The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motifs: Dreadsail and Ascendent, Crown Store Showcase Bug?

Zyva
Zyva
✭✭✭✭✭
So something is up here, and not sure if anyone has said anything yet.

The crownstore showcase announced that the Ascendent Motif was going to be out, and drop from coral Aerie.

Instead, the Dreadsail motif is dropping from Shipwright, no announcement, and no Ascendent from coral Aerie. Though it is in the crownstore.

To add to the confusion, the achievements say this: Dreadsail is supposed to drop from Coral Aerie, and Ascendent from Shipwright.

Is this why it is bugged? Does ZOS know its swapped? IS it a bug, or just a textual error?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 9 September 2022 18:38
Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Dreadsail is supposed to drop from Shipwright and Ascendent from Coral Aerie because it matches the motif of the armor that the dungeon drops, respectfully. This is wildly confusing communication though.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was about to post this in the Bug Report forum.

Quite surprised to get Dreadsail Shield motif yesterday when I was looking for Ascendant Order pages.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thread should not have been moved to players helping players lol. Thank you for all the pictures! That was more effort than I wanted to put in.

I'm pretty sure since the styles match, that its a textual issue and simply no one caught it. Then they flipped a switch for the wrong dungeon because of that error. But I guess we will see when they fix it because its confusing a lot of people and making them waste time.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    That thread should not have been moved to players helping players lol. Thank you for all the pictures! That was more effort than I wanted to put in.

I'm pretty sure since the styles match, that its a textual issue and simply no one caught it. Then they flipped a switch for the wrong dungeon because of that error. But I guess we will see when they fix it because its confusing a lot of people and making them waste time.

Well, they still haven’t fixed it so I guess it’s not important enough to ZOS?