The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PvP Update [Updated June 2022]

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt like tonight during prime time; PCNA improvements started to degrade. Not sure why but there definitely was some delays and misfires.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt like tonight during prime time; PCNA improvements started to degrade. Not sure why but there definitely was some delays and misfires.

I just left blackreach because i would simple be standing in place with no skills firing
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

during really large fights i still notice my ping getting up to 120-130 which is the range where i start to notice occasional skill delays

its still way better than sitting at 300-400 in major fights and nothing firing whatsoever

good hardware can only raise bad software up so much lol, so maybe once they finish the code rearchitecture it might improve again
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

during really large fights i still notice my ping getting up to 120-130 which is the range where i start to notice occasional skill delays

its still way better than sitting at 300-400 in major fights and nothing firing whatsoever

good hardware can only raise bad software up so much lol, so maybe once they finish the code rearchitecture it might improve again

True enough. Just hope they decide to not rest on a victory of "good enough" as it slides to being a bit worse again
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True enough. Just hope they decide to not rest on a victory of "good enough" as it slides to being a bit worse again

yeah, the new hardware was a step in the right direction, but they still have a lot of work to get cyro back to the pre-one tamriel population caps and performance
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly this.

We're all happy Cyrodiil is playable, but please let's stop patting ZOS in the back for doing the bare minimum of getting new servers and not criticizing them at all for the fact that it should've been done years ago. It was so obvious to any PvPer that new/more servers would help because when Midyear Mayhem came around Cyrodiil performance improved for the duration of the event and went back to being atrocious after it ended. We knew it, we clamored for new servers and it fell on deaf ears.

Finally this refresh comes around for whatever reason and ZOS thinks it won't improve performance at all. Then it does far more than all the stuff they tried like cooldowns, Block -> Bracing, and all the other bs they tried in the last 3 years trying to not invest back into the game.

Just think about it. This could've been done anytime in the last 5 years. Where would ESO PvP be if Cyrodiil was performing well enough as it is now say since 3+ years ago?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd KILL for a 120-130 ping! Living roughly 17,000km from the EU server means my ping averages about 400.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »

Exactly this.

We're all happy Cyrodiil is playable, but please let's stop patting ZOS in the back for doing the bare minimum of getting new servers and not criticizing them at all for the fact that it should've been done years ago. It was so obvious to any PvPer that new/more servers would help because when Midyear Mayhem came around Cyrodiil performance improved for the duration of the event and went back to being atrocious after it ended. We knew it, we clamored for new servers and it fell on deaf ears.

Finally this refresh comes around for whatever reason and ZOS thinks it won't improve performance at all. Then it does far more than all the stuff they tried like cooldowns, Block -> Bracing, and all the other bs they tried in the last 3 years trying to not invest back into the game.

Just think about it. This could've been done anytime in the last 5 years. Where would ESO PvP be if Cyrodiil was performing well enough as it is now say since 3+ years ago?

You're not wrong in general, as we've delt with this way to long and also went from hearing fairly regularly from Wheeler, to silence, to even ridicule for daring to keep asking; but it's ok to voice happiness for some improvement when it happens.

It would be better for them to see that improving the performance gets them happy customers, and by the queues we now see; more customers. I only wish they keep it going as it won't last as it settles with long queues and performance gains slip.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Performance is better, but like others said, still lots of stability issues. Stuck in combat seems to actually have gotten worse. I literally have to go to cheesemonger every 20 min.

But we really need to talk about these queues. 1 hour and 40 min tonight and counting for GH. Hit #12 50 min ago and it has not moved at all. If it doesn't move soon, I'll be abandoning ESO for the night.

Its been about an hour most of the week. Crashed once and had to requeue but ended up logging in the middle of the queue after waiting almost another hour.

I am not sure which is worse, the lag or the queues.

I honestly have no idea why I still play this game.
  • folko
    folko
    ✭✭
    Any news so far?
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    folko wrote: »
    Any news so far?
    If you read the thread, you would've answered your own question: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7589520#Comment_7589520 ....sort of. :D
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    Reckon its going to be all fixed???? mmm Yeah nah ......
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon that it's a definite solid possibility now that they have an influx of Microsoft $$ B)
    JDredd wrote: »

Edited by keto3000 on 19 May 2022 08:14
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I reckon that it's a definite solid possibility now that htey have an influx of Microsoft $$ B)
    JDredd wrote: »

Hehe, that isn't how it works. MS bought them to take/make money, not give it away. It wouldn't be a very good investment if they have to dump money into it. Bethesda isn't some startup they are looking to fund in hopes of a success.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potential weekend events when :/
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is even a good spot to post this, but I really want zenimax to acknowledge this matter so I'll be putting it everywhere I can.

On PC NA, since the hardware refresh 3 weeks ago, the performance in cyrodiil has been nearly flawless. Truly, I have been able to stand inside keeps with over 100 people on the player counter, and use all of my abilities with 0 delay at all.

After Thursday, May 19th, the performance has degraded significantly for no apparent reason. You can watch my streams from the past two weeks, which are still available in VOD form on the twitch channel linked in my signature below, for a comparison. I do not know what happened in the maintenance this week, or if this is a result of some sort of residual strain on the servers, but zenimax NEEDS to acknowledge this. Both Grayhost and Blackreach had SIGNIFCANT skill delay last night. It felt very similar to what it felt like prior to the hardware upgrade. The past 3 weeks of flawless performance have been the most enjoyable PVP the game has offered in 6 years, and I have numerous friends who are returning to the game to enjoy it. Additionally there are players on console and EU who are preparing to come back to the game in anticipation of their server upgrades. I guarantee NONE of these players will stick around if the performance degrades once again. PLEASE, investigate this matter, or at least acknowledge that you are aware of the course of events in the past 3 weeks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is even a good spot to post this, but I really want zenimax to acknowledge this matter so I'll be putting it everywhere I can.

On PC NA, since the hardware refresh 3 weeks ago, the performance in cyrodiil has been nearly flawless. Truly, I have been able to stand inside keeps with over 100 people on the player counter, and use all of my abilities with 0 delay at all.

After Thursday, May 19th, the performance has degraded significantly for no apparent reason. You can watch my streams from the past two weeks, which are still available in VOD form on the twitch channel linked in my signature below, for a comparison. I do not know what happened in the maintenance this week, or if this is a result of some sort of residual strain on the servers, but zenimax NEEDS to acknowledge this. Both Grayhost and Blackreach had SIGNIFCANT skill delay last night. It felt very similar to what it felt like prior to the hardware upgrade. The past 3 weeks of flawless performance have been the most enjoyable PVP the game has offered in 6 years, and I have numerous friends who are returning to the game to enjoy it. Additionally there are players on console and EU who are preparing to come back to the game in anticipation of their server upgrades. I guarantee NONE of these players will stick around if the performance degrades once again. PLEASE, investigate this matter, or at least acknowledge that you are aware of the course of events in the past 3 weeks.

Agreed, I was crashing out in GH and the skill delays are back. I broke out the ol' Essence Thief set with the hardware refresh because of how skills were firing better, but the past few days I can't even get the ground aura to spawn half the time. Gap closers not working, rubberbanding, etc. And that's on a decent Win 10 rig with zero changes to my internet.

Maybe they were right about not expecting any performance improvements with the server replacement. But what would explain the better performance the past couple of weeks? Are the memory leaks coming back? Was Akamai loosened up a little bit for the new hardware tests, and now back to running at full bottleneck? Some answers would be appreciated.

Edited by Jaraal on 21 May 2022 21:17
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got stuck in gap closer animation. Havent seen that for quite some time, even when it was laggy. Performance is definitely slipping though
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the memory leak I suspect is at it again.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I queued for ages a few times. Got dropped from game as I ported into Cyro once. Got Dc'd once porting into Bleaks but I've had so much fun this weekend. Skills fire! Potions pot. The desync has improved. SO THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK.. Hope we can simultaneously reduce queue times, however at the moment Cyrodil GH is worth the wait, performance wise.

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    As stated in another thread discussing current issues:

Played some this weekend and went to Cyro for the first time in weeks.

As soon as it got relatively close to primetime, it became unplayable.

Left Cyro and did a vet rando. Skills and attacks not firing. NPC's positionally desyncing. In Spindleclutch 2 of all places.

We logged off and went to another game. Likely won't be back for a while again. In the household, we've gone from 5 subs to 2. May not bother with those either at this point. It's just nonsense.

Many of us have been saying it for some time now. It's not even just pvp areas anymore. It's been a constant decline in performance across the board for some time now.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was in Ravenwatch no CP/Proc last night Xbox NA and had the bug where I couldn't fire any attack/skills at all when attacking a resource. Luckily this time there were a few allies and they had mostly wiped out the NPCs and player enemies by the time I arrived. But I was trying to help kill the last human enemy or 2 and couldn't do anything. This used to happen when attacking a resource solo and running into the tower but has now spread outside. It sure makes it difficult to play when I can't do anything literally but walk around.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Was in Ravenwatch no CP/Proc last night Xbox NA and had the bug where I couldn't fire any attack/skills at all when attacking a resource. Luckily this time there were a few allies and they had mostly wiped out the NPCs and player enemies by the time I arrived. But I was trying to help kill the last human enemy or 2 and couldn't do anything. This used to happen when attacking a resource solo and running into the tower but has now spread outside. It sure makes it difficult to play when I can't do anything literally but walk around.

Couldn't find a campaign this weekend where that wasn't happening.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They must have accidentally allotted too many servers to the Cyrodiil cluster during the hardware refresh, and removed them when they realized their mistake. Everyone has been crashing to desktop like crazy now. I guess this is one way to solve the long queue issue.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurts even more... to know it could work but it does not because of decisions made in the dark :'(
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

They must have accidentally allotted too many servers to the Cyrodiil cluster during the hardware refresh, and removed them when they realized their mistake. Everyone has been crashing to desktop like crazy now. I guess this is one way to solve the long queue issue.

I am starting to believe this is true. I mean the performance increase was SO incredibly drastic, that I didn't think it was even physically possible for the game to run at that level. I never would have believed I could be amongst 100+ people with full character control and 0 delay.

But then we got it. For 3 weeks, it was literal flawless performance, with only FPS drops being a concern, andI doubt a single PVP player cared about FPS drops when for the first time in 6 years they were able to play without lag. All of a sudden in the middle of last week, just after a maintenance where nothing public facing was changed, that performance went away and we went back to lagging.

Zenimax, can you PLEASE acknowledge this or explain what is happening? People are understandably frustrated, and they want answers.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping they are upgrading the Xbox servers but it’s doubtful.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »

Exactly this.

ESO PVP never would have died the way it did and we would still have all the campaigns we used to have.
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    "special rulesets or weekend events" WHEN???? been months now and nothing.
    Remove all proc sets for a weekend.
    I know it was posted that it had no effect on the servers but It breathed life into PVP like crazy for that month that it happened.
    Edited by Sagetim on 1 June 2022 23:29
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sagetim wrote: »
    "special rulesets or weekend events" WHEN???? been months now and nothing.
    Remove all proc sets for a weekend.
    I know it was posted that it had no effect on the servers but I breathed life into PVP like crazy for that month that it happened.

I would bow out because I very much dislike the no proc way.

But plainly now its half a year and nothing has happened so I think we can take it as read that nothing will ever happen with this. We were just being teased and I find that bordering on disrespectful.
    PCNA
    PCEU