The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please, Let us have more inventory space

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
I and many can't afford to have eso plus constantly,
I avoid provisioning or alchemy ingredients, but i still have no space, i fully upgraded my inventory and still no space,
please let us buy more inventory space or give us ways to gain inventory space like achievement rewards...

Like hero of daggerfall +1 inventory space , stormhaven main quest +1 inventory space...

Anything really...i'd cry for just 20 more free spaces... please

I'm so tired , so tired of managing my inventory, deleting usefull items... And the bank extra space is so expensive

Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 28 May 2023 00:04
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    I avoid provisioning or alchemy ingredients, but i still have no space, i fully upgraded my inventory and still no space,
    please let us buy more inventory space or give us ways to gain inventory space like achievement rewards...

Like hero of daggerfall +1 inventory space , stormhaven main quest +1 inventory space...

I'm so tired , so tired of managing my inventory, deleting usefull items... And the bank extra space is so expensive

I have eso+ but still need more space. So many golden gear and jewelery and weapons that are useless at the moment but might be great with some new update ... my main is a healer. One for pve, one for pvp. I have at least 20 different sets and different combinations just for those. Siege that does not stack. A lot of furniture, survey writs, pots, fragments, stuff that one does not want to throw away, just because I might need it one day :) A lot of companion gear, food, drinks, motifs that might go up in price, weapons and gear for research on alts that has no passives so it takes ages... new sets are coming out with each expansion, new furniture and it would be logical to get more inventory space. More personal inventory, more bank upgrade, more chests to buy from crown store - that would be great.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso simply has far to many craft materials for the game to be playable without a craft bag.

During periods where I can't afford or am not playing often enough to justify +, I leave the game entirely. I keep nothing. Not even treasure or crafting maps, and yet craft materials alone fill all available space. I don't know what I'm looking at with craft materials, and it's just so overwhelming. Playing the alts game is just naff. I know plenty of people do it, and it's possible, but I lack the time and head to sort though what's what, on what character.

When Fallout 76 hit the 400 spaces in stash boxes, with far lower amounts of material types, that was the sweet spot for the game still being playable while Fallout Firsts stash box was still worth paying for.

Like many folks, a one off payment for a craft bag would be my ideal. I'd even pay a full expansions cost to get it.
    Edited by OsUfi on 15 May 2022 16:27
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    Eso simply has far to many craft materials for the game to be playable without a craft bag.

During periods where I can't afford or am not playing often enough to justify +, I leave the game entirely. I keep nothing. Not even treasure or crafting maps, and yet craft materials alone fill all available space. I don't know what I'm looking at with craft materials, and it's just so overwhelming. Playing the alts game is just naff. I know plenty of people do it, and it's possible, but I like the time and head to sort though what's what, on what character.

When Fallout 76 hit the 400 spaces in stash boxes, with far lower amounts of material types, that was the sweet spot for the game still being playable while Fallout Firsts stash box was still worth paying for.

Like many folks, a one off payment for a craft bag would be my ideal. I'd even pay a full expansions cost to get it.

I tried making characters to store items, but it's just hard, knowing what's where, having bank space, logging in and out, it's a huge headache
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have ESO+ and yet still one of my top wishes for ESO right now is more bank space.

ESO has actually done a lot for us to make inventory management better, like stickerbook was huge!, but the new types of inventory items always seem to outpace the inventory improvements. At least for me.

Motifs stack but now I have companion gear to worry about. We got stickerbook but now I have mythics and furniture to store.

I have mules but that doesn't help with the type of space I really need more of which is an easy way to move things from character to character and sharing and stacking items they all get in an efficient way.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing to do if you're off plus

Avoid provisioning, alchemy, cheap furnishing material, Enchanting (cept mundane runes and Kuta), style materials, and white materials. A lot of people make the mistake of not refining, but you get way less of the colorful mats than basic material. Refine, bank the colorful stuff, npc the style materials and sell the white materials to other players. Only keep 1 stack for your writs. If you can't sell your ingots to other players, just NPC them. They are cheap and easily replaced.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 15 May 2022 20:09
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Avoid provisioning, alchemy, cheap furnishing material, Enchanting (cept mundane runes and Kuta), style materials, and white materials. A lot of people make the mistake of not refining, but you get way less of the colorful mats than basic material. Refine, bank the colorful stuff, npc the style materials and sell the white materials to other players. Only keep 1 stack for your writs. If you can't sell your ingots to other players, just NPC them. They are cheap and easily replaced.

Eh, I keep everything but Provisioning & bait. I don't bother doing surveys & refining until an ESO+ Trial week is going, then everything goes into the craft bag.

I do have 8 characters, including one mule (who holds full stacks of 200 ore/etc, transferred through the bank). And I've got all 8 storage chests (gotten without crowns) - used for surveys, furniture, extra motifs/recipes, and style mats. There's plenty of space. /shrug

(that said, I don't save multiple sets of extra gear)
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    There's a way to get more space in the game without paying but it's rediculous and just don't ask me how
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Eh, I keep everything but Provisioning & bait. I don't bother doing surveys & refining until an ESO+ Trial week is going, then everything goes into the craft bag.

I do have 8 characters, including one mule (who holds full stacks of 200 ore/etc, transferred through the bank). And I've got all 8 storage chests (gotten without crowns) - used for surveys, furniture, extra motifs/recipes, and style mats. There's plenty of space. /shrug

(that said, I don't save multiple sets of extra gear)

Yeah. I should have add "if off plus and don't want to deal with managing a bunch of mules" my bad. It's what I did for a while when I was off plus.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S0Z0H wrote: »
    There's a way to get more space in the game without paying but it's rediculous and just don't ask me how

The guild way. we all know it, but not everyone can do it.
    At least i would have a hard time trying.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    S0Z0H wrote: »

The guild way. we all know it, but not everyone can do it.
    At least i would have a hard time trying.

From what I understand everyone can do it via the free trial periods.

I stopped hoarding and clear out anything I really have no use for. This was made so much easier with the advent of the sticker book system where we can recreate any piece of gear we have collected.
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i would like few more chests even as ESO+ sub. It would help a lot.
    Ppl without ESO+ would need to get some limited craft bag. Like just all materials for styles take a lot of space. Its not fun doing master writs or any crafting without craftbag.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    each extra character is a walking 200 (210) slots bag
    housing storage is 4x(60+30) = 360 slots
    making an alt allows to get 8 (9) toons for free and mailbox is 6x60 = 360 slots temporary space for not-bound things

but, yes, i d like to have more bank/storage space for less hassle
    during last 3 years number of items practically doubled and what we have got to compensate that? Two inventory pets?
    Furnishing bag is really really necessary, Zeni!
    PC EU
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or at least make a crown item that gives you 30 extra inv or 40 extra bank slot for 5k crown on every char <3
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with a furnishing bag. Furnishing items take up a lot of space in the bank. I had to buy a storage house just to stock all my furnishing items I wasn't using.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    More. Inventory space in some way, is my biggest QoL improvement wish for eso.
    I would like to use the armory system, but I do not have the space.
    The best option would in my opinion be if each characters inventory was available through the bank - so after the
    - Bank
    - Guild Bank
    - Guild trader
    - Character a's inventory
    - Character b's inventory
    And so on for all the accounts characters.
    Then I wouldn't have to relog so many times. Inventory management in eso drives me nuts, and I regularly just leave to play another game because I find it so tedious.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    50 more bank space would be nice
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sell everything you don't immediately use , like low level materials, buy them back when you need them. Get rid of bad sets, you can always farm them back if they suddenly get buffed (I personally don't recall such buffs, it is mostly nerfs).

I don't have problem with my inventory, no eso+, bank space not fully upgraded, I keep all the alchemy materials to make my own pots, no food ingredients though, i just buy the ready food and drinks.
    Edited by Didgerion on 16 May 2022 00:47
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umbro100 wrote: »
    I have eso+ but still need more space. So many golden gear and jewelery and weapons that are useless at the moment but might be great with some new update ... my main is a healer. One for pve, one for pvp. I have at least 20 different sets and different combinations just for those. Siege that does not stack. A lot of furniture, survey writs, pots, fragments, stuff that one does not want to throw away, just because I might need it one day :) A lot of companion gear, food, drinks, motifs that might go up in price, weapons and gear for research on alts that has no passives so it takes ages... new sets are coming out with each expansion, new furniture and it would be logical to get more inventory space. More personal inventory, more bank upgrade, more chests to buy from crown store - that would be great.

Exactly this. I have ESO+ as well, but I'm constantly low on inventory space, for exactly the same reasons as above.

Why can't companions carry their own gear? Why do potions and items only stack to 200? Why don't treasure maps stack? Why are certain things character bound so I can't even put them in the bank? They should either give us more inventory space, or resolve those unnecessary limitations.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love more storage space. I’m a subscriber, but inventory management is still a pain.

The armory has been a wonderful addition, and the sticker book is *mwah* very, very nice. A rethinking of how the bank works and how it integrates with the armory and sticker book would also be wonderful. The armory could function almost like a bank for your gear sets. (Which makes perfect sense, as that is literally what an armory is.)

As a starting point, eso could integrate the armory with the bank so that if you have both assistants unlocked, swapping to a build will pull all the gear for that build from the bank for you.

The it could be even fancier, where the armory assistant could have a build editor where you select gear, traits etc, but only from gear you have unlocked in the sticker book. Then, when you go to save, if the gear does not already exist in your armory storage, it will confirm that you want to reconstruct the gear selected, and the resources required.

On a different note, something like the craft bag for furniture so that all furniture you own is available when you are decorating a house might make me actually want to decorate one some day.
    Edited by Pevey on 16 May 2022 03:40
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had an inventory problem but I would love a furnishing bag so that all my furnishings are always accessible to all my characters all the time. If I had one though my bank would be practically empty because besides my daily writ quest items the only other things in my bank is furniture.
    PCNA
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have ESO+, fully trained horses, all bank and inventory upgrades, and still I am always short on inventory/bank space. On basically all of my 18 characters.

Example: Personally I love the new armory system, but so far I have only made one extra build on characters. As the inventory issue severely limits the amount of builds I can make. I was planning to buy more armory slots, still am, but for me due to the inventory limit there is no point to do that.

As I kill and loot everything in the field, it only takes two full sidequests to fill up whatever was left of my inventory. This makes it feel like I'm being punished for playing the game normally. As opposed to the players who skip/run by everything. This is not a good feeling for a player like me, who enjoys being out in the field for long periods of time!

Edit: I also have all the housing storage coffers and the two +5 inventory pets.
    Edited by Sarannah on 16 May 2022 14:57
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the size will never change.
    After all, the issue was "created" so the solution could/can be sold.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 more bank space would be nice
    Actually, as far as I am aware, bank space is still being capped at 240 slots (double for ESO +), but it is still a value that was established back in 2014, when the game launched. And since then, ESO grew & changed, but bank space is still a 2014 design.

Just count how many crafting material types are now in the game vs 2014. And I am not taking about keeping 2 or 3 stacks of each, no no no, just one stack of each. It is impossible with 240 slots lol.

I think that increasing bank space further, to for example 300 slots would be a huge qol change. And it is win-win since ESO+ would get double of that.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rofl, i've been saying there was a inventory problem maybe 3-4 years ago. I even said ESO+ would not be enough if they keep adding more and more sets and spamming my mail with more junk. They created the stickerbook as a solution and fixed the mailing system to actually delete the mail after 30 days. This actually helped me free up some space. I use niche sets and such. Now you ES0+ players who have access to everything (I don't lol) say yall are needing more space? I think everything came full circle. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

It's funny because I can't deconstruct or pick up mats due to it taking even more space and me not being ESO+ so I only buy what I need. I rarely gold items or make stuff even though I am 9trait.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, as far as I am aware, bank space is still being capped at 240 slots (double for ESO +), but it is still a value that was established back in 2014, when the game launched. And since then, ESO grew & changed, but bank space is still a 2014 design.

Just count how many crafting material types are now in the game vs 2014. And I am not taking about keeping 2 or 3 stacks of each, no no no, just one stack of each. It is impossible with 240 slots lol.

I think that increasing bank space further, to for example 300 slots would be a huge qol change. And it is win-win since ESO+ would get double of that.
    I always thought that the savior of [zone] achievements from chapters should unlock not just the option to buy a house with gold, but also to spend gold on one more bank expansion. If the price pattern is kept, then it would be 90k for the first chapter-related expansion and 110k for the fifth, 290 slots total. And this year High Isle would bump it to 300 slots for a total cost of 615k gold.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using bank as a crafting bag. For now I somehow still able to fit my materials into the bank space available. I keep 3 stacks of 160CP wood, hide, cloth and roe, 1 stack of provision, alchemy, enchantment ingredients. No low level mats, it goes to vendors right away. If I get more stacks than needed, I sell stuff. Yet I already have a character who has a goal to keep the motif ingredients in his inventory.
    I have like 10-20 free space in the bank that I use to transfer stuff between characters. The characters usually have a couple of equipment sets and all the usual stuff like food, etc. and they have a half of inventory free to collect some stuff before I get to vendors and/or bank.
    The most space consuming stuff is:
    - motif materials. Increasing in numbers with each update. And some of them even have the refinable raw ingredient that has to be refined in proportion 10 ingredients to 1 motif material, so you have to keep the raw material as well.
    - alchemy ingredients. Also getting increased in numbers with new chapters.
    - provision ingredients. At least these don't increase in numbers so far.
    I'm pretty sure that in 2-3 years, when ZOS will add some other new motifs and alchemy ingredients, and when I get a companion (I don't have one yet, because I heard that I'll have to micromanage their specific items which will drop from mobs, so, no, thanks, I don't need that at all)... in 2-3 years my bank space will be full.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the chests you can get with writ turn-ins. Have 4 which helped with some of my inventory problem.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl, i've been saying there was a inventory problem maybe 3-4 years ago. I even said ESO+ would not be enough if they keep adding more and more sets and spamming my mail with more junk. They created the stickerbook as a solution and fixed the mailing system to actually delete the mail after 30 days. This actually helped me free up some space. I use niche sets and such. Now you ES0+ players who have access to everything (I don't lol) say yall are needing more space? I think everything came full circle. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

It's funny because I can't deconstruct or pick up mats due to it taking even more space and me not being ESO+ so I only buy what I need. I rarely gold items or make stuff even though I am 9trait.

I dont even have the crafting hirrling mails just to save space
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the chests you can get with writ turn-ins. Have 4 which helped with some of my inventory problem.

How do i gain those chests?
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you do the master writs, you get a different currency. Think the small ones are 100 and large ones are 200. It's cheaper than wasting money on crowns and buying them in the crown shop ( which are the same chests)
This discussion has been closed.