The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets that could use a buff

• huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Kitziboo wrote: »
    Whenever I look at builds, it’s always the same sets used such as Mothers Sorrow which may be good mathematically but is not particularly pretty to look at in my opinion. Most new sets in the game seem to be written off during pts so they get added to the hundreds of unused sets which is a shame as the designs of many of these are really nice.

I would love to see more fun sets like Coldharbours Favourite, Mad Tinkerer, Gloom of Grace, Unfathomable Darkness. Perhaps some of the under used sets could be tweaked to add better stats and a mild visual so they become more popular.

Omg this 1000 times -- ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin please 🥺 put more shiny visuals on some of the dry sets 😍
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any shock damage sets. Holy crap, they all feel underwhelming. Can't do a stormcaller-like build. I want to be a raging storm, not a gentle summer breeze.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Any shock damage sets. Holy crap, they all feel underwhelming. Can't do a stormcaller-like build. I want to be a raging storm, not a gentle summer breeze.

Put Auroran's Thunder set with Thunder Caller set ⚡
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitziboo wrote: »
    Whenever I look at builds, it’s always the same sets used such as Mothers Sorrow which may be good mathematically but is not particularly pretty to look at in my opinion. Most new sets in the game seem to be written off during pts so they get added to the hundreds of unused sets which is a shame as the designs of many of these are really nice.

I would love to see more fun sets like Coldharbours Favourite, Mad Tinkerer, Gloom of Grace, Unfathomable Darkness. Perhaps some of the under used sets could be tweaked to add better stats and a mild visual so they become more popular.

Slight aside but I put on mad tinkerer the other day and it was actually doing a surprising amount of damage (admittedly my damage was terrible to start with) coupled with, I think, storm master. It may have been buffed since I last used it, when it was more a fun gimmick than a useful tool.
    Edited by Northwold on 5 May 2023 14:22
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always liked the Whitestrakes retribution set. I think that should be adjusted to be viable for PVP.

Gift of Magnus is a really cool unique set that could have som adjustments aswell.

Embershield is also a very unique fun set that could be done better.

• XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacaths band of brutality mythic should increase the damage done from 16% to at least 25% so it feels worth using instead of crit damage
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Malacaths band of brutality mythic should increase the damage done from 16% to at least 25% so it feels worth using instead of crit damage

That was the original value. Then they had to tone it down because everyone and their grandmother would build 10/10 tank sets, and Malacath's would be enough to carry their damage.
    Which is very silly of course! Nowadays we use Sea-Serpent's Coil for that.

Also: Spelunker
    • 2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
    • 3 items: Adds 3-129 Stamina Recovery
    • 4 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    • 5 items: Reduces the cost of your Undaunted abilities by 10%. When an ally uses one of your Undaunted ability synergies you restore 16-730 Magicka and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

No build ever uses more than one or two Undaunted skills, really - and those are typically healers, which makes the itemization of Stam and Stam recovery even stranger.

Seems like a missed opportunity; Undaunted are supposed to be the PVE guild in ESO, and the skill line is unique in that every ability grants a synergy.
    Something like granting Major Slayer to people who used your Undaunted synergies would be very on-theme for it, I believe.
    Edited by Woodenplank on 6 May 2023 14:49
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Affliction set, make it more interesting than just minor defile or a tiny bit of damage
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Sunderflame, make it have an inferno effect that stays on the target all burning in agony and lowers armor by 300 a second
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a proposal that would increase the viability of a lot of sets for Sorcs and Necros: allow pets to proc sets. The fact that they don't is an outdated rule from an era where 1 punch man proc builds ran rampant. There's no reason that Necro shouldn't be able to proc things with their main damage ability, especially when it functions almost identically to Warden Shalks.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 10 May 2023 13:04
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Silks of the Sun and Netch's Touch. These are two sets that if buffed could really benefit people looking for class specific builds. At the moment they're weak enough that they're overlooked. If buffed just enough we could see classes using their actual elements. The boost to damage while Wardens use Ice Staves make ice Wardens actually viable after not being viable for years. Silks could give DKs who focus on fire damage a decent chunk of extra damage, and Netch's could give lightning sorcs the same buff. (I also advocate for sets that buff the primary damage of the other classes too.)

I could go more in depth, but you get the basics of what I'm thinking.

I never understand, why Set War Maiden give more SP for Magic, than Netch's and others sets...

@Mr_Jord_Joe Because these sets buff light attack damage and War Maiden cannot buff light attack damage on any weapons meant for dealing damage. It can buff Restoration staff light attacks however, but what DPS would be using a restoration staff as their weapon?

That's their official line but we all know that the math behind it doesn't hold up under actual scrutiny.
  • Grim_Overlord
    Grim_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    It would also be great to see a revamp of many of the Arena Weapons that aren't currently in the meta because most of the ones that are(Maelstrom 2h and Destro Staves, BRP DW) are AOE sets that do more than their single target counterparts. While the cleave damage of these AOE abilities is valuable in many situations, there should be more opportunity cost of choosing to run an arena set that boosts them over something like the Master's DW, Bow, or Destro Staves. However, while they are all interesting right now they are also extremely under powered either in terms of the amount of extra damage they give or the length of the buff they provide. I know the Master's Destro has a few niches in PVP but given the current tankiness of the PVP meta it wouldn't do too much damage to increase the duration of its buff or change it to just be against the target, similar to the Bow. While the single target ones what I focused on here, there are many other Arena sets that are largely lackluster with the biggest disappointment of the bunch being the BRP Destro Staves.

Other than that, there are also quite a few dungeon sets that fall behind Pillar of Nirn by quite a margin for no good reason. Aegis Caller and Icy Conjuror I think are the next closest outside of niche applications such as Runecarver's on DK or Necro. A large part of their issue isn't even the damage they do, as it would be enough for most builds given how far above the rest of the pack Pillar is, but its the lack of a line of Crit Chance that does most sets in in PVE. Even if the team were to go back through and rebalance some of those 2-4 piece bonuses on these armors Pillar would still be at the top, but it would have much more competition amongst proc sets.

Finally, it would also be really cool to see some sets that require light or heavy attacks or that are horribly niche in their proc condition(looking at you Scavenging Demise) to have an alternate proc condition. Sets like Thunder Caller and Maarselok, the latter of whom used to have a different proc condition, would benefit from having the option of heavy attacking or bashing. They do great damage but are held back in most Trial builds because of that condition. If the issue is them being too strong in PVP changing it to "Bashing a monster or fully charging a heavy attack" would solve this issue. Obviously I am NOT calling for heavy attack procs to be removed, but rather for multiple conditions to be possible to make some interesting sets like these more accessible across a multitude of builds. Regarding Scavenging Demise, the critical poison damage basically just means that only a DK can run the set reliably and it really could use a new proc condition. The damage is actually really good on it as is the Minor Vulnerability uptimes its just that the proc is so awkward for all but one class.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrote about this set in my own post. Quite a few agreed. Reposting it here. Hope it gets some traction.

Grisly Gourmet

ArmorSet bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    (5 items) Adds 526 Maximum Stamina, Dealing Light Attack damage grants you a stack of Baker's Delight for 5 seconds. When you gain 3 stacks, you create a Sweetroll next to your target for 5 seconds. If you or an ally touches the Sweetroll, both you and your ally gain one of the following effects: -Restore 1593 Health, Magicka and Stamina -Gain Empower for 10 seconds -Gain Major Force for 10 seconds This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

The above set was introduced in the Red Petal Bastion dungeon in August 2021. It was never a best in slot set, but it was cool. I mean, who doesn't like sweet rolls? I particularly liked to use it on my werewolf as they light attack a lot and would benefit from empower. But exactly one year later with Update 35 in August 2022, empower was changed to only effect heavy attacks. Thus, this set lost its swag. In general, players who build around heavy attack empower set ups want a 100% uptime of empower. They don't want to light attack for a chance to get empower and then go back to heavy attacking. Something needs to be done to make this set useful and viable again.

I have heard several suggestions until now. Replace the light attack requirement to also work with heavy attacks. Replace the empower to grand Major Berserk or Major Heroism (redundant for werewolves unfortunately). Have more sweetrolls available for more players. I just really don't know. But it sure would be nice to somehow make this sexy for both werewolves and players.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Wrote about this set in my own post. Quite a few agreed. Reposting it here. Hope it gets some traction.

Grisly Gourmet

ArmorSet bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    (5 items) Adds 526 Maximum Stamina, Dealing Light Attack damage grants you a stack of Baker's Delight for 5 seconds. When you gain 3 stacks, you create a Sweetroll next to your target for 5 seconds. If you or an ally touches the Sweetroll, both you and your ally gain one of the following effects: -Restore 1593 Health, Magicka and Stamina -Gain Empower for 10 seconds -Gain Major Force for 10 seconds This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

The above set was introduced in the Red Petal Bastion dungeon in August 2021. It was never a best in slot set, but it was cool. I mean, who doesn't like sweet rolls? I particularly liked to use it on my werewolf as they light attack a lot and would benefit from empower. But exactly one year later with Update 35 in August 2022, empower was changed to only effect heavy attacks. Thus, this set lost its swag. In general, players who build around heavy attack empower set ups want a 100% uptime of empower. They don't want to light attack for a chance to get empower and then go back to heavy attacking. Something needs to be done to make this set useful and viable again.

I have heard several suggestions until now. Replace the light attack requirement to also work with heavy attacks. Replace the empower to grand Major Berserk or Major Heroism (redundant for werewolves unfortunately). Have more sweetrolls available for more players. I just really don't know. But it sure would be nice to somehow make this sexy for both werewolves and players.

Grisly Gourmet is one of my favorite sets. Unfortunately, it's been a casualty of the Empower changes AND it suffers from RNG. LAs making Sweetrolls that then buff LA damage made sense! Now, its really disjointed and players wanting to source Empower are not interested in randomly getting it.

I would like to see it closer to Daedric Trickery, which is much less restrictive as it just triggers off simple damage. I understand that tying it to LA damage makes it better for the user to time when sweet rolls appear, but the rewards just don't make it worth the effort. I want to see Sweetrolls spewing out of someone! XD

NEW Grisly Gourmet
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you create a Sweetroll next to your target for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

If you or an ally touches the Sweetroll, both you and your ally gain one of the following random effects:
    -Restore 1593 Health, Magicka and Stamina
    -Gain Major Courage for 10 seconds
    -Gain Major Force for 10 seconds
    -Gain Major Expedition for 10 seconds
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always liked sets like veiled heritance, skooma smuggler, ember shield, vampire lord, light's speaker, senche's bite, oblivion's foe. as they all have a niche potential use but I always felt that they could use a extra buff here and there to make them actually worthwhile. Not enough to make them meta but fun enough to get creative with silly builds. I don't need to biggest dps. but I don't want to feel like I am wasting a 5 piece either.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tormentor could use a little buff now that part of it's functionality is a base game feature.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassin's Guile - I really want to like this set. I really do, but the performance is just so... meh... I mean, you do fight RNG to get the poison to fire, and the poison just doesn't pack enough punch to make it worth it when it does. Maybe reducing the length it adds to 2 seconds down from 4 seconds, but adding a 100% increase to the potency of the poison?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FayJolyn wrote: »
    I always liked sets like veiled heritance, skooma smuggler, ember shield, vampire lord, light's speaker, senche's bite, oblivion's foe. as they all have a niche potential use but I always felt that they could use a extra buff here and there to make them actually worthwhile. Not enough to make them meta but fun enough to get creative with silly builds. I don't need to biggest dps. but I don't want to feel like I am wasting a 5 piece either.

Vampire lord, vampire cloak, doylemesh, clever Alchemist, smuggler, just a few to be named that need serious love.