Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Arms Pack Mask Drop Conditions/Boosts Clarified

Goldtistic
Goldtistic
✭✭
I receive multiple conflicting statements from people and just reading the newsposts, regarding the monster set helmet motifs from specific dungeons during their respective Arms Packs, like the Prior Thierric motif at the moment. About their droprates, I don't expect a numerical drop chance, but how does it... work? I've seen people say that you only have to have the hardmode achievement finished, and with account-wide achievements you have an account-wide bonus to your drop chance, permanently for the helm motif. I've seen others say that the helmet motif droprate is only increased for the hardmode run, and there's no increased dropchance after that, only for hardmode runs. Which one is it? I am seriously confused. Just wanted to ask this before I start grinding out Red Petal Bastion hardmodes.
Edited by Goldtistic on 20 May 2022 16:10
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think it has anything to do with the achievement, pretty sure the current dungeon run must be vet HM for the increased drop chance
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand it, there's a (low) base chance for the style page to drop on vet. It won't drop on normal.

If you have the achievement for the HM, it doubles the low chance to something that's... still low, but higher than before. You don't need to run it on HM every time.

According to the first article ZOS put out on these, speedrun/nodeath/trifecta achievements affect the drop rate. Only the HM.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26451
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it, there's a (low) base chance for the style page to drop on vet. It won't drop on normal.

If you have the achievement for the HM, it doubles the low chance to something that's... still low, but higher than before. You don't need to run it on HM every time.

According to the first article ZOS put out on these, speedrun/nodeath/trifecta achievements affect the drop rate. Only the HM.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26451

if they didnt change anything from 4 years ago, then it would just require getting the achievement for HM at least once to have improved chances
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mask has 2.5% to drop. If u have Achievement for HM it doubles to 5%.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty clear, kill last boss maybe get style page.