The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About companions

• Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I haven't spent much time in Craglorn due to soloing most of the time. With a companion maybe it will be easier. I should give it a go.
  • Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I went to Dragonstar Arena briefly. Not really a fan of Craglorn. It's probably one of my least favorite zones aside from Imperial City. I despise PVP.

I was thinking about future companions and I would love an Argonian that enjoys fishing- gives an extra loot container when fishing with the companion out, gets rapport when fishing, etc. I'm miffed that a cat would get negative rapport over fishing, but if that sticks, the Argonian can make up for it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aminatu wrote: »
    Ah, I went to Dragonstar Arena briefly. Not really a fan of Craglorn. It's probably one of my least favorite zones aside from Imperial City. I despise PVP.

I was thinking about future companions and I would love an Argonian that enjoys fishing- gives an extra loot container when fishing with the companion out, gets rapport when fishing, etc. I'm miffed that a cat would get negative rapport over fishing, but if that sticks, the Argonian can make up for it.

what does craglorn have to do with pvp?

dragonstar arena is also meant to be a 4 player group thing, like a dungeon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just baffled how you guys manage to convert everything into a grind - I really cannot understand why you do that?- Converting something what is meant to be a neat add-on into actual time consuming and boring work. And that is what you do, if you convert something meant to be enjoyable into a mindless grind of XP and levels. It is your decision of course, I just cannot understand, why you squeeze the fun out of everything like this and then complain about the grind - the game itself is not really grindy, if you just play along. It is your way to deal with any such content, which creates the grind.
    Edited by Lysette on 21 May 2022 10:28
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    compat pets need to be a thing now they could be renamed companion combat pets lol--
    also.. ones that talk or are cool raptor .. or the one that get from clockwork city i would love with the armour..
    also
    need more mini games.. think be cool to have racegame for mount or pet.. or bring in mini games like frog race once daily and get drops or other stuff for the races.. if anything we need a reset for mount for states.. and also per mount should be..
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, companions are of almost no utility. They don't carry items, they die too fast, rapport is too much of a grind, and they get in the way.

It would be a lot nicer if they could be used as a banker or pack mule.

Right now they are honestly just a way for me to display mounts and styles I have acquired.
  • Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    Aminatu wrote: »

what does craglorn have to do with pvp?

dragonstar arena is also meant to be a 4 player group thing, like a dungeon

If you read my comment, I said it is my least favorite aside from Imperial City. Imperial City is PVP and I hate it bc of that. That is why I mentioned despising PVP.

I like the suggestion of combat pets.

Some people may not like companions but I find them useful-- particularly when I get bad lag or get disconnected (which happens frequently bc I have satellite ISP) and they have saved my bacon while I was unable to do anything. They do get annoying at times, but I wouldn't be able to solo public dungeons without them on some of my characters.
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    This one’s newly minted level 50 dragonknight took Mirri along for the Craglorn main quest and managed to increase her destruction staff by several tiers which is good.

But despite killing all those snake enemies, read books and brewed bottles of ale along the way, Mirri still considers the DK a “friendly acquaintance” :/

If you want to increase rapport, it’s the old grind of dolmens (fighters guild daily) and public dungeons (mages).

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, the Companion page on UESP has a nice checklist of rapport building activities if yours isn't warming up to you as quickly as you'd like. I found Mirri a bit easier because I was doing Ashlander quests anyway for their motif pages, but both were max within a month or so.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Companions#Progression
  • deleted220614-000183
    As for as companions I found Bastian extremely annoying so I decided stop exping him.
    I have maxed Mirri and put "no interact" addon on her, "no interact" addon on torchbugs, "no interact" addon on butterflies and I can live with her, despite she is annoying when she decides to speak (even I tried muted her completely - impossible!) I wish I could kick her ass for her remarks repeating over and over again.

Mirri loves me from some reason, so she can be used as houseguest but she is so ugly that I wish morph her to zombie as she already looks as half-zombie. Unfortunately morph her to something useful is impossible again.

If ZOS is aware of it, it would be nice to put it on the wishlist (mute, polymorph).

Without 3rd party addon (no interact) was Mirri unplayable so thanks community fixind what ZOS got wrong.
  • deleted220614-000183
    Oh one more thing, I Have on Mirri full purple aggressive setup for maximum magicka DPS.
    5 light armors and 2 heavy combination works surprisingly well, I dont know why people reccomend 7 mediums or 5 medium 2 light. She needs 5 light armor pieces for reseting cooldowns othervise she is not dealing much dmg
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    i leveled mirri full to 20 skills and all weapons line by doing solo DLC dungeons
    in normal , good to farm all armor sets in these DLC
    lots of mobs in some of these dungeons
    now i give her all purple armor and weapons and she is very good as a healer in no DLC vet dungeons solo
    bastian is not so good as mirri (is dying a lot quicker)
    Vet DLC dungeons are to difficult for compagnions (they dying to fast)

i am verry happy with mirri as is, and hope the new compagnions are even better

• EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    id like to take them every were lol --
    also have different companions..
    cat talking raptor.. turtle other companion battle pets.. need to be a thing .. lizards bears and more .. medum aged .. and also the pet from clockwork city the one were have to get oil something to make it.. some the pets could be changed into battle pets and i dont know why not because they have companions why not pets too that companions they dont need to speak.. really or could have robot voice ooo robots... robot companions..
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trpajzla wrote: »
    Oh one more thing, I Have on Mirri full purple aggressive setup for maximum magicka DPS.
    5 light armors and 2 heavy combination works surprisingly well, I dont know why people reccomend 7 mediums or 5 medium 2 light. She needs 5 light armor pieces for reseting cooldowns othervise she is not dealing much dmg

Well, you do realize that the passive for medium armor is increased damage, right? Meaning that every piece of medium armor is basically adding another 'aggressive' damage stat. Light armor increases healing... and while Haste ability of light armor may 'sound' good, it has a 36 second cooldown.

You'd be better off having all medium quickened trait, or even a mixture of quickened/aggressive if cooldowns are a concern. But honestly, having medium aggressive would add a lot more damage even with regular skill cooldowns- plus, most people run quickened jewelry.

Plus, purple gear is really not necessary because it only gives an extremely small increase other than weapons, which are important to have in purple but are very cheap to buy, unlike armor and jewlry.
    Edited by ADarklore on 22 May 2022 12:20
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i've done most of my grinding in public dungeons with an xp scroll active. got mirri to 20 + a bunch of her skills maxed out in i dunno...a week or so? haven't leveled bastian as much as he's sitting at lvl 10 right now

find a public dungeon you like or maybe one of those dlc ones that you can farm runebox fragments in, maybe group up with someone since i'm pretty sure that gives bonus xp, equip some training gear and use an xp scroll (if you've been hoarding them from daily login rewards like me anyway) and farm away, you'll level your companion up pretty dang fast
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How useful is Shattering as a companion gear trait? In what context would it shine?
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just finished leveling both Mirri and Bastian to 20 this month. Got their rapport all the way up much earlier. Bastain was definitely slower to finish, took me about another week or two to get to 20 after Mirri.

I do want to see what the two new ladies have to offer, but I'm not looking forward to another long grind with them.

It will keep me busy with something to do in the game at least.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    trpajzla wrote: »

Well, you do realize that the passive for medium armor is increased damage, right? Meaning that every piece of medium armor is basically adding another 'aggressive' damage stat. Light armor increases healing... and while Haste ability of light armor may 'sound' good, it has a 36 second cooldown.

You'd be better off having all medium quickened trait, or even a mixture of quickened/aggressive if cooldowns are a concern. But honestly, having medium aggressive would add a lot more damage even with regular skill cooldowns- plus, most people run quickened jewelry.

Plus, purple gear is really not necessary because it only gives an extremely small increase other than weapons, which are important to have in purple but are very cheap to buy, unlike armor and jewlry.
    My companion's Haste ultimate has a 24.8 second cooldown, there must be some other factor reducing it. If you combine that with the fact that the various healing skills I currently have slotted for him have cooldowns of anywhere between 5 and 11 seconds, then the Haste ultimate sounds fairly useful to me.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    I still do wish companions could carry some stuff and that we could get a container for companion gear that is like a craft bag so no matter which character open the bag the companions they have will be able to wear whatever gear is there.
    Also, make it so companion gear can be marked as junk because sometimes I get stuff I will never use and that won't sell worth anything on the guild trader and I want to mark it so I can sell it to vendor.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find them a total grind fest and not worth the effort.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    How useful is Shattering as a companion gear trait? In what context would it shine?

7 shattering and 5 aggressive is max damage

unless you have all the time on all monsters hit by your companion major breach up

EDIT
    That 7+5 for purple gear (7*1300=9100 Penetration and equals the Armor Resistance of normal Monsters)
    For blue gear it would be 8 shattering for 8800 Penetration + 4 aggressive.
    Edited by hrothbern on 30 May 2022 11:32
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭
    TRAINING GEAR, 150% EXP SCROLL and ESO Plus (10% EXP gain), leveled Bastian from 1-20 in 6-7h, public dungeon, Rivenspire.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."