The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please, Let us have more inventory space

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use the chests you can get with writ turn-ins. Have 4 which helped with some of my inventory problem.

How do i gain those chests?

Do master writs, you can buy them with the writ vouchers
    Soupy twist
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had an inventory problem but I would love a furnishing bag so that all my furnishings are always accessible to all my characters all the time.

Just a note - the furniture stored in the housing Storage Boxes, is available to any of your characters.

fizl101 wrote: »
    I use the chests you can get with writ turn-ins. Have 4 which helped with some of my inventory problem.

Aren't some of the small ones available in the Leveling Bonuses? I'm pretty sure I got a couple that way after the whole 'leveling rewards' system was introduced. (of course, if all your slots are filled already, or you don't want to level another character... /shrug)
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't remember getting them with the leveling bonus. When I accumulated enough writ vouchers I excited to see the chests on the vendor and didn't have to use crowns to buy them. They are exactly the same as in the shop. 😊
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only one chest that you get as a leveling bonus, the other seven need to be bought by other means - either vouchers or crowns.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will still have inventory problem even you have eso plus.

You gotta learn what you shouldn't keep.

• pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of inventory spaces is driving me crazy. I have a guild bank where I've stored all my motifs and siege which means that the rest of my storage spaces are eaten up by gear, furniture, potions, food, recipes, treasure maps, surveys, jewelry etc. The bank is used by all my characters and they all need to store items to be accessed by other toons. There's just too many items to store especially with the continuous new content.

I can't even remember the last time ZOS increased the inventory and bank space (yes, I have ESO+) or if they even have at all.

We NEED more inventory and bank space! Coffers are not enough. I don't want to be forced to visit my house every single time I need something. I have the worst memory so I always forget what items are stored in the coffers. It's extremely tedious and time wasting.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    you can buy it i think
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had an inventory problem but I would love a furnishing bag so that all my furnishings are always accessible to all my characters all the time.

Just a note - the furniture stored in the housing Storage Boxes, is available to any of your characters.

I have a lot of furniture and my housing chests can't hold it all. I keep very little else so I put the few things I do keep in my housing storage boxes and save the much larger bank space for my furnishings.

These are accessible to all my characters from the bank until I remove one. Then my bag fills up with furniture and I have to run to town to put them back in the bank. (I don't have a banker and will not pay real money for crowns to get one.)

Also I can place furnishings directly from the bank but would have to go through my chests and find and remove all the items I want to place first, which would be time consuming and clutter up my bags.
    Edited by SilverBride on 16 May 2022 15:19
    PCNA
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inventory and Bank spaces need to be dynamic, though I can imagine everyone cramming everything in to them and the servers exploding with the weight of items lol

If you double then treble the amount of spaces in both, people (myself included) will fill them and then demand more and still more.

What is the answer? I know not, all I do know is I NEED MORE SPACE :)
    Edited by Eldartar on 16 May 2022 17:57
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One may never feel that they have enough inventory space in an MMORPG.
    -Buddha, BC 4564
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the gear sets I am worried about. I would like another inventory pet please
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    One may never feel that they have enough inventory space in an MMORPG.
    -Buddha, BC 4564

I actually felt having enough inventory space while playing Wildstar at max level. With support and pvp role gear in inventory. I think total character inventory, bank, account bank slots was much less than in ESO but the game was designed for limited inventory and not filled to brim with padded loot tables, billion sets and fragments. (It even tried to have separate balance for PvE and PvP until its version of CP, Primal Matrix spilled over.)

Edited by rpa on 17 May 2022 06:46
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we need more inventory space, or at least smarter inventory management : If we had a mannequin of all our alt characters in our house of which we could open and adjust the inventory, then QoL (inventory management including equiped gear) would become next level.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, the worst is master writs, surveys and maps. If those could just be stored in the craft bag, that would be amazing!
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »
    The lack of inventory spaces is driving me crazy. I have a guild bank where I've stored all my motifs and siege which means that the rest of my storage spaces are eaten up by gear, furniture, potions, food, recipes, treasure maps, surveys, jewelry etc. The bank is used by all my characters and they all need to store items to be accessed by other toons. There's just too many items to store especially with the continuous new content.

I can't even remember the last time ZOS increased the inventory and bank space (yes, I have ESO+) or if they even have at all.

We NEED more inventory and bank space! Coffers are not enough. I don't want to be forced to visit my house every single time I need something. I have the worst memory so I always forget what items are stored in the coffers. It's extremely tedious and time wasting.

The Inventory Insight addon can solve the memory problem. With it you can view every inventory item for all your characters, bank, and storage chests. It also has a search box to look for specific items.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fizl101 wrote: »

Aren't some of the small ones available in the Leveling Bonuses? I'm pretty sure I got a couple that way after the whole 'leveling rewards' system was introduced. (of course, if all your slots are filled already, or you don't want to level another character... /shrug)

1 30-slot chest is available through level up bonuses

the other ones you have to buy, with either master writ vouchers, tel var, or crowns (i personally chose the tel var method lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I and many can't afford to have eso plus constantly,
    I avoid provisioning or alchemy ingredients, but i still have no space, i fully upgraded my inventory and still no space,
    please let us buy more inventory space or give us ways to gain inventory space like achievement rewards...

Like hero of daggerfall +1 inventory space , stormhaven main quest +1 inventory space...

Anything really...i'd cry for just 20 more free spaces... please

I'm so tired , so tired of managing my inventory, deleting usefull items... And the bank extra space is so expensive

I definitely want more space as well, or a pattern/motif/survey bag.

Though I would disagree that ESO+ is too expensive. Yes, it costs something, but anyone playing has to pay for many things in life that are equally or more expensive. Eat out at fast food once and you have hit the cost.

We still need more inventory space, but some with the very least need to pay for ESO+ if it is tight for them.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rofl, i've been saying there was a inventory problem maybe 3-4 years ago. I even said ESO+ would not be enough if they keep adding more and more sets and spamming my mail with more junk. They created the stickerbook as a solution and fixed the mailing system to actually delete the mail after 30 days. This actually helped me free up some space. I use niche sets and such. Now you ES0+ players who have access to everything (I don't lol) say yall are needing more space? I think everything came full circle. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

It's funny because I can't deconstruct or pick up mats due to it taking even more space and me not being ESO+ so I only buy what I need. I rarely gold items or make stuff even though I am 9trait.

I dont even have the crafting hirrling mails just to save space

Do those and immediately sell them for gold!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory management in this game is absolutely insane. I mean, without the craft bag, looking at all the stuff one would get gives me a headache. If you even dare to decon without craft bag, god help you. Trait stones, style stones, basic mats, upgrade mats. And of course many different in one go for the trait and style traits. I have tried to decon stuff and had it tell me it could not because I didn't have enough inventory space on my toon. My toon had 100 slots. But deconning at some point filled most of them up with what is the equivalent of trash.

And really, many of these things cannot be sold at a merchant for even 1 gold. Far as I am concerned, everything should have at least the worth of 1 gold if it loads people up with essentially useless trash to the point that they feel they NEED ESO plus just to not spend the day playing inventory management.

Without plus, I suspect people begin to wonder if ESO is really an inventory management game. Let's face it, without plus it definitely is.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I avoid provisioning or alchemy ingredients, but i still have no space, i fully upgraded my inventory and still no space,
    please let us buy more inventory space or give us ways to gain inventory space like achievement rewards...

Like hero of daggerfall +1 inventory space , stormhaven main quest +1 inventory space...

I'm so tired , so tired of managing my inventory, deleting usefull items... And the bank extra space is so expensive

Though I would disagree that ESO+ is too expensive. Yes, it costs something, but anyone playing has to pay for many things in life that are equally or more expensive. Eat out at fast food once and you have hit the cost.

We still need more inventory space, but some with the very least need to pay for ESO+ if it is tight for them.

With all the respect

There's countries in europe where the min wage is around 400 euros, maybe less idk all of them.
    Eso has teenager players too.
    Unemployment also exists.

So, normaly not everyone can just pay for it, especialy just for craft bags.
    Edited by francesinhalover on 18 May 2022 00:59
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun Fact: The most inventory a single account can have by itself is 4620.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »

Whats the most 1 character can have without spending a fortune in crowns?
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With all the respect

There's countries in europe where the min wage is around 400 euros, maybe less idk all of them.

Exactly how many players does this cover?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would assume that was it, perhaps minus 10 for the 2 non-combat pets that are in the Crown Store.

I have never paid a single Crown for any other space.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all the respect

Exactly how many players does this cover?

Euro servers usually have more players than us.
    Also...south americans also play eso not just north.

Granted i can't actually answear your question. I'm not sure anyone can.

I can say at least that i have met africans on eu server.
    Edited by francesinhalover on 18 May 2022 01:58
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A yearly inventory pet sounds nice
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4620 if you participate in crown to gold trading.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, the worst is master writs, surveys and maps. If those could just be stored in the craft bag, that would be amazing!
    Even though I destroy maps instantly, due to inventory space issues. I do agree surveys and master writs take up most of my space. Mostly as I save master writs for when there is a double exp event, and I store the surveys until I need them due to running out of certain materials. Storing all those in the craftbag, would be awesome, and would save most of my space.

ZOS, and the game, do everything to get you to log in daily. They give daily items, daily endeavours, horse training is daily, we have daily quests, and during events the event tickets are daily. But when someone actually plays daily, as I do with 18 character crafting dailies, the game does not allow the room for it.
    Same with actually questing and killing mobs, the inventory fills up WAY WAY too fast. The best way to play the game right now, seems to be to skip everything, and run by everything. Or to not play at all. These things need to change ASAP.

I like to be out in the game world, and stay out there. But the inventory limit prevents me from doing this.

PS: Currently I have atleast one of every survey stored(which takes 120-150 bankslots), and I have around 200+ master writs stored(gained since the previous double exp event).
    PPS: When I need to go to town to empty my inventory, I usually just log off for the day. It is just a drag, and too much trouble.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should use our maps and surveys and writs, not just store them in huge quantities.
    PCNA
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More inventory space would likly be most useful without hurting the game or economy too much.. Would allow us more buffer space to move things around, be able to do more than a few quests or 3 dungeons without being fully loaded nd with the new armory system we could carry a few more sets without being brutally punished for it.

Increasing things like bank space etc would likly affect the economy with traders etc buying up/holding more things to resell later.

As it is now I highly doubt many will invest far into the armory as it will destroy they're carrying capacity in a big way! This also will free up some storage etc at the same time!
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on 20 May 2022 16:18
This discussion has been closed.