The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you ever prank your friends/guildmates in-game?

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Things like throwing mudballs, leaving mystery meat in front of them, or unique pranks to you! If you do, what's your favorite? If you don't, why not?

Do you ever prank your friends/guildmates in-game? 61 votes

Yes, we're always goofing around
14%
Othniel327PlagueSDStevieKingslayerEnemy-of-ColdharbourStaniaSeminolegirl1992SickleCiderLoneStar2911Hapexamendios 9 votes
Yes, sometimes
16%
Dean340proprio.meb16_ESODaiKahnDragonRacerfizl101NordSwordnBoardWiseSkyDragonreduxSianTamzinLazuli 10 votes
Yes, but rarely
11%
DanikatguulMEBengalsFan2001ArielSiraspartaxoxoaurorableJamie_Aubrey 7 votes
No, I don't like pranks
29%
chessalavakia_ESOBelegnoleKhenarthiOlauronSilverBrideRagnarok0130captainwolfosLadyHeloiseKiralyn2000KlauthWarthogAVaelhamjoergingerbmnoblevibebornKaGaOriAzuraFanCheyenneFenris_Arainai 18 votes
No, I don't mind pranks, I'm just not doing them
14%
dmnqwkLumsdenmlKalik_GoldStratlocDirtyDeeds765LashanWLalMirchiDreamyLuEozZoe1989 9 votes
Other/IDK
13%
KallykatWyrd88AardappelboomEccentric_VampireDagenHawkFeedbackOnlyArthturRBAP28 8 votes
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely
    My favorite prank is sometimes I used to send my friends a message like they had sold an item in the guild stores. But instead of coin, it was something like potatoes or a gift.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like pranks
    I'm not huge on pranks tbh, and I would probably feel bad if I did them, nor have I had pranks happen to me in game
    but each to their own :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guild leaders asked us each to mail the other guild leader one fish. I provided a fair bit of extra fish for any guildie who wanted to send one.

My favorite prank done to me was one year during the Anniversary Jubilee when I was doing the Alikr Dolmen grind, someone kept putting their cake down on top of the dolmen chest. Zone chat was so salty, but I got such a laugh from it every time I ate more cake!
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other/IDK
    I complain 24/7. I dont know if this counts xD

Well usually i invite my friend to the group telling him that we gonna have fun and then take him to Duo some Vet DLC Dungeons...
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Things like throwing mudballs, leaving mystery meat in front of them

You would fit in perfectly with The Ninja Squirrels on PC-NA. :D
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely
    Things like throwing mudballs, leaving mystery meat in front of them

You would fit in perfectly with The Ninja Squirrels on PC-NA. :D

Alas, I am on console. But I can be a secret squirrel, invisible in your roster. Never actually seeming to comment or interact with anyone. XD
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 17 May 2022 19:19
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are known to play mud ball tag. :D

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sometimes
    I throw mudballs or something similar at my friends and guildmates.

One of my guildmates sends us a "bill" based on how many soul gems he used during a trial run.

One of my friends also sets up traps around his house and uses me and others as his test subjects so see if we live or not.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely
    Sometimes, when an oppertunity comes up.

I have one on-going prank in the form of a treasure chest in the garden of one of my houses, positioned to look like a real one out in the world. I know it's caught out a couple of people who forgot for a second that they're in a house and tried to open it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other/IDK
    Yes once...

But the police were called and I had a long talk about appropriate behavior and was made to promise to never do it again...

What?

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other/IDK
    I get pranked on
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was given the self proclaimed title of Supreme Grandmaster Mudballer.
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    Other/IDK
    Type /camp in crowded area. Say its a new emote everyone just got for free . Watch people disappear.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely
    I only do this to two guildmates I know well but at times I'd go to their primary house and turn off all lights. Sometimes they do it back at my place, it's nice knowing they visited.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other/IDK
    Mud ball is best for surprised pranks
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like to add a bright or murky crystal to a trade window. The weapon drop, plan or whatever they want is there, sometimes they don't even notice. Once, about a week later, I saw someone link it in guild chat and ask what it was for. I was tickled pink! Waiting for a payoff that may never come made it so worth it! I think they have or are soon updating the text, which is sort of a bummer for me.
    Danikat wrote: »
    Sometimes, when an oppertunity comes up.

I have one on-going prank in the form of a treasure chest in the garden of one of my houses, positioned to look like a real one out in the world. I know it's caught out a couple of people who forgot for a second that they're in a house and tried to open it.

If you bury the Celestial Convergence Altar from antiquities you can sort of replicate the "glowy" chest passive in your home.
    Edited by LurgidBean on 18 May 2022 03:57
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like pranks
    I hate pranks.
    Edited by SilverBride on 18 May 2022 04:26
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely

One of my guildmates sends us a "bill" based on how many soul gems he used during a trial run.

One of my friends also sets up traps around his house and uses me and others as his test subjects so see if we live or not.

Doesn't PC have an add-on that sends that bill? That's honestly a pretty funny add-on.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Listen, if you don't gather around someone that's AFK and play a bunch of flutes in their face, you're just not playing right. Fill that living room with the dulcet sounds of elementary school band practice!

One friend knows how much I hate treasure maps. She also knows I have auto-loot on. One time she said, "I can't get everything in this chest, my inventory is full. You go for it." I received two treasure maps and I no longer trust her. :)

Another friend likes to drag enemies over me when I least expect it. I'll see her streak past my screen, she'll yell "WAMASU PRANK!" and I'll get trampled by five wamasu. (She does this with the knowledge that I don't struggle with overland mobs, mind you!) Deadlands have been fun. "TITAN PRANK!"

I like to slide junk items into trade windows at the last second, myself. :) "Where did this. . .did you?!" "Heh heh."

And, of course, throwables are a big hit. We love the snowball. *poof!*
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Lazuli
    Lazuli
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sometimes
    A mud ball always lifts the spirits.
    It's a 'humbling' experience.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't PC have an add-on that sends that bill? That's honestly a pretty funny add-on.

yes, i dont use so dont know what the name of it is, but i have gotten those joke mails too from a guilds trial run lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like pranks
    But that's only theoretical. What are these "friends and guildmates" you speak of? o:)
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely
    Yes, when I run the scroll and I get to the gate, I just stop dead for about 10 seconds and pretend I got a load screen and then end up getting a real load screen
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, sometimes
    You gotta mudball then cherry blossom “apologize” your friends every now and then!
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like pranks
    I had a friend who was constantly throwing the cherry blossoms on me even though I asked him to stop several times. So I stopped hanging out with him until he finally realized I was serious.

Having someone spazzing out around you isn't everyone's idea of a good time.
    Edited by SilverBride on 21 May 2022 02:04
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but rarely
    I had a friend who was constantly throwing the cherry blossoms on me even though I asked him to stop several times. So I stopped hanging out with him until he finally realized I was serious.

Having someone spazzing out around you isn't everyone's idea of a good time.

Honestly, I equate that more to someone not respecting boundaries than to pranks. If someone asks you to stop, you stop.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, sometimes
    My best prank was for Aprils 1st

I told people that they can get a Crown Banker by coming next to me and waiting for one to land on them.

While I had the Crows Emote and Momento.

a few people came...

The best one was a Khajiit, when she said the Banker crows were not landing on her, I told her to crouch... she said it did not work....so I told her that the Banker Crows won't land on her cause she is a Khajiit and has Claws and need to be on a non clawed character she started logging out.. I felt bad and gave her a bunch of LUX furnishings.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like pranks
    I find that for most pranks, only the prankster thinks whatever they're doing is funny/endearing/whatever. Are there ingenious pranks that everyone enjoys (including the one being pranked)? Sure. But they're the exception, not the rule.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sometimes
    Editing motd very subtle. Same with player notes in guilds
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on 21 May 2022 18:17
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't mind pranks, I'm just not doing them
    pranks are fine but bullying some one on illness orr other is mean..
    bullying someone for misspelling .. and other also
    mean
    i think the fact is people need learn empathy and learn humans need to be nice to each other just beacuse you dont like somthing does not mean you can be mean to people who have done nothing wrong..
    if they do wrong black them .. lol