Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

POLL:Do you think they should add a party finder tool?

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    2023 CROSSPLAY PLEASE LOL ignore all the no.s we need this all of do..

Are you sure you want this? Console economy would have to pay PC NA - PC EU prices. Deal with PC addons being available while console addons are not available. Deal with ALL of the server issues that the PC servers have... etc.

The players that I have seen that most often object to eso crossplay are the console players.
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i believe ESO would benefit greatly from it.
    Big shout out to the players and discord communities that organise raids and bring people together in their servers,filling the void left by the game itself.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Mixalis966 wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Not without being told first what they would remove from the game in order to accommodate the data storage involved.

You went ahead and assumed they will remove something from the game in order to bring us a basic grouping tool...Then you voted no because you need to be told what they will remove in place of the party finder.Im out of words,truly.At this point I do not wanna argue anymore i just hope someone from ZOS will step up and make it happen.

I think this is fair given what happened with AWA. I wouldn't be surprised if a new party finder replaced the activity finder, for example.

Bro TRU. I remember when they added Transmute crystals and remove drops from dungeons.

Bro TRU. I remember when they added jewelry crafting and removed Clothing/blacksmithing.

Bro TRU. I remember when they added 2 handed to set bonuses and removed monster sets because it would ruin the balance!

Bro TRU. I remember when they added battlegrounds and removed Cyrodiil because BG's were easier on the server!

Big Trus here.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    2023 CROSSPLAY PLEASE LOL ignore all the no.s we need this all of do..

Are you sure you want this? Console economy would have to pay PC NA - PC EU prices. Deal with PC addons being available while console addons are not available. Deal with ALL of the server issues that the PC servers have... etc.

The players that I have seen that most often object to eso crossplay are the console players.

Yup! Let alone the addons for combat etc that would make things very unequal
    Soupy twist
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why people express vehement negativity towards this kind of idea. As long as you're not forced to use it, what's the harm?
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why people express vehement negativity towards this kind of idea. As long as you're not forced to use it, what's the harm?

my dear friend this is the REASON why we still have Wars on our planet.... strange people @vivisectvib16_ESO
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Party finder sounds interesting but party finder for what? Because it seems kind of vague. And vague can waste a lot of people's time. Do you mean party finder for trials? Party finder for arenas? Because that is two separate party finders.

I think it needs to be more specific that just 'party finder'.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should talk what a successful one would look like
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Trials people will debate on it....but dragons, lava vents, roaming bosses, gsyers there's no reason why there isn't one

@FeedbackOnly

There used to be a party finder according to my guildmates. It permitted finding groups for doing content in a given zone and for grouping in Cyrodiil. They told me it was not used so after a few years it was removed.

I just did some searching and found an article from long ago with the image I have linked below showing there was the ability to form groups for doing world (zone) content. So my guildmate's comments seem spot on.

tt981cm1dwar.jpg

i think a grouping tool like that would be much more beneficial now than before

the very early game the only "big group" thing realistically was cyrodiil (and then IC after the first year), it was almost 2 years into the game before we got the first trials (craglorn)

now there are a lot more options for larger groups outside of cyro such as dragons and harrowstorms which would benefit from something like what is in the screenshot (i think the UI would need to be updated to fit the current game but that seems to be basically exactly what the OP is looking for)

I don't remember that being around when I started and that was in 2016. If it was around nobody talked about it or used it then. Back then ESO was kind of busy at times but would slow down quite a bit depending on RL stuff. Like back to school after summer of 2016 had all the busiest zones dead during the day weekdays. It's not like that now at all. It might slow a bit but not nearly what it was before meaning more people to use a tool like that.

Would be good if they could have options like for trials or world bosses or arenas.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    karekiz wrote: »
    Not without being told first what they would remove from the game in order to accommodate the data storage involved.

You went ahead and assumed they will remove something from the game in order to bring us a basic grouping tool...Then you voted no because you need to be told what they will remove in place of the party finder.Im out of words,truly.At this point I do not wanna argue anymore i just hope someone from ZOS will step up and make it happen.

I think this is fair given what happened with AWA. I wouldn't be surprised if a new party finder replaced the activity finder, for example.

Bro TRU. I remember when they added Transmute crystals and remove drops from dungeons.

Bro TRU. I remember when they added jewelry crafting and removed Clothing/blacksmithing.

Bro TRU. I remember when they added 2 handed to set bonuses and removed monster sets because it would ruin the balance!

Bro TRU. I remember when they added battlegrounds and removed Cyrodiil because BG's were easier on the server!

Big Trus here.

I don't know why you're largely comparing times when they added new stuff that was unique instead of similar to existing systems.

Account Wide Achievements being added replaced Per Character Achievements, as they didn't want to track both.

The new champion system replaced the old one, resulting in some of the old stars becoming slottables instead of passive or deleted altogether.

I remember when they added clothes to the game. And then when they the outfit system, those clothes were effectively phased out rather than deleted. The old clothes were not added to the outfit system despite there being a section for clothing, and they ceased creation of any new lootable clothes. You can still get armor styles, but not new regular clothing anymore.

So there it is a legitimate worry that if they put the effort into making a new group finder it would replace the current one. It's not necessarily a bad thing if it does, but it could also be a bad thing. It depends on how it's implemented.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 16 May 2022 20:36
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

Big Trus here.

I don't know why you're largely comparing times when they added new stuff that was unique instead of similar to existing systems.

Account Wide Achievements being added replaced Per Character Achievements, as they didn't want to track both.

The new champion system replaced the old one, resulting in some of the old stars becoming slottables instead of passive or deleted altogether.

I remember when they added clothes to the game. And then when they the outfit system, those clothes were effectively phased out rather than deleted. The old clothes were not added to the outfit system despite there being a section for clothing, and they ceased creation of any new lootable clothes. You can still get armor styles, but not regular clothing anymore.

So there it is a legitimate worry that if they put the effort into making a new group finder it would replace the current one. It's not necessarily a bad thing if it does, but it could also be a bad thing. It depends on how it's implemented.

It doesn't even have to replace it. On pts the card game is another section on activity Finder.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    It doesn't even have to replace it. On pts the card game is another section on activity Finder.

I think the system they described would work differently than just adding a world boss section to activity finder.

It sounds like you create your own title for the activity and select an activity type from a submenu. Then you sit in a lobby til the group is filled. Similar to the party finder in Overwatch.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 16 May 2022 20:39
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    Sjestenka wrote: »
    roleplay party finder with needed roles sounds like lotta fun. I know i'd use it

How would you design a system for it? Would it be like a bulletin board posting.

Saying like party in riften happening right now or going something more in depth?
    Uh-oh, missed your post. Should check notifications settings..
    And yeah, something like message board i guess. Not physically in the world 'course, rather like the current lfg tool but with some space for players custom message. Such thingy could be handy for anyone really, not just RPers. "Need help with Doshia, the scariest boss of them all. Tank and healer, please respond asap. Bring Mirri".
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Party finder sounds interesting but party finder for what? Because it seems kind of vague. And vague can waste a lot of people's time. Do you mean party finder for trials? Party finder for arenas? Because that is two separate party finders.

Google "Lost ark party finder" and you will understand what i am talking about.All the activities are listed on the left and you can choose.This is what it does it gets people together to do content thats why it is called a party finder.It is not vague in the least,that is how it is supposed to work.It is ONE party finder with different categories you get to choose(trials/arenas that you mentinoned too obivously).Many people here do not understand that a tool like dungeon finder was never suggested.I never said they should add a random trial or arena finder that functions like the current dungeon one.

• Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    This thread got old and i have to say that if discord channels did not exist i would not be able to play ESO even though i would want to.I would just waste time spamming lfg in guilds and craglorn and then be forced to logout.I would appreciate an official answer from ZOS on the matter because it is not possible to want constructive feedback but leave us in the dark and not interact.We do not know:
    a)Why you never added such a tool.
    b)If you have plans to add it in the future.
    c)If you never plan to add it.

You can share your reasons and we will understand.I never wanted to join forum discussions i much preferred playing the game but then i got into an issue that greatly impacted the game experience and i thought i would bring it to forums.I invested my time arguing over basic things which was never my intention as a consumer and i did it solely for the game's improvement.I find it very disrespectful to oversee the thread to ensure everything is kept civil and not take some time and enlighten us on the matter.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, i do not think it is needed.
    c)If you never plan to add it.

I would suggest this is the answer we should expect until and unless Zenimax says otherwise. The best chance to get an answer is during one of their streams where they answer questions. Too much is posed in the forums for them to try to reply to.

In every game I have played I take the time to get to know people in the guild I am active in. It makes the world of difference in any game to play with people who you get to know vs always playing with strangers and it takes very little effort to get to that point.

My experience is we get out of it what we put into it so putting that little bit of energy and time into developing relationships pays off in dividends.

Good luck and enjoy the game.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Google "Lost ark party finder" and you will understand what i am talking about.All the activities are listed on the left and you can choose.This is what it does it gets people together to do content thats why it is called a party finder.It is not vague in the least,that is how it is supposed to work.It is ONE party finder with different categories you get to choose(trials/arenas that you mentinoned too obivously).Many people here do not understand that a tool like dungeon finder was never suggested.I never said they should add a random trial or arena finder that functions like the current dungeon one.

I saw a screenshot of the one they used to have. That looks like it would be perfect.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the system they described would work differently than just adding a world boss section to activity finder.

It sounds like you create your own title for the activity and select an activity type from a submenu. Then you sit in a lobby til the group is filled. Similar to the party finder in Overwatch.

Interesting is there any problems with overwatch version?
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a bit indifferent. I don't think it would be used. Didn't they have to remove Cyrodiil from activity finder for exactly that reason or am I imagining that? I feel like most people would just ask their guilds and not use it. But if they did decide to add it, it wouldn't bother me at all and I might even try it out.

It was remove because it didn't actually work. Queue was broken
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭

Exactly :smile:
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.

Interesting is there any problems with overwatch version?

Well, a lot of people don't use it due to the nature of that game. And occasionally there's inappropriate titles. But for the most part it's a good system that works well. I think it could be more successful in this game than in that one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 20 May 2022 22:56
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a solo player but a tool like that might motivate me to occasionally join groups. I don't have much interest in completing goal oriented content with people but questing, gathering resources, or touring houses together (if possible), and that general type of thing, I'd be more inclined to do. It's a feature I would check out, anyway, as long as they included various casual activities aside from rp.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    yes... yes yes we need this ofcourse.. for some things but not everything
    maybe some dleves and dugens.. like the public dugens..
    i think some the pcp could be one on pone added content and wo on two..
    like a battle area.. and others. too..
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    After almost a year of quiting the game and reading about the party finder tool in update 40 in steam news what a great opportunity to bump.Sadly a lot of time was wasted and the new tool will be used by less people than what would be the case years back as more people left the game for various reasons.I tried to communicate how finding a team to DO CONTENT is paramount [snip].Great addition but too little too late.

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 20 October 2023 17:19
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 more days!
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    why not
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • zenonuk
    zenonuk
    Other.
    It's coming in update 40.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes for me: based on my experience in GW2, although still not perfect, it seems to work better than as is in ESO for now.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, i do not think it is needed.
    9 more days!

Fine I'll be the killjoy with my vote.

Also, I'm surprised Icy edited for bashing, but didn't lock the thread for being "outdated"
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is relevant now, more than ever. And the group finder tool was proposed as early as 2019. And that is only what I remember.
    read, think and write.In that order.