The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 33 PC Launch Postmortem

• Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    The issue isn't the consoles. The problem is the backend combination of old hardware and jerry-rigged software architecture.

While I seriously doubt they have any intent of getting rid of any portion of the player base, they have shown, both recently and long term via AwA and PVP, respectively, that they aren't afraid of seriously alienating a substantial number of their players.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    IMHO The weak link is the weakest hardware, that will say the very inadequate Playstations & Xboxes.

It would be hard but rather beneficial to rid us of these applicices. Or reduce their influence in the current build.

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"

Why blame consoles when we’re not having the issues PC is having? Some people have rather rubbish pcs too, you know.

And yes, getting ‘rid’ of potentially 2/3rds of your player base is *such* a good idea for long term sustainability. /s

Yes, I apologize for the mead-fuelled remark.

None of us know what makes this game tick so I'm very sorry for making such a silly post.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO The weak link is the weakest hardware, that will say the very inadequate Playstations & Xboxes.

It would be hard but rather beneficial to rid us of these applicices. Or reduce their influence in the current build.

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"

Why blame consoles when we’re not having the issues PC is having? Some people have rather rubbish pcs too, you know.

And yes, getting ‘rid’ of potentially 2/3rds of your player base is *such* a good idea for long term sustainability. /s

Yes, I apologize for the mead-fuelled remark.

None of us know what makes this game tick so I'm very sorry for making such a silly post.

Their issue with consoles is, or so they have stated is, they cannot increase item limits in houses and such because of them (and their memory limits). Which judging by how the game is now, is not their biggest issue by a long shot. It seems like even if they did increase the limits at this point, we would all probably be locked out of our houses forever due to other issues.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dietche wrote: »
    Servers are back to the exact same state during the time the network card was supposedly bad.
    >>Cannot group people.
    >>Cannot leave group.
    >>Cannot disband group.
    >>Finder doesn't work unless it's a 4 man premade.
    >>Once the finder pops, only one person actually zones in, and everyone else has to manual port.
    >>Logging in, or out, at the password screen or the character screen, is all a complete joke.
    >>Zoning *anywhere* for any reason is laughable. And for a game that relies SO heavily on zoning, what with having 10 doors and ladders for even the simplest of quests, the inability to zone--basically at all--makes it nearly impossible to do "other" things besides dungeons to pass the time.
    >>Node picking (really our only option left?) is now crazy slow

All these things are the exact same issues we had when the network card "supposedly died". All these things were happening during an event, just like this time. In the last 2 years, we have had horrible server performance *each time* an event came. So forgive me if I just don't believe that it's a matter of a "simple lan card issue" anymore.

The coincidences just keep piling up. Who wants to bet if they stopped the Jesters Event, right now, that all the login queues and broken finder and grouping issues and poor zoning performance suddenly vanishes? What? No bet? Yeahhhh....

This. Is. Such. A. Spot. On. Post.

Broken. Game.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again here because it's relevant.

I love ESO, make no mistake. Crashes, load screens, problems with zoning, I've seen it all before as a player since Beta. True maybe not to this degree, but this is something I KNOW the team is working on and will continue to work on. They've communicated about it, it's going to get done. I would not be angry about this. I understand these things take time to fix, and most importantly, there has been communication about it.

What made me take a break and pull my sub is the way AwA was released with documented bugs to live without any communication or even acknowledgement of those bugs that have made achievements really intrude into how we play. The lack of communication about it was the real deal breaker. That alone was a slap in the face to the players who felt loss over individual character data, and then having the game world lose functionality and NPC interactions bugged or a few of their quests lost was like a backhand to the slap. I would have been fine with ANY communication on those issues, a footnote in the patch notes mentioning what's still not working, a message about how things will be fixed in future patches, a message that acknowledges our concerns and looking into ways to improve the game experience, anything.

I'll come back and renew my sub when said bugs get fixed or we get communication that finally acknowledges these things and a promise to attempt to improve game functionality and immersion. Until then, I'll get my Elder Scrolls experience in the single player games, and my MMO experience in the handful of others that I actually liked but left for ESO.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very reasonable explanation. That being said, I care very little about the missed Explorer's Event days.

What I DO care about is all the daily login rewards I missed, particularly the emote, the gold, and the premium crafting materials.

The five 150% Experience Scrolls are completely meaningless to me. What you should have done is automatically award all daily login rewards for last month-- especially the unique and irreplaceable emote award-- to everyone who was active at any point in the month prior to the hardware issues.

Make it an opt-in, even, and give people 30 days to claim the pack of items, in case of other (inevitable) log in issues during the Anniversary event. (I'm still seeing the endless one second login queue, as recently as today.)
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm game is still crashing every 5-10min for me on PC NA/EU, getting multiple 'an error has occurred', lost lobby connection, stuck in eternal 1 sec queue to login, and requesting character load screens. Console seems to be less prone to crashing (NA/EU), but it still happens. I want to keep ESO+ active while jubilee Loot-a-palooza happens to help with inventory management, but if ZOS can't get the issues fixed by the end of the event, there's no point in keeping it. The game crashes during BGs, dungeons, overland, crafting, in housing, ect. I can get in some of the time-- but crash out multiple times attempting to do ANYTHING.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm game is still crashing every 5-10min for me on PC NA/EU, getting multiple 'an error has occurred', lost lobby connection, stuck in eternal 1 sec queue to login, and requesting character load screens. Console seems to be less prone to crashing (NA/EU), but it still happens. I want to keep ESO+ active while jubilee Loot-a-palooza happens to help with inventory management, but if ZOS can't get the issues fixed by the end of the event, there's no point in keeping it. The game crashes during BGs, dungeons, overland, crafting, in housing, ect. I can get in some of the time-- but crash out multiple times attempting to do ANYTHING.

I cancelled my ESO+........seems like I have to do this about once per year until they get their crap fixed.
  • magus.septim
    magus.septim
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since this series of maintenances that you are discussing here @ZOS_MattFiror , emperor passives have been broken in all campaigns on pc na. The emperor loses their passive emperor bonuses after zoning or logging. There's posts about this in bugs, pvp, and campaign forums. Can we get a comment acknowledging this is a known issue please? It's pretty serious since people work really hard for emperor and
    it's an important element of the campaigns. Thanks!
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still crashing in PvP like never before.
    Great stuff. (PC EU since U33)
  • james_walling_ESO
    james_walling_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Crashes every 3 minutes, just doing daily crafting writs, addons on or off does not make a difference. Currently, the game is unplayable.