Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

POLL:Do you think they should add a party finder tool?

Mixalis966
Mixalis966
✭✭✭
Party finder tool means you can choose an activity in the game(Dungeons,Trials,card game,bgs,roleplaying,questing,etc) and create a lobby with a title as a description so other people can view it and decide if they want to join.In my opinion this is gonna remove the inconvenience of searching for people in zone chats,guilds and discord channels.

POLL:Do you think they should add a party finder tool? 239 votes

Yes, i believe ESO would benefit greatly from it.
71%
KsariyuCireousCaligamy_ESOSuddwrathdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGedericKesstrylDarcyMardinVehlirdmnqwkDanikatSilafMisscapefoxvivisectvib16_ESOZephiran23guulAektannMalthorneShagrethWolfpaw 170 votes
No, i do not think it is needed.
20%
chessalavakia_ESOMalkivdefcon.dealer1b14_ESOfreespiritQuietPanda_22phaneub17_ESOParalyseEldartarOlauronkiesoSilverBrideTandorArcVelarianReverbLumsdenmlFolkbpeter1488Austackerjad11mumblerCadbury 50 votes
Other.
7%
ThorntongueGythralEiregirlBouldercleavecyberjanetwolfie1.0.GiantFruitFlyKiralyn2000JonnytheKingE7216kringled_1SylvermynxspartaxoxoInayaLady_GaladhielFenris_ArainaiSkaraMinoczenonukTrejgon 19 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I don't care one way or the other. If it gets added, fine - I've no reason to use it since I don't do group content.
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's such a basic QoL thing to ask for.
    I'm not sure if this is the case, but I read somewhere that they changed the game recently to where zone chat messages can only be read by people who share the same instance. This makes a global, customizable party finder tool extremely useful.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. This should’ve been added years ago.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those things that most players would think is a great idea, but ZOS has no interest in. Adding another way to help players find like minded people to group with is a huge potential benefit. It's like trying to talk to ZOS about optional base game minimaps.
    Edited by redspecter23 on 26 April 2022 20:45
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I always wanted a thing like this, ESPECIALLY for trials / arena and bg
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials people will debate on it....but dragons, lava vents, roaming bosses, gsyers there's no reason why there isn't one
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    Why not lfg?? or just ask people to party up??? seems like a weird thing to have for something as simple as overland questing or pvp

would be nice if you could customize party queues though like say if you only wanted dps or one healer
    party size
    role amounts
    minimum level
    this way whenever you queue for like a raid or something you will be added to places where people who fit your specified role need to be.
    this would hopefully make times easier for dps as people who dont need a tank or healer would hopefully be able to set their preferred roles for dungeons and bgs to three dps
    idk honestly but if it is only for overland content it is completely useless in my opinion...
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Don't care, wouldn't use it.
    (honestly having a hard time thinking of any games I've played that had one, as opposed to a normal queue system)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 26 April 2022 21:23
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparxlost wrote: »
    Why not lfg?? or just ask people to party up??? seems like a weird thing to have for something as simple as overland questing or pvp

would be nice if you could customize party queues though like say if you only wanted dps or one healer
    party size
    role amounts
    minimum level
    this way whenever you queue for like a raid or something you will be added to places where people who fit your specified role need to be.
    this would hopefully make times easier for dps as people who dont need a tank or healer would hopefully be able to set their preferred roles for dungeons and bgs to three dps
    idk honestly but if it is only for overland content it is completely useless in my opinion...

Why not lfg? Well this suggested system is like a customizable LFG. You set the content and parameters. For anyone that has ever asked for more filters for the queue, this is the easier answer.

Why not just ask people? That's basically what this system does, but it hits gamewide instead of one zone at a time or one guild at a time. To hit the same potential audience you'd need to simultaneously ask in all zone chats (and all instances of those chats) at once.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparxlost wrote: »

party size
    role amounts
    minimum level

Spamming lfg can take 30 mins or more. You will have to in different zones and instances will your chat will dye in clutter of zone chat so will need circle back and spam again

I could be in a different zone but wanting to do something. I would have to see someone wanting to do that right instance and zone

• Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

This time i made a poll and i do not plan to argue with anyone.You are free to ignore my post if you feel i waste your time.

Keep all arguments polite so we avoid getting the thread closed, thank you.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on 26 April 2022 22:02
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wouldn't create a lot of queries and extra load on the server, then that could be a cool idea. A buffed up version of the group finder.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against it, but wouldn't use it. I team up with friends only, so have no real need for it.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd lean towards no at this point.

My experience with improved grouping functions is that they tend to produce worse behavior and can ram into issues with population distribution.

I'm not sure the lack of a party finder tool is causing enough of an issues to merit ramming into those issues.

Maybe in some individual categories it might be worth consideration but, overall is likely pushing it.

You also can run into issues of timing when you implement a system post launch.

The primary people that will be hopping into a party finder tool at this point are people that are having troubles finding parties under the current structure of the game. You'll likely find in some cases that is happening for a reason.

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My experience with improved grouping functions is that they tend to produce worse behavior and can ram into issues with population distribution.

I'm not sure the lack of a party finder tool is causing enough of an issues to merit ramming into those issues.

Maybe in some individual categories it might be worth consideration but, overall is likely pushing it.

The primary people that will be hopping into a party finder tool at this point are people that are having troubles finding parties under the current structure of the game. You'll likely find in some cases that is happening for a reason.

What's the harm in a group finder for dragons? Most of us can't solo them but a couple more people would make North Elseweyr dragons actually be fought more ...
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such a basic QoL thing to ask for.
    I'm not sure if this is the case, but I read somewhere that they changed the game recently to where zone chat messages can only be read by people who share the same instance. This makes a global, customizable party finder tool extremely useful.

Zone chat has always been this way.

And we don't need any new group finder tool, current dungeon finder doesn't even work properly. What we need is true global chat, that includes all instances. Currently during primetime there's like 3 Craglorn instances and people desperately lfg for certain trial while in another instance they cant fill group for the same trial. I usually hop instances when filling my groups but most people don't seem to know this and just sit in their instance for a long time spamming lfm and people start to bail.
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    And we don't need any new group finder tool, current dungeon finder doesn't even work properly. What we need is true global chat, that includes all instances. Currently during primetime there's like 3 Craglorn instances and people desperately lfg for certain trial while in another instance they cant fill group for the same trial. I usually hop instances when filling my groups but most people don't seem to know this and just sit in their instance for a long time spamming lfm and people start to bail.

A party finder tool that lets you create a lobby is very similar to a global chat as they both let you get in touch with all the people currently playing.I didn't propose adding more queues for other content like the current dungeon finder.In a party finder tool you would choose a category create a lobby and people interested would join,in a global chat you would lfg and people who would happen to see it would join as well.They have some differences but they funciton very similarly.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm offended that ur offended....

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Monster Hunter: Worlds SoS system, do your thing, be it expedition, hunt, etc, shoots SOS flare and people can join you
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wholly believe random queue should not be by itself anymore.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the harm in a group finder for dragons? Most of us can't solo them but a couple more people would make North Elseweyr dragons actually be fought more ...

It may not be the most cost effective route to reach that goal and it may fail to work or have side effects.

Personally, I don't hunt Dragons in Northern Elsweyr with any regularity because the amount of effort dramatically exceeds the reward and I enjoy other content more that is in the category of providing limited rewards. Changing the payoff or the effort requirement could likely increase the number of people doing the content without needing to add new systems.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be the most cost effective route to reach that goal and it may fail to work or have side effects.

Personally, I don't hunt Dragons in Northern Elsweyr with any regularity because the amount of effort dramatically exceeds the reward and I enjoy other content more that is in the category of providing limited rewards. Changing the payoff or the effort requirement could likely increase the number of people doing the content without needing to add new systems.

The true side effect for me is that grouping with people feels like a chore as there are too many obstacles for people who want to socialize.We are divided into different zones and guilds its almost impossible to find the correct people,in the correct time,in the correct zone/guild.Everyone speaks from his own experience and mine is that i had to stop playing.I loved ESO and wanted to play more but i couldn't find people easily.Coming back into the game after years i encounter the same issues i did years ago and i felt sad the game did not progress further in terms of QoL features.Having to argue about something so basic makes me feel very discouraged about the state and the future of the game.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Why not?
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, i want an activity finder that includes arenas and trials.

no, i don't want to have to sit in a social club lobby and wait to be picked for the team.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. No because it would add load to the severs and the biggest thing Zenimax can do is reduce that load so we get to experience decent game performance. This is the reason it is not likely to get consideration at this time as Zenimax has expressed they will be extremely cautious about adding new systems until performance is improved.

2. It is not needed. We have five guild slots. It may take some searching but finding at least one good active guild for getting into groups and forming them. There are active raiding guilds, RP guilds, and more to reach everyone's interest. I kissed a few frogs until I found the guild I enjoy the most and it has paid off as I get much more out of the game there than I could with random strangers. This is something I suggest everyone do until they find the guild that meets their wants and needs in the game.

Good luck. I do not care one way or another, outside of the performance of the game, but just do not see a need for it.
    Edited by Amottica on 29 April 2022 02:50
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trials people will debate on it....but dragons, lava vents, roaming bosses, gsyers there's no reason why there isn't one

@FeedbackOnly

There used to be a party finder according to my guildmates. It permitted finding groups for doing content in a given zone and for grouping in Cyrodiil. They told me it was not used so after a few years it was removed.

I just did some searching and found an article from long ago with the image I have linked below showing there was the ability to form groups for doing world (zone) content. So my guildmate's comments seem spot on.

tt981cm1dwar.jpg
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    1. No because it would add load to the severs and the biggest thing Zenimax can do is reduce that load so we get to experience decent game performance. This is the reason it is not likely to get consideration at this time as Zenimax has expressed they will be extremely cautious about adding new systems until performance is improved.

2. It is not needed. We have five guild slots. It may take some searching but finding at least one good active guild for getting into groups and forming them. There are active raiding guilds, RP guilds, and more to reach everyone's interest. I kissed a few frogs until I found the guild I enjoy the most and it has paid off as I get much more out of the game there than I could with random strangers. This is something I suggest everyone do until they find the guild that meets their wants and needs in the game.

Good luck. I do not care one way or another, outside of the performance of the game, but just do not see a need for it.

I do not have any intetion of arguing with you or turn this thread into an argument and risk getting it closed again but since you pointed out some things i would like to answer.

1)How much load would it add to the server exactly ?I suppose you have the technical background to lead you to the conclusion that it would affect the "decent" game performance to the point that they cannot add such a feature(even though most mmos have something similar).

2)When you say it is not needed it is your personal opinion and it is respected.I could argue it is something much needed but this was the point of the poll.We talked extensively in other posts why having guilds doesn't help much for availability and visibility issues.You say " i kissed some frogs until i found the guild" and i would like to ask you if you think that every player has to go through such process till he can find a good team?Should this be the norm?

@FeedbackOnly
    There used to be a party finder according to my guildmates. It permitted finding groups for doing content in a given zone and for grouping in Cyrodiil. They told me it was not used so after a few years it was removed.

I just did some searching and found an article from long ago with the image I have linked below showing there was the ability to form groups for doing world (zone) content. So my guildmate's comments seem spot on.

tt981cm1dwar.jpg

We are discussing something different than what you mentioned above but i suppose you posted that to answer a comment and not to what this poll is about.The above seems to function like the current dungeon finder but includes more content.It is obvious that in 2014 there was a lot less content than there is now and the playerbase was a lot smaller than now(roughly 2k peak players according to steam charts,dunno how many from other sources).

Please take a moment and think not only how you would face looking for group in ESO but also the rest of the community.Aren't new players discouraged by all this?ESO's competitors all offer a smoother experience in group finding.ESO for me has better lore,music,gameplay,dungeons,immersion,environents and many more i could go on but why should it stay behind in QoL upgrades such as this?

I do not say all this to spark any argument and see who is right and who is wrong,i rather identify where we agree/disagree and then the developers can take the feedback and decide how they want to move forward.

Cheers :smile:
    Edited by Mixalis966 on 29 April 2022 03:46
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@FeedbackOnly

tt981cm1dwar.jpg

i think a grouping tool like that would be much more beneficial now than before

the very early game the only "big group" thing realistically was cyrodiil (and then IC after the first year), it was almost 2 years into the game before we got the first trials (craglorn)

now there are a lot more options for larger groups outside of cyro such as dragons and harrowstorms which would benefit from something like what is in the screenshot (i think the UI would need to be updated to fit the current game but that seems to be basically exactly what the OP is looking for)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Indifferent.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll