The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I am officially retired from PVP. I'm done fighting DKs...

• BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bomber ganker werewolf nightblade warden sorc DK templar wearing Dark Convergence, Zaans, Elf Bane, Crimson Twilight and Earthgore killed me using Molten Armaments, Snipe, Poison injection, Shade, Cloak, Incap, Steel Tornado, Sub Attack, Brawler, Stone Fist, Jabs, while overhealing and using shields in a ball group with a trebuchet. I'm going to quit PVP until this is fixed.

How about we just make PVP a bunch of naked characters with no weapons and no skills.

Actually I love dying in pvp when I know it's fair. When I have 30k stam and have to burn through it living the first wave just to spend another 7k stam breaking free and roll dodgeing. Then livng the second wave, and when I am near zero, dying because their ult is back up blocking the dk leap and whip. Just to have them fossilize me and then not have the 7k again after ....it's a one way road of BS.

Youre on the the class that hard counters dk's, Templar's have the best toolkit in pvp atm and sorry to say its a "learn to play" issue imo, saying you're no longer pvping because of Dk's when youre on a templar is sad.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I always hated fighting DK's, but each time I fought one I learned a lesson or two with what not to do, and the first thing I learned was not to roll dodge excessively or I'd stam lock.

Be persistent, it pays off.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Oh no, the second most powerful class in the game with my meta build doesn't match up as well against the first most powerful class in the game using meta builds, for the short time between now and the next patch, whatever will I do?

Stamplar not magplar
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    The bomber ganker werewolf nightblade warden sorc DK templar wearing Dark Convergence, Zaans, Elf Bane, Crimson Twilight and Earthgore killed me using Molten Armaments, Snipe, Poison injection, Shade, Cloak, Incap, Steel Tornado, Sub Attack, Brawler, Stone Fist, Jabs, while overhealing and using shields in a ball group with a trebuchet. I'm going to quit PVP until this is fixed.

How about we just make PVP a bunch of naked characters with no weapons and no skills.

Actually I love dying in pvp when I know it's fair. When I have 30k stam and have to burn through it living the first wave just to spend another 7k stam breaking free and roll dodgeing. Then livng the second wave, and when I am near zero, dying because their ult is back up blocking the dk leap and whip. Just to have them fossilize me and then not have the 7k again after ....it's a one way road of BS.

Youre on the the class that hard counters dk's, Templar's have the best toolkit in pvp atm and sorry to say its a "learn to play" issue imo, saying you're no longer pvping because of Dk's when youre on a templar is sad.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I always hated fighting DK's, but each time I fought one I learned a lesson or two with what not to do, and the first thing I learned was not to roll dodge excessively or I'd stam lock.

Be persistent, it pays off.

You are right. If I want to be a magplar I shouldn't have a problem. Throw those expensive magic skills into rotation and I am good but I am a stamplar. Unless ZoS comes in and says it's a mag only class. I will continue to play Stamplar.

It's not persistance. Its me realizing that all my sets are worthless and the nail in the coffin comes next patch. That with DK will be unstoppable. Nerfs won't matter.

Like I said I play ONLY BGs. whatever you all do to counteract the problems in CP don't work.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trpajzla wrote: »
    One thing fascinates me. Somebody quit PVP just now and needed write about it on forum. I quit PVP after the first week because (with all the respect) ESO has the worst PVP in the gaming industry.
    Bugged, lagged, underdeveloped, exploited, unbalanced, overcomplicated and boring, just to name the main issues.

Interesting.. theres actually few bugs, 0 lag, decently developed and few exploits, yes wildly unbalanced and overcomplicated which is not boring.

I think you need to revisit pvp and take a closer look as your wrong about 90% of what you said.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdk sustain got nerfed good, but their dmg did not and imo the main issue is their dmg and selfheals (altho some of their selfheals did get adjusted just dont know if it is gonna be enough)

Nerf molten whip some and possibly take a look at corrosive armor its way overtuned imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Oh no, the second most powerful class in the game with my meta build doesn't match up as well against the first most powerful class in the game using meta builds, for the short time between now and the next patch, whatever will I do?

Stamplar not magplar

Ah, my apologies - I didn't know stamina and magicka were classes.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    I got killed by something in PvP, so now it should be nerfed.

I don't know you but I love you. Made my day.
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Magdk sustain got nerfed good, but their dmg did not and imo the main issue is their dmg and selfheals (altho some of their selfheals did get adjusted just dont know if it is gonna be enough)

Nerf molten whip some and possibly take a look at corrosive armor its way overtuned imo.

Corrosive armor is absolutely Insane. absolutely no way it should let you just completely ignore player armor.
    Is there literally any other skill that just lets you completely invalidate your opponent's choices like that?
    Negate is the closest I can think of but 1) you can still use stam skills in it and 2) you can just move out of it.
    Negate is even nerfed specifically for PVP since it doesn't stun players it only silences them.

If they wanted to make Corrosive Armor fair they could have it apply major breach to enemies that hit you or something like that. The current implementation is absolutely [snip].

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 23 May 2022 18:06
  • deleted220614-000183
    sinnereso wrote: »
    One thing fascinates me. Somebody quit PVP just now and needed write about it on forum. I quit PVP after the first week because (with all the respect) ESO has the worst PVP in the gaming industry.
    Bugged, lagged, underdeveloped, exploited, unbalanced, overcomplicated and boring, just to name the main issues.

Interesting.. theres actually few bugs, 0 lag, decently developed and few exploits, yes wildly unbalanced and overcomplicated which is not boring.

I think you need to revisit pvp and take a closer look as your wrong about 90% of what you said.

Oh really ?
    PVP in MMORPG is always tricky business as PVE develops during the time and new features are implemented, weapons and armors are more powerful and players are on higher levels.
    This is normal in all MMORPGs.
    The challenge is keep it under control in PVP as older players are way too strong and new are way too weak and mechanism must exist so the new ones are able to catch up quickly.
    This needs very fine tuning to the last detail and needs fresh ideas and permanent care..
    But ZOS doesn't care at all , only after outrage of most of the players they start to do something, still behind and still only reactive as they don't have their game under control.. Oh, I'm not mentioning they are unable to keep their hardware running properly as well and sometimes it takes me 5 seconds just to use wayshrine and teleport.
    In more intensive PVP I have 90 percent probability that ability is delayed and 50 percent probability it is not cast at all.
    Is it OK ? I don't think I need revisit PVP, especially not in ESO.

Edited by deleted220614-000183 on 23 May 2022 17:06
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some weeks ago, it was a pretty good balance of people.Now it's just DK, DK, DK.

I play a Stamplar Redguard as my main. Things seemed balanced, but now it's just fossilize , leap, whip while you are still flying in the air. Or some type of that combo. Leap, whip...then when the person finally get's their health back using their resources fossilize because their regen isn't fast enough to get to the 7k needed to move. Then whip them as they are bent down on their knees helpless.

The counterplay is probably brand new sets. Ones I don't have access to. Can't use break free, can't use roll dodge, You'll be dead if you do both at the same time any ways if not you'll be out of resources. 9k whips, surviving jesus beans at 10% health, Leaps that knock people into the air and let them whip you while in the air. THIS IS WHY KNOCKBACK WAS REMOVED FROM DIZZY SWING!!! BRING IT BACK!!

YOU REMOVED THE SIT DOWN FROM SHARDS!! YOU REMOVED HEALING FROM RITUAL OF RETRIBUTION YET ONLY CLEANSES 2 DEBUFFS, IT STILL COSTS 4k+, ....

I have to ask...why the hell is templar...a gank? It's truly an NB of light....

1. Crouch down
    2. wait
    3. Put light on
    4. gap close
    5. sweep
    6. jab jab jab

You can't face attack them...A class with a close range spammable...cant face fight their enemies... if you don't get the drop...you don't win...at that point why not I play NB?
    DK face fights easily and they have dots to place where they can disengage from and heal. Then you give them CORROSIVE ARMOR...SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TEMPLARS SKILL...

You nerfed major protection from one of the of sweeps...THEN REMOVED IT!!

It's so funny because when I go on DK I wipe out everybody. It feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.

GREEN DRAGON BLOOD MAJOR ENDURANCE, MAJOR VITALITY.....stacking with 2h RALLY, CORROSIVE ARMOR...

and your solution is guess what? Oakensoul....

Saddest part is, I removed Extended Ritual. I tell all you templars right now it's worthless. Especially as a stamplar. The DOTs come right back....all you can do is become like a NB. Trying to get in explode and get out before you die..but at that point why not just play Stamblade? You even get cloak!!

Oh and single target damage which isn't nerfed by 20% due to Major Evasion....

I have a solution. Return roots back to templar. place it in the light.

If not I'll be enjoying my PVP retirement. Let the paid folk get satisfaction on stalemates as each of them try to out do each other with oaken soul just to find out it's like playing nerf guns. Of course zos will make lvl 10s fight cp 2000s to make them feel better and more powerful.

man, cyrodiil is just DK DK DK, TEMPLAR TEMPLAR TEMPLAR, DK, TEMPLAR, SORC SORC SORC, DK, TEMPLAR, SORC.

depending witch faction you're fighting.
    #cyro2022

If only zenimax could balance all classes, so people would use all in same amount and the game would be even more fun :)
    up NB
    up Necro
    re-up warden (but not too much plz)

Edited by Xarc on 23 May 2022 17:08
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    I got killed by something in PvP, so now it should be nerfed.

Your wish will come true.
  • deleted220614-000183
    Xarc wrote: »
    If only zenimax could balance all classes, so people would use all in same amount and the game would be even more fun :)

But I explained couple of posts above they are not able to do so.
    Why ? Because as I said, it means a lot of work, more specifically manual work and even more specifically highly qualified manual work. You don't expect it from the game which depends on 3rd party addons, do you ?

PVP in ESO is one big mess,.
    What are they doing is waiting for outrage of the most players, then nerf what is the most OP and buff something new, so they are buying time until people adapt and change their gear/skills/builds to the new specification and everythings repeats again.

It takes couple of weeks or months but it is inevitable as all the PVP is more or less out of control.

Some people like it as they like to spent hundreds of hours to be OP for their five minutes of glory
    but most people hate it.

I wish I could have one build, don't change anything and after year of inactivity it would be still good and balanced build able to play everything I played before.

This is how PVP should be treated by developers.

Edited by deleted220614-000183 on 23 May 2022 17:46
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unable to =/= Unwilling to

Zos is capable but is unwilling to put in the Man hours to really balance the game, which is why we're getting a Card Game instead of something useful in content.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

I wish I could have one build, don't change anything and after year of inactivity it would be still good and balanced build able to play everything I played before.

Main reason I took a break was performance. 2nd reason was this. Tired of changing builds on all my toons every patch or every other patch. It's just.... old.
    Edited by McTaterskins on 23 May 2022 18:04
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno, isn't more boring to have the same exact setup for years and years?

I think Zos needs to do something to evolve the overall combat in ESO, but they'd have to really break some things to do that
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    I dunno, isn't more boring to have the same exact setup for years and years?

I think Zos needs to do something to evolve the overall combat in ESO, but they'd have to really break some things to do that

It's a fair point. But every 3 months or less? Gets pretty old pretty quick for those of us that don't play 10hrs a day.

Pretty sure I'm not the only pvp'er in the same boat in regards to not having the time to constantly farm gold, gear, and materials to feed the mouths of multiple characters. Multiple characters spawned from constant balance shifting, I would add.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing PvP in this game for nearly 7 years and there has NEVER been an imbalance in classes like we are currently experiencing. Over the last month or two I've seen the population shift from a pretty fairly distributed representation of all the classes to 75% of the total pop at any given time being on DK's. Even bash Cro's weren't this over represented when they came out.
    I can't really blame the people using them, of course everyone wants to experience the power fantasy when they keep seeing solo Mdk's that can stand their ground to fight 7 people at the same time and win or groups of 3-4 Mdk's able to infinitely sponge damage from 25 people yet still have enough offense to get a kill in one GCD. If I had an Mdk leveled I'd likely have jumped on the bandwagon too.
    But having so many people playing on the same class and using the same rotation/gear IS boring. The average TTK on solo and group players has increased exponentially as more and more switch to them. It's gotten to the point where all three factions will be pop-locked but nothing happens on the map for 20-30 minutes at a time because it takes a full faction stack to take anything. (The exception being optimized 12 player ball groups that can go anywhere, take anything and indefinitely survive ANY amount of people attacking them no matter what skills, sets or siege are used against them, but that's a whole other issue).
    Edited by Thecompton73 on 23 May 2022 20:30
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Besides DKs and Necromancers running Dark Convergence, (jewelry and weapons, not the actual light armor pieces), does anyone else PVP in this game?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs are busted and need to be knocked down a few thousand pegs
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    cyrodil needs non pvp or.
    a non touch passive setting for non pvp players..
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid for DKs this year. They going to get hit, but how hard?

I've played a magplar for 7 years pvp. My observations, are that the class is weak because of lack of burst opportunity. Your forced to committing to damage, while other classes can hit a offensive skill, hit defensive, hit offensive, hit defensive.

Forces us to have to build super tanks to survive while we're on offensive. The defensive building is not for our back bar while we're are hitting honor. We have to be comfortable with our health dipping low, swapping and healing. To give an example, I used to have an absolute glass canon ranged setup for my magplar, I could defend all day against one or two moderate skilled players, but catch me on my offensive bar and I'm sweating!

Other classes don't seem to have the issue that templars have.

Having said all that...sweeps/ jabs? Two of the hardest hitting skills in the game. My 7 heavy pariah AND gaze setup has my sweeps sitting at 4.5k tooltip. That's 19k tooltip with one proc of burning light...on a defensive build...that's freaking crazy.

I would advise you to build super tank, and take out defense as you feel you need it. Swapping gaze for malacath for example. Also make sure you use the right skills for ur combo. Power of the light is ok, but maybe spitting out more jabs is better than a global on potl and using an execute instead?

Wall of text so sorry
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Right there with you, they just tank, block and out heal a full damage build until they get leap and whip you to death before you can controll your character.
    Speaking of leap I've been saying its the most OVERTUNED bs in the game (despite them nerfing other abilities they considered overturned)
    - Gap closer
    - Cheap
    - knock up/down
    - Aoe
    - Cant dodge
    - Hits hard
    - can't Block cause it stuns and kills you before the animation goes off
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good! It’s about time they got love. After playing PvP for 6 years, I’ve realized with each patch there is a new meta. Keep playing.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's are stupidly overpowered. The best example of total imbalance since the DoT fiasco.

Not sure the 'nerf' is going to make the major difference most people seem to think it will.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing PvP in this game for nearly 7 years and there has NEVER been an imbalance in classes like we are currently experiencing. Over the last month or two I've seen the population shift from a pretty fairly distributed representation of all the classes to 75% of the total pop at any given time being on DK's. Even bash Cro's weren't this over represented when they came out.

Not on my server, there have been worse imbalances before. MagSorcs right before their nerf at Murkmire, PetSorcs for a while longer after that, and MagPlars during the one-patch DoT meta. During these times these classes were at least as overrepresented and overpowered as mDK may be now. Yeah I know, MagSorcs have never killed a good player because all of their skills can be blocked and roll-dodged, sure.

Edited by Urzigurumash on 24 May 2022 08:27
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's are grossly OP in PvP right now. That's why there has been such an explosion of players swapping to DK in the last few months. It is time to re-balance the DK's some as a result.
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't played ESO for a while..recently returned, doing BGs and..well, I'm sitting on my NB and it's not that bad, sometimes even good, but I can't say that I like how tanky everyone is nowadays...I really want ZOS to do smth about it and yeah, DKs in the right hands is like a god mode.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some weeks ago, it was a pretty good balance of people.Now it's just DK, DK, DK.

I play a Stamplar Redguard as my main. Things seemed balanced, but now it's just fossilize , leap, whip while you are still flying in the air. Or some type of that combo. Leap, whip...then when the person finally get's their health back using their resources fossilize because their regen isn't fast enough to get to the 7k needed to move. Then whip them as they are bent down on their knees helpless.

The counterplay is probably brand new sets. Ones I don't have access to. Can't use break free, can't use roll dodge, You'll be dead if you do both at the same time any ways if not you'll be out of resources. 9k whips, surviving jesus beans at 10% health, Leaps that knock people into the air and let them whip you while in the air. THIS IS WHY KNOCKBACK WAS REMOVED FROM DIZZY SWING!!! BRING IT BACK!!

YOU REMOVED THE SIT DOWN FROM SHARDS!! YOU REMOVED HEALING FROM RITUAL OF RETRIBUTION YET ONLY CLEANSES 2 DEBUFFS, IT STILL COSTS 4k+, ....

1. Crouch down
    2. wait
    3. Put light on
    4. gap close
    5. sweep
    6. jab jab jab

You can't face attack them...A class with a close range spammable...cant face fight their enemies... if you don't get the drop...you don't win...at that point why not I play NB?
    DK face fights easily and they have dots to place where they can disengage from and heal. Then you give them CORROSIVE ARMOR...SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TEMPLARS SKILL...

It's so funny because when I go on DK I wipe out everybody. It feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.

GREEN DRAGON BLOOD MAJOR ENDURANCE, MAJOR VITALITY.....stacking with 2h RALLY, CORROSIVE ARMOR...

Saddest part is, I removed Extended Ritual. I tell all you templars right now it's worthless. Especially as a stamplar. The DOTs come right back....all you can do is become like a NB. Trying to get in explode and get out before you die..but at that point why not just play Stamblade? You even get cloak!!

If not I'll be enjoying my PVP retirement. Let the paid folk get satisfaction on stalemates as each of them try to out do each other with oaken soul just to find out it's like playing nerf guns. Of course zos will make lvl 10s fight cp 2000s to make them feel better and more powerful.

man, cyrodiil is just DK DK DK, TEMPLAR TEMPLAR TEMPLAR, DK, TEMPLAR, SORC SORC SORC, DK, TEMPLAR, SORC.

#cyro2022

up NB
    up Necro

You forgot necros who are doing all the dcon bombing... Hey we've nearly covered every class as being dominant! Maybe they're slightly more balanced than you realize
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK has always been popular, but it seems even more popular lately... I recently saw a 6-7 player group composed entirely of DKs, it was both funny and scary at the same time :lol:
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »

1. Crouch down
    2. wait
    3. Put light on
    4. gap close
    5. sweep
    6. jab jab jab

#cyro2022

up NB
    up Necro

You forgot necros who are doing all the dcon bombing... Hey we've nearly covered every class as being dominant! Maybe they're slightly more balanced than you realize

That's not the necro class doing that though. It's the god mode Dark Convergence set that is being run by everyone because the proc cheese set it so grossly OP.

Kind of the rule of thumb is if you see 50% + of everyone in PvP swapping to the same class or the same set, that class or that set is out of balance and needs some adjusting.