The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am officially retired from PVP. I'm done fighting DKs...

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
Some weeks ago, it was a pretty good balance of people.Now it's just DK, DK, DK.

I play a Stamplar Redguard as my main. Things seemed balanced, but now it's just fossilize , leap, whip while you are still flying in the air. Or some type of that combo. Leap, whip...then when the person finally get's their health back using their resources fossilize because their regen isn't fast enough to get to the 7k needed to move. Then whip them as they are bent down on their knees helpless.

The counterplay is probably brand new sets. Ones I don't have access to. Can't use break free, can't use roll dodge, You'll be dead if you do both at the same time any ways if not you'll be out of resources. 9k whips, surviving jesus beans at 10% health, Leaps that knock people into the air and let them whip you while in the air. THIS IS WHY KNOCKBACK WAS REMOVED FROM DIZZY SWING!!! BRING IT BACK!!

YOU REMOVED THE SIT DOWN FROM SHARDS!! YOU REMOVED HEALING FROM RITUAL OF RETRIBUTION YET ONLY CLEANSES 2 DEBUFFS, IT STILL COSTS 4k+, ....

I have to ask...why the hell is templar...a gank? It's truly an NB of light....

1. Crouch down
2. wait
3. Put light on
4. gap close
5. sweep
6. jab jab jab

You can't face attack them...A class with a close range spammable...cant face fight their enemies... if you don't get the drop...you don't win...at that point why not I play NB?
DK face fights easily and they have dots to place where they can disengage from and heal. Then you give them CORROSIVE ARMOR...SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TEMPLARS SKILL...

You nerfed major protection from one of the of sweeps...THEN REMOVED IT!!

It's so funny because when I go on DK I wipe out everybody. It feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.

GREEN DRAGON BLOOD MAJOR ENDURANCE, MAJOR VITALITY.....stacking with 2h RALLY, CORROSIVE ARMOR...

and your solution is guess what? Oakensoul....

Saddest part is, I removed Extended Ritual. I tell all you templars right now it's worthless. Especially as a stamplar. The DOTs come right back....all you can do is become like a NB. Trying to get in explode and get out before you die..but at that point why not just play Stamblade? You even get cloak!!

Oh and single target damage which isn't nerfed by 20% due to Major Evasion....

I have a solution. Return roots back to templar. place it in the light.

If not I'll be enjoying my PVP retirement. Let the paid folk get satisfaction on stalemates as each of them try to out do each other with oaken soul just to find out it's like playing nerf guns. Of course zos will make lvl 10s fight cp 2000s to make them feel better and more powerful.
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    All those dks won’t be able to sustain those builds next patch. If they want to keep playing dk they’ll have to build into sustain so less damage etc. they won’t be as prevalent next patch. They’ll all switch to werewolves tho so that’ll be fun.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=442257 - simple straight forward templar build, OP heals and so much pressure with mighty Jabs, as stamplar while so much DK's suck I understand you should be able to play to game well and then some. I hope it helps.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah Zos Gutted DK sustain for High Isle so you might be ok. But they'll still hit like a truck and be Tanky as hell
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got killed by something in PvP, so now it should be nerfed.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what is your build? Do you play CP/Proc or No-CP/Proc? My Stamplar can 1v1 DKs fairly well. I play No-CP/Proc PVP and Battlegrounds. All of my gear can be obtained without DLC, and only 1 set has to be purchased through a merchant if you don't have the DLC. @Redguards_Revenge
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=442257 - simple straight forward templar build, OP heals and so much pressure with mighty Jabs, as stamplar while so much DK's suck I understand you should be able to play to game well and then some. I hope it helps.

I think you missed the part where I said I don't have access to the new things. Good try though. If it's working for you.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what is your build? Do you play CP/Proc or No-CP/Proc? My Stamplar can 1v1 DKs fairly well. I play No-CP/Proc PVP and Battlegrounds. All of my gear can be obtained without DLC, and only 1 set has to be purchased through a merchant if you don't have the DLC. @Redguards_Revenge

What is your build? I only play in BGs.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you missed the part where I said I don't have access to the new things. Good try though. If it's working for you.

What exactly are "new things" to you? Because that setup is mainly made of very old sets and you can easily replace the 1/2 Monster set with another that provides the same or similar buffs. Not to mention that everyone has access to shoulder pieces because even if you don't have new DLC you can buy the shoulders from the Undaunted key merchants.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »

I don't think I ever called for a nerf. In fact I called for a buff. I am not even sure you can read this since you obviously didn't read my firsrt post. Oh and this isn't an attack, you know and I know it's the truth.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

What exactly are "new things" to you? Because that setup is mainly made of very old sets and you can easily replace the 1/2 Monster set with another that provides the same or similar buffs. Not to mention that everyone has access to shoulder pieces because even if you don't have new DLC you can buy the shoulders from the Undaunted key merchants.

Probably Malacaths. Because you need Greymoor for Antiquities. But that can still be replace with something else. Like a Full Monster Set.

• Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think I ever called for a nerf. In fact I called for a buff. I am not even sure you can read this since you obviously didn't read my firsrt post. Oh and this isn't an attack, you know and I know it's the truth.

Uhh you're entire post is complaining about DKs. Which is fair. But you are also complaining that the #2 spot isn't as strong as the #1 spot. Personally, Templars are fine. DKs got Nerfed. Wardens though, especially Magden, could use something. Not a single good stun to keep us in the race.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Probably Malacaths. Because you need Greymoor for Antiquities. But that can still be replace with something else. Like a Full Monster Set.

Exactly. Malacath's is by no means mandatory for a build. Deadly is a basegame set and Pariah is ancient and can be bought on guild stores. My guess is they saw that new monster set and jumped the gun thinking it was a 2/2 setup, which is understandable. Malacath's is almost two years old now at this point and the only other DLC you need for it is Orsinium I think, so it made me wonder what is considered "new" in this context.
    The Blackrose DW is probably the most "mandatory" part of this build because it's your source of 6% unnamed mitigation + Major Evasion but Murkmire was free DLC back in the day and is older than even Elsweyr. I'd still consider it the most inaccessible part of this build though.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭

I need to try Pariah on my stamplar. That is the one set I haven't given a go, because I have to gold out the jewelry.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like Cyro is basically DKs & Necro DC bombers.... and nothing else lol :joy:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 19 May 2022 23:01
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is in a pretty solid spot right now(ofc it's just magplar with less healing), your best bet at dealing with DKs is to run Wretched Vitality as it allows the plar to have solid sustain while being either defensive or offensive. Don't go overboard with clease spamming use it to only try and get rid of important debuffs like Draugrkin, Zaan and Toxic Barrage, keep up vigor & living dark, sit in your rune focus and you should be pretty tanky.

Edited by dinokstrunz on 20 May 2022 02:12
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DtOG wrote: »
    All those dks won’t be able to sustain those builds next patch. If they want to keep playing dk they’ll have to build into sustain so less damage etc. they won’t be as prevalent next patch. They’ll all switch to werewolves tho so that’ll be fun.

So I guess I better get my DK into Cyrodiil quick. He has been sitting idle for a few years other than getting to tier one from time to time for the stones. I decided two weeks ago to go ahead and upgrade him and spend more time with him in Cyrodiil. I even golded out the jewelry and everything so I better get hopping if I want to get my golds worth out of him.

Usually I am on a magicka Templar.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=446709

@Redguards_Revenge

This is the build I spoke of, there are a couple of spots that flex really easy. This is how I play it though! Sorry for the slow response, life is busy. lol
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pvp magplar and don't feel much of an issue 1v1 with a dk. I actually find a good NB is more difficult. On a magplar I just focus on HoTs and survival until their combo is done, then I front bar and combo back. Works pretty well actually 🤷‍♂️
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    DtOG wrote: »

They still will
  • deleted220614-000183
    One thing fascinates me. Somebody quit PVP just now and needed write about it on forum. I quit PVP after the first week because (with all the respect) ESO has the worst PVP in the gaming industry.
    Bugged, lagged, underdeveloped, exploited, unbalanced, overcomplicated and boring, just to name the main issues.
    Edited by deleted220614-000183 on 20 May 2022 07:35
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next patch use resource drain poisons against DKs, just to rub it in.
    Edited by wheresbes on 20 May 2022 08:27
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to be able to beat every MagDK in a 1v1 to enjoy PVP. There's many playstyles and they all come with their own strengths and weaknesses (eg aoe bombers farm more kills and AP than any sweaty small scale group but will still be useless 1v1). I personally don't think MagDKs are OP but they do frustrate you into questioning the value of your time and ultimate. The players with the damage to burst through a MagDK generally prefer to use their ultimate on zergling clumps/balls which give better clips/ap/kills etc. No good bomber is spending 500 ulti just to kill a pair of MagDKs when they can easily kill 10+ zerglings after deathporting from such boring stalemated encounters.

It's essentially playing a class just to frustrate people into letting you kill them so they can move on to more interesting things. And be relatively safe in the knowledge that the few that can actually kill you will bother to waste their ulti to do so. This is not really unique to MagDK either. Many classes have frustration mechanics that you can't really deal with unless you have single target burst or gap closers.

I'm close to quitting PVP too but that's just due to the lack of fights on the map in Cyrodiil. You'd think with all the complaints about classes being OP that the people flocking to the meta would want to actually siege/PVP/defend but clearly that's not the case.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Deadly, BloodSpawn, Pariah, Wood Elf, Sustain Mundus, Sugar Skulls - you should be able to kill a lot and have OP heals with your cleanse and honor of the death with the high magica pool with sugar skulls. Use spell dmg glyphs on your jewerly infused if you can.

Edited by WoppaBoem on 20 May 2022 10:39
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is pretty much the problem with the nerf/buff cycle. Its one of the things that killed Destiny and its not good for this game either.

What everyone needs to ask themselves to put these people in perspective is: "Is there anything you would ENJOY getting killed by in PVP?" The answer is going to be a resounding "NO."

In which case, you see the REAL issue there. [snip]

[edited for minor baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 20 May 2022 17:20
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bomber ganker werewolf nightblade warden sorc DK templar wearing Dark Convergence, Zaans, Elf Bane, Crimson Twilight and Earthgore killed me using Molten Armaments, Snipe, Poison injection, Shade, Cloak, Incap, Steel Tornado, Sub Attack, Brawler, Stone Fist, Jabs, while overhealing and using shields in a ball group with a trebuchet. I'm going to quit PVP until this is fixed.

How about we just make PVP a bunch of naked characters with no weapons and no skills.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, the second most powerful class in the game with my meta build doesn't match up as well against the first most powerful class in the game using meta builds, for the short time between now and the next patch, whatever will I do?
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it.

They still will[/quote]

• Lazuli
    Lazuli
    ✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating, I hope they nerf them even more 😂😂
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=446709

@Redguards_Revenge

This is the build I spoke of, there are a couple of spots that flex really easy. This is how I play it though! Sorry for the slow response, life is busy. lol

Ok the trainee 1 piece is new to me...I actually sold my spriggan gold ring and necklace for like 3 M or so. Let's face it though the health and weapon damage can be solved by changing to orc...something I don't want to do but redguard has nothing.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bomber ganker werewolf nightblade warden sorc DK templar wearing Dark Convergence, Zaans, Elf Bane, Crimson Twilight and Earthgore killed me using Molten Armaments, Snipe, Poison injection, Shade, Cloak, Incap, Steel Tornado, Sub Attack, Brawler, Stone Fist, Jabs, while overhealing and using shields in a ball group with a trebuchet. I'm going to quit PVP until this is fixed.

How about we just make PVP a bunch of naked characters with no weapons and no skills.

Actually I love dying in pvp when I know it's fair. When I have 30k stam and have to burn through it living the first wave just to spend another 7k stam breaking free and roll dodgeing. Then livng the second wave, and when I am near zero, dying because their ult is back up blocking the dk leap and whip. Just to have them fossilize me and then not have the 7k again after ....it's a one way road of BS. No ccounterplay. 8 seconds to get the stam used to live the first wave and second wave assault. If not fossilized. Siting there no stam on my knees looking at the floor getting whipped....

Out sustained. Out healed. Out damaged. oud defensed. There is no point where I am like "you got me but I could possibly do this next time"

It's just known death. It reminds me of the time wardens were using that broken build with vatesheran....that was nerfed thank goodness. I found a build to beat that one by the way. Never got to use it though. Then they nerfed the major buffs and it was a useless build. Now that they got this hybridization thing back, it might be viable again.

I can't wait to challenge those running oakensoul with it. Now that I know more about DK, this build would make me an unkillable God.
    Hmm oakensoul can be put on DK...that's a problem....It would be inferior.

Well time to NB my templar, try to throw everything into damage. Crouch...wait for the right time to attack and blast and pray.
    Edited by Redguards_Revenge on 20 May 2022 23:02