The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please add a Year ESO+ Non Reoccurring option.

Subjectcrank
Subjectcrank
✭✭
This is the problem with my pre paid visa's for not having a subscription. No prepaid CC allows for a reoccurring membership. That being said I would love to pay for a year long subscription, but there is no other option to do so. Is there any chance that Zenimax/Bethseada could add this feature in the future please? Thanks!!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you not cancel it on your ESO account page as soon as it has commenced? That is usually how recurring subscriptions work, and you remain subscribed until the end of the initial period. What's different about your card?
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Can you not cancel it on your ESO account page as soon as it has commenced? That is usually how recurring subscriptions work, and you remain subscribed until the end of the initial period. What's different about your card?

Not with a pre paid Visa or Mastercard it doesn't authorize payment due to it being reoccurring.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not with a pre paid Visa or Mastercard it doesn't authorize payment due to it being reoccurring.

Understood, thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid no MMO developer is likely to offer a non-recurring option as recurring subscriptions are a critical part of their business plan including cashflow projections.
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭

Understood, thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid no MMO developer is likely to offer a non-recurring option as recurring subscriptions are a critical part of their business plan including cashflow projections.

Actually you can get a SWTOR one time purchase of 60’days subscription time directly from there web page. So your assumption is somewhat untrue
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually you can get a SWTOR one time purchase of 60’days subscription time directly from there web page. So your assumption is somewhat untrue

Interesting, thanks. I haven't subbed to SWTOR in a very long time and wasn't aware they've introduced that option.
  • Etori
    Etori
    ✭✭✭
    Does ESO have ESO+ cards you can get in Walmart, Target, etc? Can you just purchase those?
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Etori wrote: »
    Does ESO have ESO+ cards you can get in Walmart, Target, etc? Can you just purchase those?

not sure about that I usually don't shop for cards at Walmart in Canada same as 7-11 due to the fact they charge Taxes while other places do not.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Tandor

Boiwar started offering a non-recurring subscription years ago. If I recall it was a two-month sub with SWTOR. Considering there are time or sub-cards out there for many games it does not seem to be that big of a deal. Ofc, they can charge more with such a deal if they choose to.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etori wrote: »

They used to have subscription cards at launch, but (least here at EB's in Australia) they stopped selling them when the sub became optional (not sure if that was the reason, but they stopped selling them around that time and I've not seen any since)

However it may be different in other countries? Might be worth enquiring about.

I don't know much about the pre-paid visa's.Are you able to link them to Paypal? or not? If you are, you may be able to do it that way?
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't even have idea what prepaid visa is... as mentioned paypal or steam has some strange payment methods, of course base game is required from/for steam...
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can ask a friend to make the payment.

I currently pay the Plus of two friends who are in your same situation, more or less, one is from Argentina and the other from Colombia.
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Overall it’s a pain regardless without the one time purchase options for subscription. However I am thinking just play the game on my Xbox at least I can get cards for that here it’s just overly expensive on Xbox because you need two subscriptions one for ESO+ and the other for Gold Live minimum. But I guess that is what I’ll have to do. Secondly my PC perks don’t come over I had the Marrowind Penthouse the Summerest Vila and the Nightmare Senche and a couple other mounts that were exclusive to log in rewards plus a few pets. Oh well…
    Edited by Subjectcrank on 22 January 2022 01:14
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't even have idea what prepaid visa is... as mentioned paypal or steam has some strange payment methods, of course base game is required from/for steam...

A pre-paid Visa is a "credit card" where you pay the amount up front, like a gift card, but you can use it anywhere that accepts that brand of credit card.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subjectcrank - if paypal is available to you, you should be able to charge the recurring year sub to your paypal account, then use the prepaid visa to pay it, then cancel the sub so that it doesn't attempt to renew 365 days later without intervention (a paid sub does not expire if canceled - you continue to use the sub until the next renewal date comes up). Unless the paypal rules in your country are materially different from those for the US.... and that could certainly be an issue - the only rules with which I'm familiar are those for the US,
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Subjectcrank - if paypal is available to you, you should be able to charge the recurring year sub to your paypal account, then use the prepaid visa to pay it, then cancel the sub so that it doesn't attempt to renew 365 days later without intervention (a paid sub does not expire if canceled - you continue to use the sub until the next renewal date comes up). Unless the paypal rules in your country are materially different from those for the US.... and that could certainly be an issue - the only rules with which I'm familiar are those for the US,

Yeah doesn’t quite work like that on a pre paid gift Visa card or master card they decline any and all reoccurring subscriptions on the Card when you Attempt to make the first payment in other words being able to cancel the subscription is not possible because you can’t use the cards even on PayPal to subscribe in the first place. In the past maybe but as of recently they have squashed it I have tried trust me.
    Edited by Subjectcrank on 22 January 2022 03:25
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah doesn’t quite work like that on a pre paid gift Visa card or master card they decline any and all reoccurring subscriptions on the Card when you Attempt to make the first payment in other words being able to cancel the subscription is not possible because you can’t use the cards even on PayPal to subscribe in the first place. In the past maybe but as of recently they have squashed it I have tried trust me.

So you can't just use the prepaid CC as a deposit to your paypal account, and when it shows up as a credit to the account, then order the 365 day ESO+ charged to that paypal account? If that's the case it seems odd....
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭

So you can't just use the prepaid CC as a deposit to your paypal account, and when it shows up as a credit to the account, then order the 365 day ESO+ charged to that paypal account? If that's the case it seems odd....

No you cannot put money from your pre-paid card to your PayPal it doesn’t work like that. PayPal serves as a platform link directly to your card and if your card is not authorized for reoccurring subscriptions guess what? Heh
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. That's not what happens on my account.... I can put any money from anywhere on mine, and then charge anything I want to my account and it gets paid. I add money from various prepaid cards (I wind up with them all the time) to my account, and some of that later gets used for my recurring sub to ESO+.

I guess different countries have different rules.
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Hmm. That's not what happens on my account.... I can put any money from anywhere on mine, and then charge anything I want to my account and it gets paid. I add money from various prepaid cards (I wind up with them all the time) to my account, and some of that later gets used for my recurring sub to ESO+.

I guess different countries have different rules.

Yup different country’s have some strict laws to prevent fraud from what I know if your in the UK you can’t even get cards like the ones we have in Canada from what I was told by a friend
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Well, that does suck as it gives people no options for flexibility.
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Huh. Well, that does suck as it gives people no options for flexibility.

Yeah very little flexibility it’s fine though I am playing Xbox RN at least I can dump sub money there but it does suck paying for two subscriptions instead of one.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *wince* Yeah.... not fun.

Well, I do pay two subs, 365 on both. But I do have the flexibility to manage that thankfully.
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    *wince* Yeah.... not fun.

Well, I do pay two subs, 365 on both. But I do have the flexibility to manage that thankfully.

That would be nice, seems I’ll be paying for the Xbox sub for a year and ESO+ at least it’s a year long though I can use other months to get bling in eso Lol
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a 6 month option that does not automatically renew for PSN, don't know they don't have that for PC

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esoplus

@ZOS_Kevin

Is there anyway the 6 month non-renewing option could be added to XBOX and PC.

Also is this support article still accurate? I don't see any such cards available even in America

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26554/~/can-i-buy-prepaid-cards-for-eso-plus?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 24 January 2022 02:56