The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Next Class - Pirate?

Glacku808
Glacku808
✭✭✭
If the 2022 Chapter goes as rumors have suggested with an island theme, does that mean the new class will be Pirate?

What other classes could work? I've heard the chapter may have to do with the Bretons. Whats missing and what can be added with the next chapter in your opinion?
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arrr, that be a good idea. (Said in a gruff, deep voice). I bought the pirate personality once and I was very disappointed but other people loved it. Zos would need to introduce cannons. You can't have a pirate ship without cannons.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean we can get a wooden leg, a hook and a bantam guar to sit on the shoulder?
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would happily remake my pirate character with an actual pirate class
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sailor

Ultimate is "consume spinach"
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    No, just no. 🤨
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering our characters spend 99% of their time on land, this is doubtful to say the least.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got nothing against pirates, but how exactly could you translate pirates into an actual class? You’d obviously need a blunderbuss and guns don’t exist yet in game.

The chapter is obviously geared towards Bretons. So Brenton’s are known for their magical affinity and their knights. So following that logic I think a magical based warrior class would fit. 1-handed/rune or magic class seems to fit better. The assets exist in game already as well as multiple trailers showing characters (specifically characters that are supposed to be us) using this skill. So my bet if it’s anything new it’ll be the skill line.

If it’s to be a new class a Battlemage fits as well. But “We have stam-sorcs already in game that fits the battle mage style”. And to that I say yes and no. Stam-sorcs are not truly a Battlemage class.
    A Battlemage class could/should use summoned bound weapons and be able to use magic at the same time as well as using magic shields (alteration) to boaster defense and resistance’s.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I
    A Battlemage class could/should use summoned bound weapons and be able to use magic at the same time as well as using magic shields (alteration) to boaster defense and resistance’s.

And the Bound Weapon skill exists in game - there are some Waking Flame cultists in Deadlands who use it (it looks just like it did in Skyrim)
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it should be the Seaman class. We need more opportunities for puns and memes.
    Playing since beta...
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will I finally be able to make my tribute to Captain Yarrface out of Rumahoy?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see how they would work as a standalone class when you compare them to what we already have.

Now, some type of water/wind manipulating class that attacks with sea storms and stuff could work. My Maormer mage would be all for that.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see how they would work as a standalone class when you compare them to what we already have.

Now, some type of water/wind manipulating class that attacks with sea storms and stuff could work. My Maormer mage would be all for that.

Ou yes, I didn't even think about that

But that already somewhat exists with Sorc and Lightning Staff :(
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would that even work? Pirates in Elder Scrolls vary a lot. Some use magic, some are sneaky, some are the more smashy smashy type, combinations, and some are typical sword dueling types.

Do people want a walking caricature or something? Send parrot attack. Harpoon attack, twirly sword attack, yell splice the mainbrace to give your allies a buff? The Necromancer class is bad enough as it is.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Send parrot attack. Harpoon attack, twirly sword attack, yell splice the mainbrace to give your allies a buff? .

Yes oh yes, it would be glorious me 'earties
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sailor

Ultimate is "consume spinach"

OP for three months then gets nerfed into the ground.
    PC NA
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Water magic: offensive spells and stam morph

Wind magic: healing with divine wind
    (being healing based would make it easier to be unique looking vs storm magic

Tools: use differant object associated with pirate to tank, for exemple ropes to chain and a pirate flag to put fear into their ennemy

With enough dev time i think this could make an awesome cass

Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on 19 January 2022 18:08
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a personality? Sure.

As a class? Lol, no.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pirate class? Without a ship?
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

Coming soon to the Crown Store - the pirate ship mount. Trundle around Cyrodiil in your own ship, can equip a battering ram and 4 ballistas to help seige keeps....
  • Ranthuk
    Ranthuk
    ✭✭✭
    This has been my gut feeling for awhile but again it's a bit of a weird one to implement

Maybe as a skill line though
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How would that even work? Pirates in Elder Scrolls vary a lot. Some use magic, some are sneaky, some are the more smashy smashy type, combinations, and some are typical sword dueling types.

Do people want a walking caricature or something? Send parrot attack. Harpoon attack, twirly sword attack, yell splice the mainbrace to give your allies a buff? The Necromancer class is bad enough as it is.

And like the Necromancer I imagine it would be full of Criminal Act abilities.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got nothing against pirates, but how exactly could you translate pirates into an actual class? You’d obviously need a blunderbuss and guns don’t exist yet in game.

Swashbucker or Buccaneer might be better names. Cutlass' are probably more associated with pirates than blunderbuss'. Could also use a crossbow skill (like the fighters guild one) if you want a ranged attack.

I'd personally like to see a class with all stamina skills, with some magika morphs. Opposite way round of the existing classes.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »

Coming soon to the Crown Store - the pirate ship mount. Trundle around Cyrodiil in your own ship, can equip a battering ram and 4 ballistas to help seige keeps....

Or a cardboard boat mount like the stick horse. The idle jump animation could be a little puff of smoke from a tiny cannon.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a cardboard boat mount like the stick horse. The idle jump animation could be a little puff of smoke from a tiny cannon.

Oh yes, thats such a better idea than mine, I love it, I'd pay crowns for this 🤣🤣
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glacku808 wrote: »
    If the 2022 Chapter goes as rumors have suggested with an island theme, does that mean the new class will be Pirate?

What other classes could work? I've heard the chapter may have to do with the Bretons. Whats missing and what can be added with the next chapter in your opinion?

Oh god i hope not... Ill be forced to buy it D: pirates too good
    Edited by francesinhalover on 20 January 2022 02:27
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean we can get a wooden leg, a hook and a bantam guar to sit on the shoulder?

You forgot the eye patch.
    PCNA
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    You can’t go wrong with anything pirate themed! 🏴‍☠️
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I think it should be the Seaman class. We need more opportunities for puns and memes.

You can't joke about that or you'll get reported for using bad language!
    uwu
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot the eye patch.

Yes I did, thank you for adding it 😊
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd spend crowns on that.
    PC NA