in regard to the per order mount and pet. What the f*** is that?! I love house Telvanni but those mushroom horses feel so off and are kind of creepy. I am sorry to say so, but I consider them ugly as hell! I personaly had perfered a guar with nice riding gear that depicts the Telvanni house sigil!

As a player that realy loves housing, I also have to hit some points in regard to that. I am currently decorating my house in Alinor in the Altmer Alinor style. I got myself a lot of blue prints! But farming the materials is hell! I'd love a way to convert regular crafting materials into the materials for housing! Or any other way to farm housing mats more targeted! I love decorating my houses! I love crafting the furniture! But I hate how random it is to get the materials! Also the materialcost for many of the furniture items feel kind of wrong. Sometimes a little cup needs more material than a bed or table! That might need a little rebalance in my oppinion! I got myself some of those bigshot crowns only houses and I don't see myself buying any more since it is so frustrating slow flashing them out with furniture. And no: I won't buy all the stuff from the crown store, since crafting the furniture is part of the fun for me! So it's kind of frustrating right now. Espetially since the style material for the Alinor furniture is only obtaineble from the daily quests or for high prices at the guild trader.

Since you said something of quallety of life updates this year I'd like to request some basic things:
    - A open all containers in your inventory option!
    - A not learned filter for stilesheets, recepys and housing plans within the inventory, bank, guild trader and container transfer
    - A timestamp for the chat!
    - More Inventory/Bank space! Sorry I am a messy when it comes to loot. When my inventory is full and I have no way to dump my stuff in a container of sorts, like the chests in Skyrim, I often stop playing.
    - Furniture with container space!
    - Maybe shared recepies/equipment styles/furniture plans for all characters (at least for ESO+)
    - Account wide unlocks for aditional armory and simular stuff. I have many characters and I hate the idea buying seperatly every time so I don't buy it at all right now.
    - Armory for companions with aditional gear stored with the companion. If you have one that you like but you need him/her in different rols for diferent characters it's always a struggel!
    - A serch/filter funtion in the furniture crafting for different styles or kind of furniture
    - A furniture work bench! I somtimes have problems to find the crafting station for some furniture, since there are diferent stations for the same kind of furniture like beds.
    - The increase of the amount of furniture placed in a home
    - A way to covert regular crafting material into housing material or better targeted way of farming housing material
    - A free to move camera, independent from our character, for decorationg houses

At last some whishes for some future content I'd love to see:
    - Skillines for all schools of magic
    - I'd love to visit Port Telvannis!
    - Aylied focused chapter with an Aylied focused raid!
    - A Dwemer focused raid! No clockwork stuff does not count!
    - Player homes that are flexible and configurable in regards to the rooms shape/leyout, doors, hallways and the wall materials
    - A cool new homes in Aylied, Altmer and Telvanni theme
    - More furniture for the Aylied, Altmer And Dunmer themed houses
    - Texture updates for older stuff! Its hard to watch at some of the old stuff!
    - I'd love to revisit Skingrad next! Maybe with the above mentioned Aylied story and raid focus?
    - Winterhold is also someplace I'd like to visit soon :)
    - Something Direnni themed!
    - maybe visiting the Maormer homeland?
    - sellsword companions we can freely adjust to our needs. They do not need a personal story.

Well that was a lot of stuff to read. If you did so, thanks a lot! I hope at least some of it will be reflected in future content.
    Edited by ThelerisTelvanni on 5 February 2023 20:16
  • Arnoldthehawk
    Arnoldthehawk
    ✭✭✭
    Why another class? It adds nothing for CURRENT characters. We're once again forced to make a new character to just play the same thing with new flashy graphics.

Absolutely agree. I wholehearthedly hate the class system since it feels extremely forced just to fit players in these thematic chategories but this way ES loses its special flavour. At least they should give us Class Change Tokens.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm curious. Now that you've had a few days on the poll you started, it is (at this moment) sitting at 47 percent wanting something different and barely over a quarter being very excited.

Is this pretty much what the team expected yet hoped for more? Is the team completely taken off guard and flabbergasted? Are the results/feedback dismissed because we're just the FORUM people and everyone knows we're NEVER happy? Does anyone notice and are we heard at all? I'd really appreciate anything you might can share regarding the mind frame of what's happening at the round table.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin I'm curious. Now that you've had a few days on the poll you started, it is (at this moment) sitting at 47 percent wanting something different and barely over a quarter being very excited.

Is this pretty much what the team expected yet hoped for more? Is the team completely taken off guard and flabbergasted? Are the results/feedback dismissed because we're just the FORUM people and everyone knows we're NEVER happy? Does anyone notice and are we heard at all? I'd really appreciate anything you might can share regarding the mind frame of what's happening at the round table.

I am pretty sure that they don't go by what the forum says when it comes to evaluating the success of anything they release.
  • CmdrJohn86
    Disappointed with all with exception of new class which looks ok but do we need another class?
    was it really a highly requested feature?
    Everything shown was everything we have seen for the many years of this mmo with absolutely nothing added to pvp including lag fix which is a major problem.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy with the overall theme: I'm a big HP Lovecraft fan and Yog Sothoth, er sorry I mean Hermaeus Mora, has always been my favourite Daedric Prince. (Now there's a Mora-themed chapter coming can we *please* finally have a Hermaeus Mora monthly statuette so I can complete my house's shrine to the Gardener of Men?) I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the storyline more than the last couple of chapters. As long as it's not just a reheated Skyrim:Dragonborn plot....

The new class seems interesting, though perhaps what was not said or only hinted at was most interesting of all. It was mentioned in the stream that you would encounter other NPCs with their own spellbooks. Does this suggest that there might be a way of discovering / ranking up / morphing skills other than the usual "have a skill on your bar, grind XP"? Like, you unlock morphs by finding black books as quest rewards / loot / through other methods? That would be interesting and potentially cool. Some of the effects look like interesting references to things already in the game - Archivist Ernaude's Symbols of Xarxes spell springs to mind.

The focus on bug fixing later in the year seems reasonable. I'm not entirely convinced by the "endless dungeon" idea... Essentially just rogue with ESO's existing game engine. But it'll be OK, I guess. I'll probably get as much out of it as I have out of some recent dungeons.

I think the PVP community would be right to feel a lot let down though: all of last year PVP got nothing except battleground weekends, on the promise that it would take all of last year to fix the underlying game engine so as to be ready for PVP improvements in 2023. Well it's 2023 now, so it's time to deliver. (And I'm saying that as a mostly PVEer. I'd like to PVP more, but man does it feel like it needs some attention. The last PVP content of any kind was a single battleground map a year or so ago: Other than that it's been ill-balanced sets and the unloved no-proc ruleset (which let's face it was entirely a response to all the ill-balanced sets... No development of additional daedric weapons in Cyrodiil, no new pvp areas or even match types. No open world multiplayer duels, nothing. Frankly, unless the "big mystery feature for Q4" is PVP related, the lack of attention here is poor.)

Speaking of which... In a year where you've toned down the usual amount of dungeons, you've got a lot riding on the Q4 "feature". It would have been nice to give us an idea of what it will be, at least in broad terms. Is it for PVP? PVE? Content type? Housing / companion extensions? New *cough*spellcrafting*cough* system?

One request: please learn from the update 36 debacle and if you're going to do anything significant to combat, give the community a *lot* more warning. You won't lose anything by setting out what you want to do a whole release cycle in advance, maybe using PTS out of cycle to provide a preview like you did for the much-hated heavy attack changes, and use the time to incorporate the player feedback so that by the time PTS releases come out you've got through the "this is hit / won't work" stage of feedback that is so demoralising to the player community when it comes straight on PTS with essentially no time to back out or make the necessary changes. You want a happy player community, we want a working game, we can all get what we want through better and earlier communication.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm curious. Now that you've had a few days on the poll you started...

They ignore when we ask anything that's not glitch/issue related or isn't against guidelines. Probably some asinine rule, I imagine, that keeps admins and such from being honest, communicative, and giving answers they already have. It's always interesting to see them gloss over the major concerns everyone has and instead address someone who's having issues with a link on the page.

Because of this behavior, unfortunately, it means the consumers are left to ruminate and attempt to create our own answers. Here's my take on your questions: I assume they're always expecting some backlash, likely based on their history of never seeming to do good enough for the players expectations. They know a large group is gonna be unhappy. Whether that large group is only their usual complaint size or is massively large...I don't think it really matters to them. As long as they got people who buy the dlcs and who have an eso+ subscription I doubt they care. There's a lot to consider, but to keep things short I'd say they know what they do works. Despite backlash, despite frustrations, despite everything, the game is simply popular enough to survive whatever happens. All of those free reskinned apology pets don't actually do anything; it's simply that enough players stick around even when something is really wrong with the game.

Mind you there are people who put their heart and soul into eso content and want us to enjoy the game. I truly believe people who make story, art, bard music, etc. for the game are doing well. But whoever seems to be calling the big shots and direction of eso... their focus on how well anything does is based on if it's sold. And it always is.

(That's why I personally am no longer paying for eso+ and won't buy any more content unless my own concerns are addressed. I was gonna prepurchase Necrom because I'm so excited for herma mora and more Morrowind. But I had to stop myself because I knew me doing so would only contribute to their intentional ignorance. My bare minimum to start spending money on ESO again now is to see a class change token be announced. If it isn't, well my excitement isn't that great, I'll be fine not playing.)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    Because of this behavior, unfortunately, it means the consumers are left to ruminate and attempt to create our own answers. Here's my take on your questions: I assume they're always expecting some backlash, likely based on their history of never seeming to do good enough for the players expectations. They know a large group is gonna be unhappy. Whether that large group is only their usual complaint size or is massively large...I don't think it really matters to them. As long as they got people who buy the dlcs and who have an eso+ subscription I doubt they care. There's a lot to consider, but to keep things short I'd say they know what they do works. Despite backlash, despite frustrations, despite everything, the game is simply popular enough to survive whatever happens. All of those free reskinned apology pets don't actually do anything; it's simply that enough players stick around even when something is really wrong with the game.

This has been a problem for a very long time, and one that they don't seem all that interested in.

As for backlash, frustrations, and everything, they just ghost us and expect that it will blow over. This usually works, and it has worked for ZOS quite well. When it doesn't, we see something like what happened with Wizards of the Coast when they went to update the Open Game License.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    Speaking of which... In a year where you've toned down the usual amount of dungeons, you've got a lot riding on the Q4 "feature". It would have been nice to give us an idea of what it will be, at least in broad terms. Is it for PVP? PVE? Content type? Housing / companion extensions? New *cough*spellcrafting*cough* system?

Q4 feature is the "endless dungeon". Q2 feature the new class.

I'm also quite intrigued by the Lovecraftian theme, but also sceptical what they make of it.
    @Syldras | PC | EU